Information required on Dorothy Goos Holiday on Ice skater | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Information required on Dorothy Goos Holiday on Ice skater

ice coverage

Record Breaker
...Here is a newspaper article which mentions the show in South Africa in 1957.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...HpOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DAEEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7400,2602246

... And she did not skating until she was 12-at least that's when she received her skates for Christmas!

No big whoop, but the Toledo Blade article at Mathman's link says:
At age nine, Goos skated for the very first time -- at Rockefeller Center, no less.
At age ten, she started skating competitively.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I saw a picture of goos with Elvis dated after the plane crash.

I Read in an article she coached or trained in west palm beach. You google dorothy goos west palm beach you get a link to intelius saying a dorothy Stevens used to go by dorothy goos. Goos had a son named John and a relative of dorothy Stevens is John Stevens. Just thought that was interesting.

RSE

Spectator
I saw a picture of goos with Elvis dated after the plane crash.

I Read in an article she coached or trained in west palm beach. You google dorothy goos west palm beach you get a link to intelius saying a dorothy Stevens used to go by dorothy goos. Goos had a son named John and a relative of dorothy Stevens is John Stevens. Just thought that was interesting.

Thanks for all this additional information. Would it be possible for a public-spirited member of the forum to compile these disjecta membra into a Wikipedia entry for DG? She was clearly a skater of distinction who might have won Olympic gold if WW2 hadn't supervened, and I think she deserves to be memorialized there. Anybody Googling for her would thereafter be directed straight to Wikipedia, and find these data gathered into a manageable package.