Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

Custom Title

Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

Worlds is almost here!

There will be something new to talk about that is not:

*Adelina
    *YuNa
    *Olympic judging
    *Johnny's divorce.

Custom Title
    I think one day we'll all look back on this scoring "controversy" and laugh. But it will be exciting to talk about new "controversies" after worlds.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I'm pumped. I made sure I got Thursday off of work so I can stay up all night watching...hopefully not on an iPhone again.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Thanks for the thread!! I'm very excited to see what all the skaters will bring to worlds. Should be fun to watch :D

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    Worlds is almost here!

There will be something new to talk about that is not:

*Adelina
    *YuNa
    *Olympic judging
    *Johnny's divorce.

The last one, though. I am so excited for worlds!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The last one, though. I am so excited for worlds!
    I'm sure that we'll still be treated to "Gracie is the most beautiful person on planet earth!!!!!!" throughout Worlds.

Unfortunately, I will be here hoping that all the good GS internet sleuths find youtube videos for those of us without Universal or $ to pay for Ice Network.

I'm sure that we'll still be treated to "Gracie is the most beautiful person on planet earth!!!!!!" throughout Worlds.
    At least this will mean going back to the "routine"

Custom Title
    I still think, in the blonde white girl field, looking purely superficially through white guys' eyes, Kiira is prettier... so while I think Gracie is pretty, we have yet to find a successor of Kiira.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    I still think, in the blonde white girl field, looking purely superficially through white guys' eyes, Kiira is prettier... so while I think Gracie is pretty, we have yet to find a successor of Kiira.
    I hope that you did not mean any harm, but am I the only one who finds this post quite offensive? "Blonde white girl field ... through white guys' eyes"??? Yikes.

Wrong on multiple levels, IMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I hope that you did not mean any harm, but am I the only one who finds this post quite offensive? "Blonde white girl field ... through white guys' eyes"??? Yikes.

Sorry if it did. I did want to deflect the matter from Gracie's looks, as it seemed to go that way. I guess it didn't work :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

Totally offensive. Yuck!

Unless of course Johnny makes a controversial comment as a commentator at Worlds and the judging once again is like 2013 Men's Event...

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bebevia View Post
    Sorry if it did. I did want to deflect the matter from Gracie's looks, as it seemed to go that way. I guess it didn't work :(
    Apology accepted.

And I share your distaste for sky_fly's incessant hyping of Gold's looks -- which is demeaning both to her and to other young ladies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think one day we'll all look back on this scoring "controversy" and laugh.
    Wishful thinking on your part. What I am more sure about though is 20 years from now you will still be on a random internet forum somewhere trying desperately to convince everyone around Adelina deserved to win her Olympic Gold even in a thread about a pre novice event somewhere which nobody is discussing her on, lol!

Banned
    I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast