South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 75 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't forget World Cup 2002 where Italia and Spain got cheated despite playing much better and they even scored and were denied, don't forget FIFA and their numerous dubious activities. And that event was watched by millions of football fans all over the world. The most viewed sport of all time. :slink:
If you don't admit World cup 2002 scandal is one of the biggest frauds, then you are certainly biased. I remember watching WC 2002 with much much larger outrage than you. :unsure:
I mean I am not on the judging side but compare to figure skating where judges can use the subjective card, I can hardly call Sochi the biggest fraud ever.

Oh, Italy can't talk. Australia still has not forgiven what happened in that round of sixteen match in 2006. That was our best, greatest, brightest Socceroos squad ever, and we were robbed, because we were a threat to the established soccer order.

The scoring in the diving wasn't great in London either - Mitcham was definitely underscored, probably because he was a pretty massive threat to the hometown boy.

But the biggest disgrace of London will always be that Vinikourov was the OGM in the road race, not very long after serving a ban for doping.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh, Italy can't talk. Australia still has not forgiven what happened in that round of sixteen match in 2006. That was our best, greatest, brightest Socceroos squad ever, and we were robbed, because we were a threat to the established soccer order.
The scoring in the diving wasn't great in London either - Mitcham was definitely underscored, probably because he was a pretty massive threat to the hometown boy.
But the biggest disgrace of London will always be that Vinikourov was the OGM in the road race, not very long after serving a ban for doping.
At least Australia was not one of those teams got robbed of their chances in the scandal in 2002. Bad judging has happened, and will, it's hard to avoid but to such level of atrocity in 2002? Never. All four teams became the victim of consecutive frauds, in favor of the host nation only.

The showcase of bad judging and fraud, and the opposite definition of fairplay. Do you know South Korea fans even brought Germans' team leader photos to the stadium and made them look like "dead people photos". Germans gained my respect when they pulled through all of that crap.

Out of these 4, I felt sorry for Spain the most. They could have become the world champion that year with that line up.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Interesting, isn't it, how the South Koreans are screaming blue bloody murder because Yuna simply didn't fight hard enough in Sochi, but they had no problems with the 2002 World Cup...

YLFan

Match Penalty
Or the stuff they did in the Seoul games.

On some level they are probably panicking bc they only had 8 medals this Olympics and won't have Yunas in 2018.

Alba

Record Breaker

There are many teams, almost all the top teams in fact who "can't talk" when it comes to football.
Italy is not talking anyway, and just so you know the fans were more angry with their players and coach than they were with FIFA or the ref.
You make it sound like Australia was winning or something when in fact the result was nill, and the game was going to extra time or PK.
Anyway, if you still want to whine about it, at least tell the whole story. Australia had only 1 (one) occassion in the first half and we had 4. In the second half we were left in 10 because the ref. did send Materazzi out with a red card for a supposed faul on Bresciano, which was ridiculous since Materazzi did not touch him at all but he touched Zambrotta instead, his own teammate.

That team might've been your best football (please) team, but a "threat to the established soccer order"?! :laugh:
I've seen far more worse in football than that penalty, and by the way you better start blaming your player first since he was that stupid to intervene like that in a PK area.
Anyway, take it as a Karma for Hiddink. ;) I suppose he was talking a lot after that. :sarcasm:

Interesting, isn't it, how the South Koreans are screaming blue bloody murder because Yuna simply didn't fight hard enough in Sochi, but they had no problems with the 2002 World Cup...

Because they're not strong in football so they don't care about it.
People are naive, at best, if they think that all this is because they just want fairness and justice to triumph in FS.

Ven

Match Penalty
People are naive, at best, if they think that all this is because they just want fairness and justice to triumph in FS.

As an American who doesn't watch soccer, I can verify that my posts have nothing to do with Korean nationalism or soccer matches that happened many years ago.

Alba

Record Breaker
As an American who doesn't watch soccer, I can verify that my posts have nothing to do with Korean nationalism or soccer matches that happened many years ago.

I was referring to the SK fans, or the majority of them. You might be a FS fan, but I'm sorry it's hard for me to see the South korean fans as figure skating fans rather Yuna fans, which is a bit different.

cooper

Medalist
dirtiest?? eh.. every country has one in every sporting event.. i remember the 1972 olympic games when the US was beaten by the USSR in the basketball game... that was in your face bloody cheating.. :p everyone knows in the basketball community how bad the officiating was in that game and even the aftermath..

Meoima

Match Penalty
dirtiest?? eh.. every country has one in every sporting event.. i remember the 1972 olympic games when the US was beaten by the USSR in the basketball game... that was in your face bloody cheating.. :p everyone knows in the basketball community how bad the officiating was in that game and even the aftermath..
3 consecutive dirty wins over 3 teams that played and scored fairly but got cheated thanked to the atrocious refereeing. All in one event. If not the dirtiest, then what is? Not to mention it happened to the most popular sport in the world, and the most popular event, nevertheless.

Fortunately the 4th happened to be Germans, who have always been famous for their mentality against all odds.

You don't know how much all the fans of Portugal, Italy and Spain suddenly turned to root for Germans, their famous rival in that decisive match. Well, practically all the football fans in the worlds that time except South Korea.

Dirty scandals have always happened, but to such level? Never!

Anyways, and the after match:
Shortly afterward, both referees were forced to retire due to match-fixing (Moreno) and allegations of receiving a new car for helping South Korea to advance (Ghandour).
But what's done is done.

cooper

Medalist
3 consecutive dirty wins over 3 teams that played and scored fairly but got cheated thanked to the atrocious refereeing. All in one event. If not the dirtiest, then what is? Not to mention it happened to the most popular sport in the world, and the most popular event, nevertheless.

Fortunately the 4th happened to be Germans, who have always been famous for their mentality against all odds, the referees were against them as what they did to Portugal, Italy and Spain.

You don't know how much all the fans of Portugal, Italy and Spain suddenly turned to root for Germans, their famous rival in that decisive match. Well, practically all the football fans in the worlds that time except South Korea.

Dirty scandals have always happened, but to such level? Never!

Anyways, and the after match:

But what's done is done.

the boxer who beat jones in that olympic gold medal match was never the same.. he was interviewed after that infamous win.. and admitted he should't have won and was embarrassed by it.. unlike Team USSR who beat the US in that fixed game.. they never admitted that there was cheating.. you could see the difference..

Meoima

Match Penalty
the boxer who beat jones in that olympic gold medal match was never the same.. he was interviewed after that infamous win.. and admitted he should't have won and was embarrassed by it.. unlike Team USSR who beat the US in that fixed game.. they never admitted that there was cheating.. you could see the difference..
Did the South Korea team admit they didn't deserve the wins over Italia and Spain thanked to the overpaid referees? No. And their fans keep bashing people disagree with the fixed matches. How lame. If you are talking about football fans, then we never forget. Especially the level of dirty tricks these teams were forced to bear.

Ven

Match Penalty
Well Meoima, there you have it. The referees were caught cheating and banned for match fixing. That's what figure skating is missing, as the judges and callers and ISU / Federation officials responsible for fixing the Sochi results need to be outed and banned.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well Meoima, there you have it. The referees were caught cheating and banned for match fixing. That's what figure skating is missing, as the judges and callers and ISU / Federation officials responsible for fixing the Sochi results need to be outed and banned.
Actually I think the fraud were bigger than that and FIFA had a hand in all those dirty frauds. But they avoided it so well.

If you talk about figure skating then I have stated my opinion many times: I have always been against anonymous judging.

cooper

Medalist
Did the South Korea team admit they didn't deserve the wins over Italia and Spain thanked to the overpaid referees? No. And their fans keep bashing people disagree with the fixed matches. How lame. If you are talking about football fans, then we never forget. Especially the level of dirty tricks these teams were forced to bear.

no.. but at least one time in the sport a south korean admitted that the result was wrong but the russians NEVER admitted anything in their life that they also cheated.. that's the difference.. they have this aura that they won fair and square..

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
no.. but at least one time in the sport a south korean admitted that the result was wrong but the russians NEVER admitted anything in their life that they also cheated.. that's the difference.. they have this aura that they won fair and square..
I'm not Russian but I'm suffering from second hand offense. Way OTT!!

I may just be grouchy because my neighbor is playing Cindy Lauper really loud:slink: