South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 82 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

hurrah

Medalist
Why is questioning one's marks considered poor sportsmanship?

Well, you don't see Mao or the Japanese Federation raising a fuss about the score she got for her FP at Olympics? I mean, Mao should have broken the world record that night with that performance...

cooper

Medalist
Well, you don't see Mao or the Japanese Federation raising a fuss about the score she got for her FP at Olympics? I mean, Mao should have broken the world record that night with that performance...

but mao was not even a contender after her SP.. heck.. if she was in that position like for an example her score in the SP was virtually tied w/ adelina and then still losing to her by 7 points in the lp even though she had the most difficult program.. i doubt you will be quiet and not reacted the same way as yuna supporters and to certain extent carolina's supporters.. it was easy for you not to react.. but if "you're in that moment" you will be pissed too..

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Because for most people, the difference between gold and silver is worth fighting for, while protesting the difference between sixth place and fifth (or fourth) is simply a waste of energy and resources.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Personally I think the problem is the content of KSU's complaint was not spot-on. I mean it's not the judge hugging Adelina the problem, it's the anonymous judging and we still couldn't know who gave which score.
Is there anyway to ask for the identity of the judges and their relative scores?

cooper

Medalist
Personally I think the problem is the content of KSU's complaint was not spot-on. I mean it's not the judge hugging Adelina the problem, it's the anonymous judging and we still couldn't know who gave which score.
Is there anyway to ask for the identity of the judges and their relative scores?

that's not really surprising.. ksu is just incompetent.. and in fact they were reluctant to file a complaint in the first place..

MiRé

Match Penalty
No surprise here. The lawyer who was hired for KSU works for IB Sports. Can't believe IB is still chasing Yuna.

Tompson

Rinkside
Not surprised at dismissal, but the contents of complaints are little hilarious. Probably they were forced to complain but have no real interest.. Anyway, just done. 1OGM and 1OSM look good enough to me.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

1) what would she be trying to get? 4th place?

2) your statement has no logic. Just bc another skater doesn't raise objections doesn't make the act of raising an objection to be poor sportsmanship. The act itself doesn't indicate good or bad sportsmanship at all. That's like saying if two people received the same score, person x is a poor sportsman bc he appealed whilst person y didn't. In this case they didn't even receive the same score.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Yuna clearly didn't care whether she won or not, so why doesn't she tell her federation to back off, accept the result, and move on? It's getting ridiculous now. Yuna's not going to get a joint gold medal - it's not like one judge in particular cheated and swapped votes to get Adelina the gold. What's done is done. Accept it and move on.

Tompson

Rinkside

Cuz WR is not a important thing

cooper

Medalist
Yuna clearly didn't care whether she won or not, so why doesn't she tell her federation to back off, accept the result, and move on? It's getting ridiculous now. Yuna's not going to get a joint gold medal - it's not like one judge in particular cheated and swapped votes to get Adelina the gold. What's done is done. Accept it and move on.

she already did.. but the public pressure was strong that's why they went ahead w/ the complaint..

Meoima

Match Penalty
1) what would she be trying to get? 4th place?
2) your statement has no logic. Just bc another skater doesn't raise objections doesn't make the act of raising an objection to be poor sportsmanship. The act itself doesn't indicate good or bad sportsmanship at all. That's like saying if two people received the same score, person x is a poor sportsman bc he appealed whilst person y didn't. In this case they didn't even receive the same score.
Well, actually in this case, IF both Japan Fed and Italia Fed filed complaints about Mao and Caro's placements, along with KSU (with more spot-on complaint), it would make some difference, I think.

begin

Medalist
:scowl: @ the people who equate being docile to good sportsmanship.

I don't think the Korean "public" cares much anymore. The articles out now are just baiting Yuna's pre-teen ubers.

Ven

Match Penalty
If a complaint gets filed with Court for Arbitration of Sport, I hope it looks into the composition of the technical panel, which clearly made many incorrect decisions in favor of Sotnikova.

There were three callers on the tech panel. Two of them were Russian. Alexander Lakernik is Russian and lives in Russia, and Olga Baranova was born in Moscow and lived in Russia before moving to Finland. It takes two technical members to downgrade jumps and levels, so Lakernik and Baranova, the two Russians, could have colluded to rig the results beyond the control of the other caller, Vanessa Gusmeroli (France).

mich2

Match Penalty
If a complaint gets filed with Court for Arbitration of Sport, I hope it looks into the composition of the technical panel, which clearly made many incorrect decisions in favor of Sotnikova.

There were three callers on the tech panel. Two of them were Russian. Alexander Lakernik is Russian and lives in Russia, and Olga Baranova was born in Moscow and lived in Russia before moving to Finland. It takes two technical members to downgrade jumps and levels, so Lakernik and Baranova, the two Russians, could have colluded to rig the results beyond the control of the other caller, Vanessa Gusmeroli (France).
When a Korean official was on pannel in Vancouver, you did not bring his nationality ad some isssue. Very poor argument.

Ven

Match Penalty
When a Korean official was on pannel in Vancouver, you did not bring his nationality ad some isssue. Very poor argument.

If you can show me any senior ISU event with two Koreans on the tech panel, I'll give you a million dollars.

But thanks for proving my point for me. Kim and Arakawa recieved their technical marks with three different callers from three different backgrounds. Sotnikova only received her fraudulent and incorrect marks by having two of three Russian callers who could overrule anything they wanted to.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Yuna clearly didn't care whether she won or not, so why doesn't she tell her federation to back off, accept the result, and move on? What's done is done. Accept it and move on.
Not her business anyway. Yuna did move on since Feb 21st but the rest of Koreans defenitely not, they are the ones who pressured KSU to stand up, that's why. And they are a public in general , not just one or even few people, so it's not like they will listen to you when you sit in front of your desktop then typed "accept it and move on" :rolleye:

mich2

Match Penalty
If you can show me any senior ISU event with two Koreans on the tech panel, I'll give you a million dollars.

But thanks for proving my point for me. Kim and Arakawa recieved their technical marks with three different callers from three different backgrounds. Sotnikova only received her fraudulent and incorrect marks by having two of three Russian callers who could overrule anything they wanted to.
You do not know how a French caller voted. Maybe she was in agreement and there was no need to overrule anything. Your argument is based on nationality. It is wild. I can see very well why ISU dismissed it.