Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1775

Thread: South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

  1. #1651
    Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    3,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The ISU's position is that they do not have to prove anything to anyone. They do not care what the KSU demands or does not demand.
    I still think that if both JFS and Italian fed filed complaints for Mao and Caro, along with KFS's for Yuna, with better spot-on content, they would make some different.

  2. #1652
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    of course they are STILL hiding to anonymity.. that's why.. they're scared..
    They were anonymous all the years Kim was being massively overscored...

  3. #1653
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    They were anonymous all the years Kim was being massively overscored...
    So I am curious which competition did you think Kim has overscored to rob someone's medal? Examples please.
    I am all in favour for revealing these judging scores too


    Re:gravy

    I like this judging make up under gymnastics. At least it addresses potential conflict of interest, deters federations enforcing agenda by random selection. How many judges does it draw from to make up one panel per group? As this obviously goes into the cost.

  4. #1654
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    They were anonymous all the years Kim was being massively overscored...
    i'm certain that the composition in the judging when yuna won w/ high scores... THERE WASN'T A SINGLE KOREAN in the tech panel.. nor 4 judges from south korea.. so bring it..i dare ISU to release those scores when yuna won..

  5. #1655
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    458
    Really?

    Everyone's going to repeat all the same worn-out arguments AGAIN?

    Arguments that have nothing to do with the Korean complaint, or its dismissal?

    For ANOTHER 100 pages?

  6. #1656
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,456
    ^^I know, right.

    I will say re: the ISU dismissing this, that I'm not surprised. I do feel that if the USFSA, JSF and a couple of other federations had launched a joint complaint about it, the issue might have gotten more attention and the outcome could possibly be different b/c the complaint would have been coming from all sides instead of just from one tiny section. Unfortunately, it does look like the KSF is complaining b/c Yu-Na didn't win and, in that context, the ISU has no reason to entertain them. The KSF is a tiny federation without much pull. With Yu-Na gone they have no top tier level skaters so being out on the outs with them (KSF) really won't hurt the ISU in any way. Thus they can brush this to the side and ignore it. Sad but true.

    I do think releasing the scores would be a good move but it's not like one judge or two judges scored Adelina high and everyone else didn't; the majority of the judges scored her in the same range so I don't exactly know what would come of it.

  7. #1657
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    349
    I doubt that revealing the individual judges' scores from Sochi would clear any conspiracy theories as the last time I checked the scores were similar across the panel.

  8. #1658
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    I live in home
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    They were anonymous all the years Kim was being massively overscored...
    Uhh..What medal Kim robbed? She just got plain 'oly-champ buff'.
    Before? She consistently medaled at all the comp so getting higher and finally broke the wr at Vancouver. That's all.

  9. #1659
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Your argument is poorer. So basically no US, Japanese, Canadian or Russian skaters can EVER question any judgement just because their nationality has ALWAYS been part of the judging make up in this sport? you really claiming the Korean official cheated at Vancouver? Otherwise I don't see what is the point of your argument.
    I am sorry, you say I have a poor argument, so you see some and then you say you do not see any. Which is true? My point is that accusing people based on their nationality is wild.

  10. #1660
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    it's time to release those marks.. why not?? the ISU should release those..so that everyone will know who scored who.. why not just prove that there wasn't any biases or abnormal scoring.. come on.. just to shut up everyone.. and yes including those persistent korean fans... is ISU scared??
    Yuna entered the competition with anonimous judging. She accepted the rule. Learn to lose. All judges gave Adelina winner score.

  11. #1661
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by mich2 View Post
    Yuna entered the competition with anonimous judging. She accepted the rule. Learn to lose. All judges gave Adelina winner score.
    they did?? including the known cheater balkov??

  12. #1662
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,582
    Quote Originally Posted by gravy View Post
    FS really ought to take note from the artistic gymnastics scoring system. They're similar in the sense that there is a "technical" and "artistic" mark (and that they moved away from a "perfect" mark system, 6.0 and the 10). However, you haven't heard of cheating in gymnastics ever since the eastern-block judging in the late 80s for 3 simple reasons:

    1. Judges are not allowed to give marks to athletes from their own country. This includes the difficulty panel which is somewhat equivalent to the technical callers in FS. I am still astounded that no one seems to care about that fact in FS. You can't tell me that there aren't enough qualified judges (who haven't cheated in the past) that you can hire who don't bring forth that huge conflict of interest. Nor can you tell me that a judge can be truly impartial to an athlete from their country.

    2. In the all-around and team competitions, judges are randomly selected and only give scores to one group of athletes (~6 gymnasts out of 24-30 in total). This eliminates the possibility of fixing results because there are so many judges. It may seem messy, but it works.

    3. Judges are not anonymous and their respective scores for each athlete are released after each competition. Also, if a certain judge's score deviates too much from the average of all the other judges for that athlete, they are suspended (whether they are attempting to fix results or are just incompetent at judging).
    I do think the gymnastics system works well for gymnastics but would be harder to implement in figure skating. In response to your points:

    1) I don't mind if one of the nine judges on the panel is from the skater's country because if the judge is out of line in the scoring the scores will be thrown out. The tech panel is a bit different, because they have a lot of power and there are fewer members. The ISU tries to address that by preventing panel members from the countries with the top ranked skaters being there, so clearly the ISU sees that there would be some advantage if a top skater had a countryman/woman on the tech panel. I'm not sure what the solution is there.

    2) I prefer seeing the same panel judge the entire competition, personally. I would hate to see the results affected by a skater being unlucky to have a few very tough judges on her panel and a close competitor have a different set of judges who aren't as harsh.

    3) This must happen. I guess the ISU made anonymous judging to prevent judges from having to be pressured to score athletes a certain way as part of deals with other nations, as well as for people not to focus as much on the composition of the judging panel. However, if a judge doesn't score how he/she is supposed to as part of a deal with another country, then the other federation might get mad and not offer to make another deal, which would be a good thing.

  13. #1663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    they did?? including the known cheater balkov??
    I am sorry, what are you saying? He did, all judges gave Adelina high score. Call them cheaters. What else is left for desperate fans.

  14. #1664
    Yuna's Ice Rink cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by mich2 View Post
    I am sorry, what are you saying? He did, all judges gave Adelina high score. Call them cheaters. What else is left for desperate fans.
    you said that ALL judges gave adelina a high score.. including yuri balkov.. who is a known cheater which is a fact gave adelina the high score..

  15. #1665
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,506
    Actually, it is impossible to prove that, since you don' t know which scores go together. You can only prove it if every score of Adelina's is higher than every score of YuNa's. and even then you have the question of whether the tech panel's calls were correct or not.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2014/index.htm

    If you look at GOE and PCS, which are the scores judges give, YuNa is ahead on more than one judge's scorecard. It is her base value that defeated her, and that is partially due to the tech panel and partially to her own choice of elements.

    Adelina's base value was 61.43, YuNa's 57.49. 0.9 of that difference is due to YuNa being awarded level3 for her step sequence and her layback spin.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-05-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Page 111 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •