2014 Worlds Men Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Men Short Program

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's like Han Cong is pronounced Han Ch"own" and not Han Kong...according to my Chinese friends.

The good thing is that once you learn the pronounciation of these Asian names you can remember it VERY easily. Those crazy long Eastern European name on the other hand are impossible for me.

I am not sure about Vietnamese, Chinese or Thailand names though. Really hard to pronounce. :cry:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Since you are still awake B_I, will you please provide link to your blog if/when you post? Also you mentioned wanting to listen to British Eurosport streams to hear calling of jumps. Does this not happen on the Canadian broadcast( I hope I am not putting you on the spot):)

The Canadian broadcast that I'm watching online doesn't have commentary (I don't get the cable channel it's also on, Sportsnet One). I probably won't end up blogging until tomorrow since I'll be too sleepy to write, I'll just make some notes, but if/when I do blog, I'll let you know.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Good energy from Bychenko. The crowd applauds along to his performance. Should make the cut with his strong skating.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Good for Alexei, Though his levels were all lower than possible, Some iffy landings

But that Quad will put him through.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Viktor Pfeifer is sitting to our left and Max Aaron is sitting to our right. #starstruck. As we predicted, Bychenko makes the cut with 69.73.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Kim is having a great skate. Very slinky skater with deep knee bend. The crowd is applauding along to his step sequence, too.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Viktor Pfeifer is sitting to our left and Max Aaron is sitting to our right. #starstruck. As we predicted, Bychenko makes the cut with 69.73.

I am ridiculously jealous of you right now. Is Max as good looking in real life as he is on the computer screen?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kim sold that program like the landlord was holding the eviction notice in his face. Great personality on the ice. I enjoyed that.

BusyMom

Medalist
I am not sure about Vietnamese, Chinese or Thailand names though. Really hard to pronounce. :cry:

Thai names are not that difficult. It just that they usually spell it wrong due to the lack of English efficiency or they translate from Thai alphabet to English alphabet not from the way to pronounce it. For Chinese name, they use pinyin so ,unless you have some knowledge, not easy to pronounce it correctly.