South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 60 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Ophelia

Record Breaker
What are you talking about? I was saying that there isn't anything wrong with Cinquatta sitting with the president of the Olympics host nation.

Ven

Match Penalty
What are you talking about? I was saying that there isn't anything wrong with Cinquatta to be sitting with the president of the Olympics host nation.

You also took shots at another poster because, apparently, they are too much of a fan for your liking.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
1) What does "taking shots at another poster" have to do with you quoting me and then posting about disenchanted fans leaving the sport?

2) I don't care who is a fan of whom, or how much of a fan he/she is. But ignorant, unreasonable, autocratic statements from a fan of any skater don't reflect well on that skater, ESP. when it comes to Yuna Kim where many people already dislike her bc of the behavior of her more zealous fans. Chalk5 has done this frequently, and at this point she's doing Yuna's cause more harm than good.

CarneAsada

Medalist
What's even more common is you posting this over and over. Do you have this saved to a clipboard or something?
Well if we are to believe the posts on this board, Ven is a self-proclaimed artiste, an aspiring writer. It's important to refine one's own work, write out many drafts. He/she might be practicing the art as we speak.

Ven

Match Penalty
It's not my fault figure skating has all but ceased to be relevant. It's happened because the sport is so corrupt that nobody believes the competitions are legitimate.

Until the ISU is eliminated and replaced by a capable sanctioning body, and corrupt persons in the sport are held accountable and given lifetime bans, the sport will just continue to go bankrupt and die. Don't shoot the messenger.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well if we are to believe the posts on this board, Ven is a self-proclaimed artiste, an aspiring writer. It's important to refine one's own work, write out many drafts. He/she might be practicing the art as we speak.
He is practicing the same quote again, right after your post. :popcorn::popcorn:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um....
"It's one of the crown jewels of the Winter Olympic sports. It's great for NBC, NBCSN, and it's weather proof," said NBC Olympics Executive Producer Jim Bell.

"Figure skating is the most popular of all the sports in the Games," said Kevin Collins, a senior vice president with U.S. media agency Initiative.

And....

From the Washington Post:

Figure skating glides to Olympic gold in U.S. popularity, with downhill skiing slaloming into silver and ice hockey cross-checking its way to the bronze.

chalk5

Match Penalty
Guys. No time to worry about the spilled milk. Being the greater champion, there is going to be haters as well. To be honest I think it's great than Yuna fans are mannered and rather keeps things to themselves. That's how life goes. People are going to be just frustrated with that their favorite skater don't get to be a star and comes on Goldenskate to complain about it by attacking someone else. Remember we are not in middle school so think before you talk please. But, to get back into the topic, I thought wasn't sure what I am supposed to get out of this article....
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ans-propose-end-to-anonymous-judging/8566193/
I mean the situation is just out of hands, and I think Russia sees who is the real winner. But, are we supposed to say yes and let it go? It doesn't even talk about their winner Adelina. Perhaps they are worried for 2018 Pyenchang?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Guys. No time to worry about the spilled milk. Being the greater champion, there is going to be haters as well. To be honest I think it's great than Yuna fans are mannered and rather keeps things to themselves. That's how life goes. People are going to be just frustrated with that their favorite skater don't get to be a star and comes on Goldenskate to complain about it by attacking someone else. Remember we are not in middle school so think before you talk please. But, to get back into the topic, I thought wasn't sure what I am supposed to get out of this article....
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ans-propose-end-to-anonymous-judging/8566193/
I mean the situation is just out of hands, and I think Russia sees who is the real winner. But, are we supposed to say yes and let it go? It doesn't even talk about their winner Adelina. Perhaps they are worried for 2018 Pyenchang?
Oh, are you sure you are not talking to yourself? :think: Because the last time I check... :popcorn: okay, just forget it! :rolleye:

If you are talking about the "getting rid of anonymous judging" then the proposal has been talked here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...icial-reacts-to-Cinquanta%92s-%93proposals%94

Patricia St. Peter also noted that U.S. Figure Skating, along with Russia and Greece, submitted proposals for ISU Congress to eliminate the anonymity of the judges’ scores at ISU Championship events and the Olympic Winter Games.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To be honest I think it's great than Yuna fans are mannered and rather keeps things to themselves.

Are you kidding? How do you justify the abuse hurled at Adelina? The constant streams of expletives and abuses posted on a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD'S instagram? By none other than your precious Yunafans?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Meioma according to you IP address location, you are from Japan.
You can ask the mod to know where my IP is from, certainly not Japan. Some Yuna's fans are crazy enough to think that everyone who are not their idols' fans must be Japanese. :laugh:

I am not ashamed of not being a Japanese, and not a Yuna-Mao fan either. :popcorn:

Funny note, I've always wished I had enough money to quit my job and travel to Japan for a year. :rolleye:

Jewels

On the Ice
Are you kidding? How do you justify the abuse hurled at Adelina? The constant streams of expletives and abuses posted on a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD'S instagram? By none other than your precious Yunafans?

I say they are not Yuna fans, they are some over nationalistic fools who waste their lifetime on the internet, and call themselves so called Yuna fans. IMO, there aren't many 'real' Yuna fans who have watched her throughout her career, you'll be surprised to know that Yuna's articles were once coated with ugly comments just about two years ago, and I mean Korean articles on Korean websites. I bet they are the same people who write ugly and abusive comments about Adelina, they are just 'haters' who find someone to hate everyday on the internet. The 'real' Yuna fans are actually very calm, and they do not care about medals. Or maybe I should say, over half of them don't care about fs anymore.

Russians want to get rid of anonymous judging.

Is this a joke…?

Actually, yes, it does seem to be a joke. According to the article:

Among the hundreds of proposals up for consideration at next month's International Skating Union Congress is one from Russian skating officials to do away with anonymous judging. U.S. Figure Skating is pushing for the same thing, though its proposal goes a step further and inserts language requiring the marks of each judge to be identified.

If the Russian proposal does not require the marks of each judge to be identified, how exactly is it a proposal to eliminate anonymous judging?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I mean the situation is just out of hands, and I think Russia sees who is the real winner.

I am part of Russia and I see who the real winner is. Definetely not Yuna - she is silver. As for the anonymous vs. open vote, Soviet Union had great champions under open - Russia under closed vote. So what? Baiul had 5.4 from a Czech judge for the tech after her wonderful SP in Lilehammer. Everybody else gave her much higher. Was he penalized? I doubt.

A new funny twist after the previous wonderful theory how Putin himself bought the judges is the one about the Russian federation being scared about Korea's (whoever is the big boss there) buying the judges in 2018. There was a famous FS blogger Poroshin. And he wrote a very anti Plush and Sotnikova post after which he received in comments a much funnier parody about Korea 2018. Alas, it is only in Russian as far as I know.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, yes, it does seem to be a joke. According to the article:

If the Russian proposal does not require the marks of each judge to be identified, how exactly is it a proposal to eliminate anonymous judging?

Maybe USFSA has been reading my posts:laugh: I've been saying I want to know which bullets are used to award any GOE greater or worse than + or - 1. I also asked for a small notes section on protocols where judges are required to explain high or low GOE marks. Could this be the type of identification of marks they mean? I'm doubtful because it would require the judges to spend many more hours after releasing the protocols justifying the marks. Even if for the top 10 alone it would be time consuming.

sk8in

Match Penalty
It's common. Just look at the last few Olympics.

Ubers like you and your fanatically impassioned and ignorant statements are what makes people turned off of Yuna Kim.
I bring it up because I can't recall an American President ever sitting in at a figure skating competition, and we've had several winter Olympics here.