South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 16 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Alba

Record Breaker
National origin - I mean ethnicity.

If people are going to be saying a Bulgarian or ukrainian with the last name that ends with "ov" or "ova" or a Slovak or Czech whose names ends with ov or ova are suspects in being colluding and conspiring with Russians why not ban ovs or Ovas from taking up more than one judging place on a panel. If people are going to complain all the time about ovs or Ovas or ins and Ina's or whatever isu can ban them

If people are going to suspect Slovakia judges are not legitimate when there a Russian judge too why not ban Slovakia and Russia or russia and Estonia?

What do people want? Just to complain? Or try to pass rules?

Let them complain. This is getting ridiculous really. :laugh:
Why not eliminate all the Anglo-Saxons judges, or Scandinavia, Latin, South East Europe? In fact, why not eliminate all the judges from the European Union?!
The very idea of discriminating judges because of their ethnicity and nationality is outrages.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Let them complain. This is getting ridiculous really. :laugh:
Why not eliminate all the Anglo-Saxons judges, or Scandinavia, Latin, South East Europe? In fact, why not eliminate all the judges from the European Union?!
The very idea of discriminating judges because of their ethnicity and nationality is outrages.

Well then the multiple Ovas or whatever just have to be given the benefit of the doubt!

usethis2

Medalist
I am all for the investigation. It will either exonerate the Sochi judges or hopefully result in a better judging system and a better appointment system.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Thanks to Yuna fans i have seen it side by side with her sochi programs and everyone can see how astonishingly better sotnikova was in sochi! With 3/3 and 3 jump combo and spins better and performance better and its so amazing to see sonikova astounding improvement in every way!

You should definitely watch Adelina's exhibition. It is outstanding and it portrays an Actias Luna extremely well, I thought I was watching a discovery channel rather than the Olympics. You should google actias luna to see it for yourself. It is unbelievable how Adelina 100% replicates it. Perhaps thats what you meant by her outstanding performance. I wonder what else I can compare it to. Mind giving me a suggestion?

gmyers

Record Breaker
I am all for the investigation. It will either exonerate the Sochi judges or hopefully result in a better judging system and a better appointment system.

So much communication is by text so all South Korea wants is all cell phones from judges collected with computers and tablets and all electronic devices probably.

gmyers

Record Breaker
You should definitely watch Adelina's exhibition. It is outstanding and it portrays an Actias Luna extremely well, I thought I was watching a discovery channel rather than the Olympics. You should google actias luna to see it for yourself. It is unbelievable how Adelina 100% replicates it. Perhaps thats what you meant by her outstanding performance. I wonder what else I can compare it to. Mind giving me a suggestion?

You can compare it to mans landing on the moon!!!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw unfortunately our thoughts were different. When i was watching Adelina's lp, i thought i was watching wet paint to dry.

How does a comment like that build you any credibility? I get it. You don't enjoy figure skating so...why are you here?

The judges deserve your scorn not the beautiful skating of the best girls in the world. Give credit where credit is due !!

MiRé

Match Penalty
How does a comment like that build you any credibility? I get it. You don't enjoy figure skating so...why are you here?

The judges deserve your scorn not the beautiful skating of the best girls in the world. Give credit where credit is due !!

Why do you care? Not everyone has to like her program just like many people on here don't like x and y skater's program. According to your logic, they hate figure skating too?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why do you care? Not everyone has to like her program just like many people on here don't like x and y skater's program. According to your logic, they hate figure skating too?
You don't have to like it. Liking and respecting are two different things. I'm sure this isn't news. It's disheartening to see talent not respected. Is that a better way to say it?

Meoima

Match Penalty

I am not Adelina's fan but seriously, some of Yuna's fans have become more and more irritable. You don't like the program, it's okay, it's your subjective opinion, but you insult her and her program without any reasonable point, then it has become a problem. She is not the judging panel who gave her scores. So stop bashing her. This thread is about an entire different matter, it is about the judging, not about the skaters. And seriously, there is nothing wrong with worshiping ONLY your favorite skater. But it's wrong to bash other skaters just for the sake of your idol.

MiRé

Match Penalty
You don't have to like it. Liking and respecting are two different things. I'm sure this isn't news. It's disheartening to see talent not respected. Is that a better way to say it?

It's hard to see a talent when there is fraud involved.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hard to see a talent when there is fraud involved.

You a certainly free to view the world however you see fit.. I can't change nor am I interested in changing your viewpoints. I just see no reason to be disrespectful of other skaters and to their fans. YMMV.

cooper

Medalist
You still don't know what crime is? It's something punishable by law, by Penal code, you can pay fine or go to jail. In English well enough? :p
Cyberbullying and death threats are crimes that Yuna fans are committing against Adelina. Yuna chose to stay away from it. She doesn't read Internet.
On other thread the English of Yuna fans with filipino background got mocked, people shouted that that was insult. Here you see the same thing against not a Yuna fan, and everybody's happy, because when Yuna fans insults others, it's not insult but off-topic remark. :laugh: Yuna Kingdom of hypocricy.
There is the thing called 'happiness'. Happy people don't need to whine in the internet, that is what losers do. They are scared of opposition and cowardly ask to ban it :biggrin:. At least you admitted it loudly, I give you credit for that.

you don't whine?? while you labeled others as hypocrites and you the other hand have been spreading your hate towards yuna.. so how do you call it?? you're doing the same thing.. oh the irony.. :laugh:

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
you don't whine?? while you labeled others as hypocrites and you the other hand have been spreading your hate towards yuna.. so how do you call it?? you're doing the same thing.. oh the irony.. :laugh:
When you used the word "same", you called yourself a whining hypocrite and a hater. I agree, it's irony. :p

Meoima

Match Penalty
You a certainly free to view the world however you see fit.. I can't change nor am I interested in changing your viewpoints. I just see no reason to be disrespectful of other skaters and to their fans. YMMV.
Yup, Yuna's fans have their rights to not like other skaters' performance. But to act disrecpectful towards other skaters is an entire diffrent matter. Judging controversy has nothing to do with this. Beside, bashing other people because you ONLY want justice to your idol is not a good action. :confused: Cyber bullying only makes it worse.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
The snark and name-calling in several recent posts isn't adding any value to the discussion at all.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I hope NOT EVERYBODY here believes these "first post" posters who just *happen* to drop by with more nuggets ("even Russians think Adelina's gold was tainted", seriously?? ALL the comments from Russians on the internet in English that I've seen were angry at Korean attacks on Adelina and supported Adelina, but perhaps Russian speaking Russians act and think differently from Russians who know some English!). This filing is to add fuel to the fire to strip Adelina of her gold and award it to Yuna. :rolleye:

I did my best to read through 94 pages of Russian forum thread and to report here what majority posters say. I have absolutely no bias in all this as my favorite skater sadly not competing anymore. I was pleasantly surprised at objectivity which majority of posters demonstrated on the subject considering their 'conflict of interest' in Adelina's win. And you can note that I joined this forum over a year ago (read it much longer)

capcomeback

On the Ice
You are right about that. While parody and social commentary exists in a lot of countries, the concept differs, humour and sarcasm are cultural features. In Korea they have no problem with being disrepectful to others. It actually explains the behavior of some Yuna fans in cyber space. Korean TV shows are often full of nationalism. Japan traditionally get the most hate because of history. Now Adelina, Russia..

Does everybody know what TV shows we are talking about? Does anybody need the links?

First , I apologize because my remark came off somewhat snarky and sarcastic. I thought you might have meant the Korean version of Saturday Night Live sequence that is on Youtube. It lampoons Adelina and Tarasova. Is that the one?