Let's all take a moment to be thankful that... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

brownian

Match Penalty
And if the Russian skater skates better than the others?

Oh wait, I forgot. No Russian skater can possibly skate better than The Precious Ones.

Anyway, ~I~ am thankful that we get Dani and Greg and Brooklee in one last outing this season, and thankful that Brendan is taking the time he needs to see a sports psychiatrist, get his head together and recover from his crazy long season.

Well, if all the top skaters skate their best, Yulia definitely shouldn't win. She may have one more triple in her program, but her PCS are clearly not up to par with the best ladies in the world.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.

I don't think Julia will win. But I think she will be on the podium if she skates well. If not, I think Gracie will take her place. I think (hope?) Mao and Carolina will go 1-2, in either order.

ETA: As to what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful that the Olympics aren't going to be in Russia again--ever, I hope!

brownian

Match Penalty
I don't think Julia will win. But I think she will be on the podium if she skates well. If not, I think Gracie will take her place. I think (hope?) Mao and Carolina will go 1-2, in either order.

ETA: As to what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful that the Olympics aren't going to be in Russia again--ever, I hope!

Preach!!!!

bramweld

Record Breaker
The season is almost over, :party2::yay: We get to finally see a really competitive ice dance competition without D/W and V/M, finally! A new world champion will be crowned. Ditto for almost every other field, but this rivalry was starting to bore me to tears.

Krislite

Medalist
You're kidding, right? Just like people are still guffawing over SLC--another laff riot, huh. Scoring controversies are just comedy central. :sarcasm: Yup, judging controversies...The Three Stooges....judging controversies...The Three Stooges...Same difference!

No one will be laughing for a while. Next winter Olympics are in Korea. The subject will be brought up and will be discussed extensively during the next Olympic games.

vinganca

Rinkside

ikr?!

as a P/B uberfan, i felt absolutely crushed for them when the corrupt judges cheated them out of the bronze in sochi. hoping they'll get even higher than bronze at worlds! :)

moviechick

On the Ice
Well, if all the top skaters skate their best, Yulia definitely shouldn't win. She may have one more triple in her program, but her PCS are clearly not up to par with the best ladies in the world.

Mao and Carolina skating their best are not exactly good odds.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
No one will be laughing for a while. Next winter Olympics are in Korea. The subject will be brought up and will be discussed extensively during the next Olympic games.

Agreed. It's gonna be crazy :disapp:

volk

Final Flight
Worlds is almost here!

There will be something new to talk about that is not:

*Adelina
*YuNa
*Olympic judging
*Johnny's divorce.

:yay:

I'm sure Yuna controversy will continue till the end of the Olympic cycle. They are not letting this go.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Agreed. I am thankful that Max Aaron and Zhang/Bartholomay have the opportunity to compete at Worlds. :)

Yes for them! I do feel bad for Caydee's injury (and hope she & John come back healthy and strong for next season), but I am thrilled that Felicia & Nate will get a chance to compete there.

Rhodium

On the Ice

I don't thing so. The Crimea is an excellent place for the Olympics (summer, of course).

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.

Even if she deserves it ?. Why watch figure skating if you don't like Russians ?. I hope they all skate great, if Julia wins then good for her.
Why be so anti-Russian ?.
That's like saying "I hope W/P don't win the ice dance event as we have had nothing but North-American wins for five years".
Grow up.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will be thankful after the end of the season when Yuna officially is retires, because along with her retirement, her bots will be gone for good, hopefully at least most

Mafke

Medalist
I'm sure Yuna controversy will continue till the end of the Olympic cycle. They are not letting this go.

Nor should they. The judging was bad.

Even if you think Sotnikova deserved the gold (and I'm not saying she didnt) the actual scores were a farce. It's not just haters and Yuna fans that think so. The judges effectively gave her the title before the competition was over and that stinks.

noskates

Record Breaker
I'm just wondering what judging controversy GS will come up with after Worlds!!!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Nor should they. The judging was bad.

Even if you think Sotnikova deserved the gold (and I'm not saying she didnt) the actual scores were a farce. It's not just haters and Yuna fans that think so. The judges effectively gave her the title before the competition was over and that stinks.

Why waste your time with such negative poster? Just ignore her and your world would be much much lighter. :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Maybe we will have 4 events with poor judging and we can watch the forums explode!
Since when figure skating world lacks scandal? I hope they won't boost Japanese'PCS too much. I hope Hanyu finally deliver both of his progam clean because I am tired of his inconsistent 4S. And without lot of big names, I hope the scoring would be less controversial.