Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

Custom Title
    Let's try to be happy.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    Let's try to be happy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think one day we'll all look back on this scoring "controversy" and laugh. But it will be exciting to talk about new "controversies" after worlds.
    You're kidding, right? Just like people are still guffawing over SLC--another laff riot, huh. Scoring controversies are just comedy central. Yup, judging controversies...The Three Stooges....judging controversies...The Three Stooges...Same difference!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    Let's try to be happy.
    Agreed. I am thankful that Max Aaron and Zhang/Bartholomay have the opportunity to compete at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brownian View Post
    I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.
    And if the Russian skater skates better than the others?

Oh wait, I forgot. No Russian skater can possibly skate better than The Precious Ones.

Anyway, ~I~ am thankful that we get Dani and Greg and Brooklee in one last outing this season, and thankful that Brendan is taking the time he needs to see a sports psychiatrist, get his head together and recover from his crazy long season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    And if the Russian skater skates better than the others?

Oh wait, I forgot. No Russian skater can possibly skate better than The Precious Ones.

Anyway, ~I~ am thankful that we get Dani and Greg and Brooklee in one last outing this season, and thankful that Brendan is taking the time he needs to see a sports psychiatrist, get his head together and recover from his crazy long season.
    Well, if all the top skaters skate their best, Yulia definitely shouldn't win. She may have one more triple in her program, but her PCS are clearly not up to par with the best ladies in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Yup, judging controversies...The Three Stooges....judging controversies...The Three Stooges…
    With Speedy as Curly.

Custom Title
    I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.
    I don't think Julia will win. But I think she will be on the podium if she skates well. If not, I think Gracie will take her place. I think (hope?) Mao and Carolina will go 1-2, in either order.

ETA: As to what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful that the Olympics aren't going to be in Russia again--ever, I hope!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    I don't think Julia will win. But I think she will be on the podium if she skates well. If not, I think Gracie will take her place. I think (hope?) Mao and Carolina will go 1-2, in either order.

ETA: As to what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful that the Olympics aren't going to be in Russia again--ever, I hope!
    Preach!!!!

Custom Title
    The season is almost over, We get to finally see a really competitive ice dance competition without D/W and V/M, finally! A new world champion will be crowned. Ditto for almost every other field, but this rivalry was starting to bore me to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    You're kidding, right? Just like people are still guffawing over SLC--another laff riot, huh. Scoring controversies are just comedy central. Yup, judging controversies...The Three Stooges....judging controversies...The Three Stooges...Same difference!
    No one will be laughing for a while. Next winter Olympics are in Korea. The subject will be brought up and will be discussed extensively during the next Olympic games.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post

ikr?!

as a P/B uberfan, i felt absolutely crushed for them when the corrupt judges cheated them out of the bronze in sochi. hoping they'll get even higher than bronze at worlds!

Custom Title
    Well, if all the top skaters skate their best, Yulia definitely shouldn't win. She may have one more triple in her program, but her PCS are clearly not up to par with the best ladies in the world.
    Mao and Carolina skating their best are not exactly good odds.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    No one will be laughing for a while. Next winter Olympics are in Korea. The subject will be brought up and will be discussed extensively during the next Olympic games.
    Agreed. It's gonna be crazy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    Worlds is almost here!

There will be something new to talk about that is not:

*Adelina
    *YuNa
    *Olympic judging
    *Johnny's divorce.

I'm sure Yuna controversy will continue till the end of the Olympic cycle. They are not letting this go.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast