South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 68 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

CarneAsada

Medalist
What about Yuna's 10/10/9.75/9.5/9.5 for PCS. How does that for into your scenario. Is that a fair score?
Silly Sam-Swantch. Didn't you know? Yuna isn't being scored highly enough until she has straight 11s for PCS!

Speaking seriously, though, Yuna's Sochi PCS was not even 0.5 above Adelina's. Still fits into the Russian overscored scenario quite well.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Silly Sam-Swantch. Didn't you know? Yuna isn't being scored highly enough until she has straight 11s for PCS!

Speaking seriously, though, Yuna's Sochi PCS was not even 0.5 above Adelina's. Still fits into the Russian overscored scenario quite well.

Yes overall. I agree but those PCS scores for both Adelina and Yuna were out there! I wish Mao had made the final group. She should have got the 149 and Yuna and Adelina should have been around 145 or lower...at least that's what me thinks.

sk8in

Match Penalty
No Asada would not have gotten that score in the final group because she's Japanese. She still would have been subject to the "completely fair and non-pro Russian" technical calls on her jumps and GOEs. Also it is pretty sad to validate your irrational disregard of sportsmanship by appealing to someone else's fandom.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Asada would not have gotten that score in the final group because she's Japanese. She still would have been subject to the "completely fair and non-pro Russian" technical calls on her jumps and GOEs. Also it is pretty sad to try to appeal to someone's fandom in an attempt to validate your own irrational devotion to an athlete.

I don't see the sport in terms of fandom or occupy my thoughts in that context. I'm a fan of all of the skaters especially Mao and Yuna. Yes I like Yulia the most but I'm not against any skater. I didnt just say that for the first time to pander to CarneAsada. It's how I feel and have posted so many times before.

sk8in

Match Penalty
If you were not operating from a place of fandom you would admit that a program with a fall does not deserve a higher TES than one that is completely clean.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If you were not operating from a place of fandom you would admit that a program with a fall does not deserve a higher TES than one that is completely clean.
I don't think so. For example, a 7-triple program with one fall and no downgrade definitely should have higher TES than a clean 5-triple program.

sk8in

Match Penalty
I don't think so. For example, a 7-triple program with one fall and no downgrade definitely should have higher TES than a clean 5-triple program.
We're talking about two short programs with essentially the same elements.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

We'll just have to disagree here. You obviously don't like what certain skaters bring to the table. Making fun of them and calling people disgusting seems to be the level of discussion you prefer.

sk8in

Match Penalty
No the entire point is that your taste in a certain skater has nothing to do with whether or not an element was completed properly. Julia FELL on her triple flop. Polina landed her's cleanly. There is no preference in this matter. There is only the fact that you like Julia so much you think she should be arbitrarily rewarded over other skaters.

whatif

Medalist
So totally off topic, BUT Olympics related, apparently nobody wants to host the next Winter Olympic Games in 2022. Just Alma-Ata and Beijing left?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No the entire point is that your taste in a certain skater has nothing to do with whether or not an element was completed properly. Julia FELL on her triple flop. Polina landed her's cleanly. There is no preference in this matter. There is only the fact that you like Julia so much you think she should be arbitrarily rewarded over other skaters.
Polina scored a 5.7 on her 3f
Yulia scored a 1.08 and earned a 1pt deduction applied afterward to her total.

:confused2:

That seems fair.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Polina scored a 5.7 on her 3f
Yulia scored a 1.08 and earned a 1pt deduction applied afterward to her total.

:confused2:
Which is why Julia's GOE is clearly inflated. Despite losing all the value of a triple jump she scored one point higher than Edmunds on technical elements.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Which is why Julia's GOE is clearly inflated. Despite losing all the value of a triple jump she scored one point higher than Edmunds on technical elements.

But I already pointed out that Yulia scored ~14 on spins to Polina's ~11. Do you really think Yulia's spins aren't worthy of 2's and 3's. she has been getting those her whole life in every competition. Her last two score more than Mao's 3a. We already covered this. Why are we back here.

This is going nowhere.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Edmonds hadn't recieved a a downgraded 3lz-3t then she would have made up nearly 3pts and I can see a case for Edmonds PCS to go up to a small degree. Maybe instead of just tearing down another's skate you could make a case for Polina to be scored higher. She's only 6pts higher than Mao who missed every jump pass.

Sochi is a terribly judged event IMO. It has little to do with anything any skater did.

FTR: name calling directed at me. Liar and disgusting
Could you please stop.

sk8in

Match Penalty
It is a lie to look at the difference in their TES scores and then point to Julia's spins. We already went over this. Julia lost 5 points for falling on her 3F. You can not receive +5 on any element under the ISU system. The fact is she not only had to make up for that 0 point element, but then needed another point to actually TOP Edmunds score. Any normal, rational thinking person would consider this suspicious. Your interpretation of my criticism as tearing Julia down merely suggests that you're too much of a fan to be rational about this.

The pattern at hand suggests a pro-Russian bias specifically---not an anti-American one. Adelina topped the Polina by almost 15 points despite only having a 3T-3T, 3F layout. Adelina had empirically the weakest technical content of any skater in the top 5 that night, yet she placed ahead of the other skaters---not just by say 5 points, but by upwards of 10+ points. That is absolutely ludicrous and suggests something fundamentally poisoned in the judging and technical assessments.

YLFan

Match Penalty
Team event. no real complaints I am aware of.

Ice Dance. no real complaints I am aware of.

Pairs. no real complaints I am aware of.

Mens. no real complaints I am aware of.

Womens. manufactured outrage over a home country girl scoring well in the skate of her life.