Let's all take a moment to be thankful that... | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Let's all take a moment to be thankful that...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm thankful that I requested work off to root on Yulia!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm thankful that making my fantasy skating picks is so easy:

Group A: Japanese skater, if no Japanese skater, who won a medal in Sochi?

Group B: Soft-spotted favourite time! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAX.

Group C: PICK ALL THE AUSTRALIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or random pick if no Australian.)

this is probably why I'm terrible at fantasy/tipping anything.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Seeing Mao, Caro and Akiko's fabulous programs one more time, and I will be very thankful
if this is the podium in any order.

bebevia

On the Ice
Sitting with the computer at work, in a lucky void of things to do, I thought again, like every time, "thank god I have a hobby that allows me something to watch... especially before Game of Thrones." Oh, wait; they are fighting for thrones too.

TMC

Record Breaker
Sitting with the computer at work, in a lucky void of things to do, I thought again, like every time, "thank god I have a hobby that allows me something to watch... especially before Game of Thrones." Oh, wait; they are fighting for thrones too.
:clap:

I'll be thankful if I receive some $$ from my clients today/tomorrow so that I can buy that Icenetwork pass and watch live. :popcorn:

Not holding my breath since my oldest invoice was in their system for 3,5 months before I realised and went all whattheheck on them :laugh:

ETA: Well it appears that nearly all events on Icenetwork are only available in the US so I'm screwed whatever :mad:

Last edited:

BusyMom

Medalist
:clap:

I'll be thankful if I receive some $$ from my clients today/tomorrow so that I can buy that Icenetwork pass and watch live. :popcorn:

Not holding my breath since my oldest invoice was in their system for 3,5 months before I realised and went all whattheheck on them :laugh:
:clap: Good for you. I know how you feel. Got a bad one that last two years, since it was a government jobs they couldn't care less what a burden we had. Send good luck your way. you finished your job now tell them to pay up.

For me, I'll be thankful to have a nice and quiet week to enjoy Worlds. After, next week I'll have my long await 2-weeks holidays.

TMC

Record Breaker
Thank you :)

This is a bit OT, but it would be interesting to learn what time differences people have? I'm 7 hours behind so getting up at 3 am to watch the pairs :eek:

Last edited:

Rhodium

On the Ice
And here's something to look forward to: it is unlikely, but still remains in the realm of possibility for the US to put two ladies on the podium here. :slink:

It is true, but I would rather bet on three Russian ladies on the podium at Worlds 2015. It is unlikely, but there is even a stronger probability of this outcome, IMO.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm thankful that I'll see Jeremy compete once more and that his last competition is in Japan, where he is very much appreciated. I rewatched his Exogenesis Sochi free skate right now. Love his musicality and athletic and beautiful moves on the ice. Congrats to the Saitama audience.

Nocturne

On the Ice

This is a bit OT, but it would be interesting to learn what time differences people have? I'm 7 hours behind so getting up at 3 am to watch the pairs :eek:

I'm 8 hours behind so I wont even go to sleep to watch it :D

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm thankful that my parents let me skip classes on Friday to watch men's FS :bow:

RABID

Final Flight
I am going to save my thanks for after Worlds. As of now however I am glad the drama that surrounds YuNa didn't let me down at the Olympics (she always makes me think I am watching a movie or reading a book about a fictional figure skater).
Here is a bit of irony however:
Before the Olympics even began I was preparing myself emotionally in my own bizarre way by envisioning different scenarios about the Ladies' event, and here is where the irony lays; In one scenario I envisioned YuNa being robbed by a Russian, the associated controversy and then how it ends up making YuNa even more of a legend and conversely leaving the gold medalist a tainted winner having to defend her win for years to come. True. All this. It astounds me how much of this actually has come to pass. (hopefully Adelina doesn't have too difficult a time in the near future:cool:; we shall see:cool:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Two hours ahead, which is simply beautiful as it means that I will be finished work for the day when the men's SP starts :)

(hopefully Adelina doesn't have too difficult a time in the near future:cool:; we shall see:cool:)

Maybe she would have an easier time if people like you stopped constantly calling it robbed and controversial and tainted to cover up the fact that Yuna simply wasn't good enough on the day!

(It might also be easier if people stopped hurling abuse and death threats at a 17 year old girl...)

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm looking forward to seeing the girl in the red dress one more time...

ILuvYuna

On the Ice
Maybe she would have an easier time if people like you stopped constantly calling it robbed and controversial and tainted to cover up the fact that Yuna simply wasn't good enough on the day!

I think both sides need to let it go.

Adelina fans can be proud of her - she skated her very best in front of the homecrowd, and she is the OFFICIAL OGM of the Sochi games :) She got a brand new car from the president, money to help her sister and family, and I'm sure endorsements as well. She has many years of skating ahead, and a lot more gold in her future. Yuna fans need only see how happy Yuna is in order to move on themselves. She is an OGM :)party2:), has never finished off the podium in her career :)bow:), has lots of lucrative endorsements, does a lot of good in the world with her money, has a cute boyfriend :)agree:), and the best of life is all ahead of her.

Let the good times roll, people :rock:

gmyers

Record Breaker
The whole South Korean federation along with allies is trying to destroy sotnikova and take her gold away and have Yuna be two time Olympic champion. Who knows what happens if isu thing fails? CAS? Civil lawsuits?