South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 63 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

sk8in

Match Penalty
It is impossible to say how much if any significance there is to Putin (or any world leader of a hosting country) sitting next to Ottavio, however in this context, it looks bad. Again, it isn't just a matter of team vs individual---there a culmative factors that make it look rediculously thoughtless. And dismissing it as something that 'happens in every sport' like as though figure skating is the same thing as the NFL or something, is just as bad as the most outlandish conspiracy theory.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It is impossible to say how much if any significance there is to Putin (or any world leader of a hosting country) sitting next to Ottavio.

No significance at all. Cinquenta, an Italian, also had a "horse in the game" who skated well enough that, had she won gold, only Yuna fans would have been in an uproar. If he were in a powerful enough position to promote anyone it would be Caro. One is a world leader and the other is the head of a sports federation; I'm sure they sat together because they are fascinating people with a lot to talk about.

Anna K.

Final Flight
Country
Latvia
Hey, we even have the official site for this ;)

Not like Yuna herself, fans will never let it go :cool:

http://www.sochiscandal.com/

Not like figure skating officials, fans find this scandal too good to waste :laugh:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this right. The question is because it's Putin or any official sitting next to the Head of state?

:confused:
Don't see any or/or here since Putin is also a Head of State.

Ven

Match Penalty
For you figure skating historians out there ....

Sonja Henie was a personal favorite of Hitler's, they socialized off the ice together when she was in Germany, she greeted him with the Nazi salute, and he almost certainly helped her win her 3rd and final OGM in 1936 when the Olympics were held in Nazi Germany. During the War, Germany invaded and occupied Norway, and while most if not nearly all wealthy Norwegian estates were looted by the soldiers, none of Sonja Henie's properties were touched, on personal orders of Hitler and the SS.

So, it's not completely out of bounds to talk about some of the things posters have mentioned here.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Thanks for that interesting info!
For you figure skating historians out there ....

Sonja Henie was a personal favorite of Hitler's, they socialized off the ice together when she was in Germany, she greeted him with the Nazi salute, and he almost certainly helped her win her 3rd and final OGM in 1936 when the Olympics were held in Nazi Germany. During the War, Germany invaded and occupied Norway, and while most if not nearly all wealthy Norwegian estates were looted by the soldiers, none of Sonja Henie's properties were touched, on personal orders of Hitler and the SS.

So, it's not completely out of bounds to talk about some of the things posters have mentioned here.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Korean fans set up screen door advertising at public places like subway station. They are going to promote their official website.

www.sochiscandal.com/

Before this, they had already done many projects to forced Korea official. If not because of their endless effort, Korea union never dare to do anything for Yuna's sake.

The top banner says: "Even on this day, February 21st, 2014, the Sochi Olympics aren't over yet."

http://i.imgur.com/21mELro.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k50RvC8.jpg

nguyenghita

On the Ice
good luck!
I think we don't need the luck :laugh: The purpose of these things isn't to get the gold back or anything close to that right now. Frankly it's too late. Just make the public and general fans know and remember this scandal as long as we can, the more competition lost its credit from public, the medal got less meaning ;)

Imagine

Medalist
That's so tacky, but typical tbh...I wonder if they are even supposed to use her image so freely like that without her explicit consent. :think:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
That's so tacky, but typical tbh...I wonder if they are even supposed to use her image so freely like that without her explicit consent. :think:
Well, they use media photos for a fan project so totally fine. Fans always use her images for their public projects to show their love and support.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Korean fans set up screen door advertising at public places like subway station. They are going to promote their official website.

www.sochiscandal.com/

Before this, they had already done many projects to forced Korea official. If not because of their endless effort, Korea union never dare to do anything for Yuna's sake.

The top banner says: "Even on this day, February 21st, 2014, the Sochi Olympics aren't over yet."

http://i.imgur.com/21mELro.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/k50RvC8.jpg

Seriously?

Get a life!

She LOST. That happens, you know, even to your precious Yuna. Adelina skated great. Yuna wasn't as good. Adelina has the gold for a reason - are you going to go up to her face and demand it back?

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Seriously?

Get a life!
You seem mad, lol

Do you think all kind of projects are free? Their (a lot of) money for god sake, so they totally have successful real-life of course. They use their money as well as talented to support their idol. So what's wrong? Any skater just dream of they had wonderful, loyal, dedicated fans like Yuna's.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Any skater just dream of they had wonderful, loyal, dedicated fans like Yuna's.

How about we substitute insane, stalkerish, obsessed, narrow-minded fans...? That sounds more about it.

It's over. Maybe if Yuna had put as much effort into upgrading her tech as her fans put into these crazy schemes there wouldn't BE a "scandal", because she's always been so overscored that she'd have won without question. But at the end of the day, she didn't put in the tech effort, her performances were lifeless, and she LOST to a girl who brought the tech AND the performance on the night.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
How about we substitute insane, stalkerish, obsessed, narrow-minded fans...? That sounds more about it.

It's over. Maybe if Yuna had put as much effort into upgrading her tech as her fans put into these crazy schemes there wouldn't BE a "scandal", because she's always been so overscored that she'd have won without question. But at the end of the day, she didn't put in the tech effort, her performances were lifeless, and she LOST to a girl who brought the tech AND the performance on the night.
Korean fans are really kind of obsessed, healthy-obsessed. It's a good thing for her superstar status.

"Scandal"? It's the scandal! You must live under rock for months to not see the scandal all over the place. If this is not the scandal, how the real scandal should look like? Whatever you said, there are millions people against the result, that's a very good number of people so anyway. Yuna lost? Well no, she won more than the gold medal in fact. I don't care that much about the result as you may thought I do. It's over for you as well as for me. I'm so excited to see more things our fandom could do for Yuna though. This is just a small thing in all. ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
super star obsessed or more like bots and machines ?

anyways this thread has turned into disgruntled rabid fans
Yuna lost, get over it, thanks goodness she retired so we won't hear this thing over and over again

cooper

Medalist
super star obsessed or more like bots and machines ?

anyways this thread has turned into disgruntled rabid fans
Yuna lost, get over it, thanks goodness she retired so we won't hear this thing over and over again

watch when she comes back.. just to haunt you.. especially south korea will host the next olympics.. :laugh:

I just wish all this energy could be turned to good. It seems like the goal is just to hold Sotnikova up to ridicule. Celebrating Yuna is better than tearing down someone else.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I just wish all this energy could be turned to good. It seems like the goal is just to hold Sotnikova up to ridicule. Celebrating Yuna is better than tearing down someone else.
I feel you. It may good in some ways, not-so-good in some other ways, but it definitely better than do nothing. And what they are doing is not anything as bad as the directly insulting Adelina before, they didn't even mention any skater's name.

Someone already let it go, but it's an Olympic after all, the event we usually talk about in decades, so that's totally fine if with many people, these things are just like yesterday.