Men's Podium Sweep for Japan? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Podium Sweep for Japan?

Alba

Record Breaker
But isn't that what people said for Carolina Kostner and even Adelina? And look, they delivered at the Olympics. Never say never ;) Although I hope Hanyu delivers TWO clean programs and win by a large margin (like he should).

Carolina is not Hanuyu, with a big strong Fed behind his back and the competition in his own country. Besides, I think the judges likes him a lot, so if he can skate well he will win.

However, I don't think it will be a Sweep for Japan. I don't know but I have a feeling for the USA on the podium.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The only one who is even close to Hanyu in overall ability now is Chan, who is not even here. Hanyu could fall atleast twice and still deserve to win in this field. His technical and even presentation abilities are far beyond anyone else here to begin with, especialy technical. Well if Fernandez were clean you could argue that being cut, but Fernandez has never done 2 clean programs ever, so that wont happen.

I love how when Hanyu could fall at least twice he could still deserve the win, but Chan falling at least twice is the scandal of scandals, especially with Chan undoubtedly being a better overall skater than Hanyu to begin with. And even more precious, you justify it by saying Hanyu's technical and presentation abilities are far beyond anyone else here to begin, especially technical, so he can afford errors (when Chan's technical superiority in terms of difficulty and superior presentation/PCS is what's led to him winning the vast majority of his events this past quad). Perhaps your screen name should be doublestandardsfan. :sarcasm: