2014 Worlds Men Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Men Short Program

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Good job kiddo, Didn't quite go for it like in US Nationals, But job very well done,

Probably gonna be up there with Abbott

I hope they don't put him behind Chafik, I'll kill em

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Was it necessarly? Really necessarly?

Why aren't you letting me to like Kovtun with all your stupid comentary?

Why is my commentary affecting your feelings on Kovtun? I don't speak for him, and I'm not even a big fan of his, but he was screwed out of a Olympic spot he earned that Plushenko did absolutely nothing with (individually). So, yes, it was necessary.

lady_bee

Medalist
Aaron is very good.
However, this music always remind me Takahashi, even though he is not my favorite.
Sorry Max.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why is my commentary affecting your feelings on Kovtun? I don't speak for him, and I'm not even a big fan of his, but he was screwed out of a Olympic spot he earned that Plushenko did absolutely nothing with (individually). So, yes, it was necessary.

Kovtun bombed euros. He didn't deserve the spot- voronov did more than kovtun

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yes, sketchy hand-down for Kovtun.But all that matters in this sport is busting out tricks and having politics in your favour. Kovtun is a less complete skater artistically and in terms of overall polishing and refinement than Jeremy Abbott, but Kovtun even with a hand down busts out scores galore cuz of God forsaken extra revolution. I see visions of many of these guys hobbled and crippled before their time.

Jeremy is a better overall complete figure skater than the entire field combined. He did a casual well-executed quad/ triple in the warm-up, but left it there. Still, why doesn't he pull the scores he deserves for above average PCS. This sport is so awfully judged and scored. It's not about figure skating. It's about quad revolution, with no regard for maturity, musicality and polished presentation skills.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Brezina really stalked the 4S. Puts a hand down. Doubles the 3F, falls, and singles the axel. Keeps pushing through the routine.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Great job from Max, 4S-3T, 3Lz gorgeous and easy, overroated the 3A.

How on earth did that end up behind Abbott? Ludicrous.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I just realised Kovtun got better PCS than Abbott,

What A Joke, Unbelievable, And i like his program

Is Brezina gonna qualify, it's close, Don't think he'll get the PCS

Trewyn

Medalist
Ouch Brezina. He won't even qualify for the LP?? He's the Oda of 2014. (Oda didn't make the free at 2010 Worlds)

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Kovtun bombed euros. He didn't deserve the spot- voronov did more than kovtun

Whatever, Kovtun won the spot with his consistent performances through the season and then winning Nationals. Using Euros to decide who should get the Olympic spot wasn't for Voronov anyway, it was for the Russian Fed to give themselves every chance to dump Kovtun (and/or Voronov) in favor of their Hobbled Golden Boy.

aschiutza

On the Ice

No, bad taste comentary is not necesarrly. Never. So much hate is neither necessarly.

Kovtun took a year ago also the place for soemone else, if you have forgotten.
The places are given from federation by their own necesitties and the withdraw from the single competition was because injury (if you have missed that!). So, hate against Plushenko is really bade taste in the context.

Do you know what skating fans? Your hate begin to be so annoying. I am coming here to have joy, to enjoy the skating, to discuss. Not to diss, not to be rude, not to read such stupidity written about these hard working people.
If is something putting me off from figure skating, are you so called fans.