Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1775

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    Why is questioning one's marks considered poor sportsmanship?
    Well, you don't see Mao or the Japanese Federation raising a fuss about the score she got for her FP at Olympics? I mean, Mao should have broken the world record that night with that performance...

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Well, you don't see Mao or the Japanese Federation raising a fuss about the score she got for her FP at Olympics? I mean, Mao should have broken the world record that night with that performance...
    but mao was not even a contender after her SP.. heck.. if she was in that position like for an example her score in the SP was virtually tied w/ adelina and then still losing to her by 7 points in the lp even though she had the most difficult program.. i doubt you will be quiet and not reacted the same way as yuna supporters and to certain extent carolina's supporters.. it was easy for you not to react.. but if "you're in that moment" you will be pissed too..

Custom Title
    Because for most people, the difference between gold and silver is worth fighting for, while protesting the difference between sixth place and fifth (or fourth) is simply a waste of energy and resources.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Personally I think the problem is the content of KSU's complaint was not spot-on. I mean it's not the judge hugging Adelina the problem, it's the anonymous judging and we still couldn't know who gave which score.
    Is there anyway to ask for the identity of the judges and their relative scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Personally I think the problem is the content of KSU's complaint was not spot-on. I mean it's not the judge hugging Adelina the problem, it's the anonymous judging and we still couldn't know who gave which score.
    Is there anyway to ask for the identity of the judges and their relative scores?
    that's not really surprising.. ksu is just incompetent.. and in fact they were reluctant to file a complaint in the first place..

No surprise here. The lawyer who was hired for KSU works for IB Sports. Can't believe IB is still chasing Yuna.

Oh wow, another topic on KSU complaint.

Medalist
    Not surprised at dismissal, but the contents of complaints are little hilarious. Probably they were forced to complain but have no real interest.. Anyway, just done. 1OGM and 1OSM look good enough to me.

Custom Title
    1) what would she be trying to get? 4th place?

2) your statement has no logic. Just bc another skater doesn't raise objections doesn't make the act of raising an objection to be poor sportsmanship. The act itself doesn't indicate good or bad sportsmanship at all. That's like saying if two people received the same score, person x is a poor sportsman bc he appealed whilst person y didn't. In this case they didn't even receive the same score.

Custom Title
    The irony is that, had the judging been fair, Carolina and Mao could have walked away with the gold medal and the world record.

Custom Title
    Yuna clearly didn't care whether she won or not, so why doesn't she tell her federation to back off, accept the result, and move on? It's getting ridiculous now. Yuna's not going to get a joint gold medal - it's not like one judge in particular cheated and swapped votes to get Adelina the gold. What's done is done. Accept it and move on.

Medalist
    Cuz WR is not a important thing

Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    Yuna clearly didn't care whether she won or not, so why doesn't she tell her federation to back off, accept the result, and move on? It's getting ridiculous now. Yuna's not going to get a joint gold medal - it's not like one judge in particular cheated and swapped votes to get Adelina the gold. What's done is done. Accept it and move on.
    she already did.. but the public pressure was strong that's why they went ahead w/ the complaint..

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    1) what would she be trying to get? 4th place?
    2) your statement has no logic. Just bc another skater doesn't raise objections doesn't make the act of raising an objection to be poor sportsmanship. The act itself doesn't indicate good or bad sportsmanship at all. That's like saying if two people received the same score, person x is a poor sportsman bc he appealed whilst person y didn't. In this case they didn't even receive the same score.
    Well, actually in this case, IF both Japan Fed and Italia Fed filed complaints about Mao and Caro's placements, along with KSU (with more spot-on complaint), it would make some difference, I think.

Custom Title
    @ the people who equate being docile to good sportsmanship.

I don't think the Korean "public" cares much anymore. The articles out now are just baiting Yuna's pre-teen ubers.

Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast