Artur Gachinski? | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski?

lutzlover

On the Ice
What happened to him? I vaguely remember him being called a "mini Plushenko" back in 2011 and like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, people thought he would be a contender for Sochi. Also, on a completely unrelated (or related, I have no idea) topic, why is the coach Tarasova referred to so negatively? I remember someone commenting about how she is a "death reaper"?

gmyers

Record Breaker
He posted videos of himself doing some step sequences with interesting and unique moves. He provides links on his twitter page and he is working very hard with a new coach and i assume he can't wait for cup of nice and Finlandia.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What happened to him? I vaguely remember him being called a "mini Plushenko" back in 2011 and like Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, people thought he would be a contender for Sochi. Also, on a completely unrelated (or related, I have no idea) topic, why is the coach Tarasova referred to so negatively? I remember someone commenting about how she is a "death reaper"?

The short story of what happened to Artur is that he had ONE bad competition at the worst possible time (2012 Worlds) and got chucked on the scrapheap. The long story is that something happened between his wonderful silver at Euros 2012 and Worlds 2012. He finished 17th (but, it must be noted, with a higher TSS than Kovtun's 17th the next year!), got tossed on the scrapheap, had an unexpected growth spurt, a back injury, and developed flat feet which caused leg numbness. And then of course there was also a mysterious personal issue that Mishin alluded to once but declined to elaborate on since it was Artur's private business. So basically, he had a pretty rubbish two years. But he's not done yet.

He posted videos of himself doing some step sequences with interesting and unique moves. He provides links on his twitter page and he is working very hard with a new coach and i assume he can't wait for cup of nice and Finlandia.

Are these videos recent? Because now I'm feeling like a very inferior Gachi fan if they are since I haven't seen them.

Do we know who the new coach is yet? I'm tying myself in knots with this rumour of the horrible coach.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The short story of what happened to Artur is that he had ONE bad competition at the worst possible time (2012 Worlds) and got chucked on the scrapheap. The long story is that something happened between his wonderful silver at Euros 2012 and Worlds 2012. He finished 17th (but, it must be noted, with a higher TSS than Kovtun's 17th the next year!), got tossed on the scrapheap, had an unexpected growth spurt, a back injury, and developed flat feet which caused leg numbness. And then of course there was also a mysterious personal issue that Mishin alluded to once but declined to elaborate on since it was Artur's private business. So basically, he had a pretty rubbish two years. But he's not done yet.

Are these videos recent? Because now I'm feeling like a very inferior Gachi fan if they are since I haven't seen them.

Do we know who the new coach is yet? I'm tying myself in knots with this rumour of the horrible coach.
Thank you for the info. It was a mystery to me how he changed in a few months. Human nature does not want that kind of unpredictability, especially when someone was going downhill in a dramatic way. I hope with the new coach he can reach his competitive level soon.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for the info. It was a mystery to me how he changed in a few months. Human nature does not want that kind of unpredictability, especially when someone was going downhill in a dramatic way. I hope with the new coach he can reach his competitive level soon.

Artur has referred to the major problem being "the cockroaches in the head" in the past. A good portion of the issue was/is psychological. I hope it's sorted now.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I like what I'm seeing. Now if only he could get his jumps back.

with Sokolovskaya ( aka worst coach in FS history ) as potential coach ?
that's like the Grimm Reaper taking care of his skating career