South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 66 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow, didn't know that :eek: As a believer in destiny, I'd say she'll marry a Korean!
1st we say what an ironic situation it will be if Adelina wins second OMG at Korea. Now we say she will marry a Korean fellow? Are writing drama now? That would one of the most dramatic movie ever! :unsure:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Had Sotnikova put together those two Sochi skates (or even her Euros skates) on her GP assignments, she would have won both of them, without Russian inflation.

People seem to forget this.

Adelina has always had the goods to compete at the top; I've been saying it for years. When she skates well she gets high scores, regardless of what country she's in. Her inconsistency is what has hurt her for the longest. Both of the GPs she finished 2nd at this year were ones she could have won if she didn't make so many mistakes. Sochi was the first time she nailed two programs in years so the comparisons about how she never won anything don't hold much water b/c there's nothing to judge that against.

I don't think her scores deserved to be as crazy high as they were in Sochi. BUT skating at 95% the girl deserves 70+ and 135+ scores regardless of what country she is in.

Ven

Match Penalty
She had the best skates of her life and she still wasn't clean and she still wasn't better than Kim or Kostner.

Adelina versus Yuna was David and Goliath. Sometimes it goes one way, sometimes the other. ;)

This is extremely disingenuous and the emoticon makes it look like an attempted troll comment.

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
I get it. Thank you for your explanation.
Personally I think if Plushy competed, he would have gotten the gold. :rolleye: if you know what I mean. But considering the men event, I am sure no one would eve utter a complaint if Plushy were the gold medalist. Because Plushy would mostly stay on his feet.

If Plushy had skated cleanly, I'm sure that no one would have complained about him winning.

makaihime

Final Flight
She had the best skates of her life and she still wasn't clean and she still wasn't better than Kim or Kostner.

Yeah...shes 17, not 27 and Yuna had the skate of her life at 19. :rolleye: She's only been on the senior circuit for 2 or 3 seasons and FYI according to the judges, she was better than the others. :laugh:

YLFan

Match Penalty
Yuna should also feel lucky Mao and Yulia had such bad skates or the podium would have been different.

bara1968

On the Ice

This is extremely disingenuous and the emoticon makes it look like an attempted troll comment.

I thought Yuna was a David whilst harsh environment at Sochi within unprecedently super biased, corrupted judges as a whole played Goliyath, which makes far more sense.

bara1968

On the Ice
Yuna should also feel lucky Mao and Yulia had such bad skates or the podium would have been different.

What? Didn't you see the score differences between Yulia and top skaters in SP at last worlds? Yuna's status has nothing to do with whatever Yulia put on the ice that day.

If anything, Yuna should be super proud of herself for putting historic- second back to back clean performances at Olympics after Witt, and she should be super, super proud of herself for being on the podium for her entire career- which is truly remarkable and unique in the history of lady's FS.

Ven

Match Penalty
David vs. Goliath isn't apt at all ... anything that claims the competition was anything other than what it was -- a rigged, staged event -- detracts from the truth.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I can hardly wait till Russia sweeps the podium in 2018. That evil witch Brennan will finally have a complete breakdown.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What? Didn't you see the score differences between Yulia and top skaters in SP at last worlds? Yuna's status has nothing to do with whatever Yulia put on the ice that day.

If anything, Yuna should be super proud of herself for putting historic- second back to back clean performances at Olympics after Witt, and she should be super, super proud of herself for being on the podium for her entire career- which is truly remarkable and unique in the history of lady's FS.

74 is a pretty good SP score at worlds right. Flawless skate. I think both Yuna and Yulia have a lot to be proud of! The end of a great career and the beginning of another:clap:

cooper

Medalist

well.. technically mao had the best skate in the lp and yet she was behind by 7 points.. and yes yuna is indeed lucky that yulia bombed.. after all she was russia's number 1 skater.. she even beat clean kostner with her small jumps in the team event (sp)... so yeah the defending olympic and the 2 time world champion yuna kim is one lucky competitor.. :laugh:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I thought Yuna was a David whilst harsh environment at Sochi within unprecedently super biased, corrupted judges as a whole played Goliyath, which makes far more sense.

In a David/Goliath analogy, both camps will cast their skater as David. It just depends on whose side you're on.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

This is your opinion, one with which 6 or 7 judges on the panel disagreed with. All 9 thought Adelina was great and better than she had ever been by a wide margin, whether or not they preferred Yuna.

You really need to get over this. There has been no indication, none whatsoever, that any judge or federation was pressured to vote a certain way. Many commentators disagreed with the result, but many commentators agreed with the result that night (including Kwan, Lipinski, and Hamilton among others). Had any judge been pressured we would have heard about it by now, either from them or a leak to the media. There are always going to be decisions that people disagree with, but until there is some credible leak from the many people who would have to be involved to make this a cheating incident, the Yuna fans' whining just looks like you're being sore losers.

It's time that we all fully embracee Adelina as our sport's Olympic champion and the face of ladies skating for the next 4 years :agree::clap::party::points::biggrin:

Ven said:

Please. The story of David and Goliath is that of the plucky youth who dares to go up against the mighty champion. He wins through divine favor. (Not that I am comparing Putin to YHVH.)

;) (This emoticon means, don't take this post seriously.)

Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
This is your opinion, one with which 6 or 7 judges on the panel disagreed with. All 9 thought Adelina was great and better than she had ever been by a wide margin, whether or not they preferred Yuna.

You really need to get over this. There has been no indication, none whatsoever, that any judge or federation was pressured to vote a certain way. Many commentators disagreed with the result, but many commentators agreed with the result that night (including Kwan, Lipinski, and Hamilton among others). Had any judge been pressured we would have heard about it by now, either from them or a leak to the media. There are always going to be decisions that people disagree with, but until there is some credible leak from the many people who would have to be involved to make this a cheating incident, the Yuna fans' whining just looks like you're being sore losers.

It's time that we all fully embracee Adelina as our sport's Olympic champion and the face of ladies skating for the next 4 years.

Oh yes, because if the "authority figures" say so, then it's true. Never question authority! :rolleye: If there's no physical evidence or any "credible" leaks, then that must mean the situation has no warrant for an investigation, and everyone who disagrees and are suspicious are just bitter, sore losers who should be ignored. Great logic, as always (along with your previous flip-flopping on judging objectivity).

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Here, there's ALOT of smoke. It doesn't do the ISU/IOC any favors that they're choosing to pretend no controversy happened, and got caught red-handed attributing made-up statements to a certain skater. If there was really no rigged judging, then address it right away. It isn't in the sport's favor, nor is it in Sotnikova's favor, to have so many people raising stink about her win and discrediting the sport. PR fail.