Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Agreed. I am thankful that Max Aaron and Zhang/Bartholomay have the opportunity to compete at Worlds.
    Yes for them! I do feel bad for Caydee's injury (and hope she & John come back healthy and strong for next season), but I am thrilled that Felicia & Nate will get a chance to compete there.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    ETA: As to what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful that the Olympics aren't going to be in Russia again--ever, I hope!
    I don't thing so. The Crimea is an excellent place for the Olympics (summer, of course).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brownian View Post
    I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.
    Even if she deserves it ?. Why watch figure skating if you don't like Russians ?. I hope they all skate great, if Julia wins then good for her.
    Why be so anti-Russian ?.
    That's like saying "I hope W/P don't win the ice dance event as we have had nothing but North-American wins for five years".
    Grow up.

Banned
    I will be thankful after the end of the season when Yuna officially is retires, because along with her retirement, her bots will be gone for good, hopefully at least most

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    I'm sure Yuna controversy will continue till the end of the Olympic cycle. They are not letting this go.
    Nor should they. The judging was bad.

Even if you think Sotnikova deserved the gold (and I'm not saying she didnt) the actual scores were a farce. It's not just haters and yunabots that think so. The judges effectively gave her the title before the competition was over and that stinks.

Custom Title
    I'm just wondering what judging controversy GS will come up with after Worlds!!!!

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post

Even if you think Sotnikova deserved the gold (and I'm not saying she didnt) the actual scores were a farce. It's not just haters and yunabots that think so. The judges effectively gave her the title before the competition was over and that stinks.
    Why waste your time with such negative poster? Just ignore her and your world would be much much lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I'm just wondering what judging controversy GS will come up with after Worlds!!!!
    Maybe they think it's enough at Sochi and go back to normal at worlds? I hope so.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Maybe they think it's enough at Sochi and go back to normal at worlds? I hope so.
    Maybe we will have 4 events with poor judging and we can watch the forums explode!

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Maybe we will have 4 events with poor judging and we can watch the forums explode!
    Since when figure skating world lacks scandal? I hope they won't boost Japanese'PCS too much. I hope Hanyu finally deliver both of his progam clean because I am tired of his inconsistent 4S. And without lot of big names, I hope the scoring would be less controversial.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSkater View Post
    Even if she deserves it ?. Why watch figure skating if you don't like Russians ?. I hope they all skate great, if Julia wins then good for her.
    Why be so anti-Russian ?.
    That's like saying "I hope W/P don't win the ice dance event as we have had nothing but North-American wins for five years".
    Grow up.
    people are saying 'ugh not again' to the idea of Julia winning because she doesn't 'deserve it'. technically her programs are nowhere near the top ladies even if she does skate clean. Also look at her scores pre-olympics ans compare them to her overly-inflated olympic scores. yes almost everyone gets a small boost at the olympics but not to that extent!

if the olympic judging had been anywhere near fair, no one would be saying 'ugh not another russian'. people are not anti-russian, they're anti-cheating, and losing patience with the corrupt judging which favored the russians and cheated others at sochi.

Custom Title
    Please take dead horses for flogging, broken records etc HERE. (There is nothing you can say about judging, scoring at the Olympics, etc etc that hasn't been said in there 100x already... but you are free to keep repeating them, to your heart's content, ad infinitum... in that thread).

Or if anyone wants to be constructive, and offer suggestions about improving judging etc, try HERE

No need to keep bringing that stuff into other threads...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brownian View Post
    I think we'll all be thankful if Mao or Carolina win a world title. If Julia wins, oh goodness...not another Russian skater. I think that would leave a sour taste in many mouths.
    If it were another Japanese/Canadian/American/European skater who won World's after her compatriot bagged the OGM, I doubt any of you would remark it would leave a sour taste in many mouths. This is getting ridiculous, as if a Russian winning anything is now automatically deemed a corrupt judgment! Every skater/skate should be judged on her/its own merit, regardless of nationality. Never before has a WHOLE nation been made into a pariah by another in figure skating. And don't say it's the fault of Adelina's OGM, it's the fault of those who tried to make a mountain of controversy where there's little, or at least not more than Tara vs Michelle, Plushenko vs Evan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post

It's funny cause Yuna was the one who was always blamed for getting inflated scores throughout her career. And now her fans are doing the same to another skater.

Custom Title

Never mind...it is never going to end. The Adelina/YuNa fight is going to surpass the classics like Michelle/Tara and Nancy/Oksana...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast