2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Huh, IceNetwork doesn't have the video link yet... [Edit: Never mind. It's just not on the front page.]

aramina

Rinkside
Yay! they have the Technical score on the side thingy!!

I actually have mixed feelings about the technical score overlay, I like it, but I also find it distracting at times and realise that I'm not actually watching the actual skating as much because of it

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think I have it installed but what channel am I looking for? I put "figure skating" in the search engine and got no response.

Okay...look for the flame-looking smiley face in the corner of your browser (are you using Google Chrome?)

Click on it.

In the site box put in the ISU channel website. Then it will automatically switch your VPN.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Okay...look for the flame-looking smiley face in the corner of your browser (are you using Google Chrome?)

Click on it.

In the site box put in the ISU channel website. Then it will automatically switch your VPN.

I see the little flame, but it says "off." When I click on it it brings up a drop down box. I put the http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html address into the box that says Enter site to access, hit enter...and nothing happens. See, I am a tech moron :(

I'm using Firefox. I don't have Chrome installed. Maybe I should.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's kind of ridiculous just how excited I've been for this competition the last few days, I'm especially enjoying the fact that both of my favorite disciplines are doing the short programs today. :D

Same here. I hope that the excitement and some strong coffee will be enough to keep me going through the night! The timezone difference is a killer!

aramina

Rinkside
Same here. I hope that the excitement and some strong coffee will be enough to keep me going through the night! The timezone difference is a killer!

I will admit, unlike Jr Worlds where I kept falling asleep during it, being in California gives me an advantage and I shouldn't have to stay up too late to watch everything. Also, I'm never going to stop being amused that while the competition starts on Wednesday, it's still Tuesday for me :D

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs judges for the Short Program:

MERIGUET-FRA
DECK-USA
ABELE-LAT
YAMAMOTO-JPN
BUTTARELLI-ITA
KIMMINUS-GER
YORDANOVA-BUL
KOGAN-RUS
WANG-CHN

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
The stream was working fine but suddenly appears "authentification failed" anyone has the same problem?

aramina

Rinkside
Right now my preferred order is:

1. Pairs
2. Men
3. Ladies
4. Ice Dance

But I actually only started watching Ice Dance in the past year or so, so it may end up higher in the list eventually.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Much improved skate from the Wendes this time. He didn't drop her during the death spiral! Actually their sync was much better.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, Zhang/Bartholomay! Clean. :) Hope that 35+ sticks. :)

Aw, it's dropping a little bit, but it looks like 33+ is what we got, which would be an improvement from their TES at the Olympics.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Arena is empty.

It's early. But at least we don't have to listen to boorish screaming and the like. A massive improvement.

A SB for Z/B. Good for them. I liked them better than the Wendes, but give them time...

aramina

Rinkside
Day 1, at 10am local time, with a less popular discipline (in Japan), I think the audience will get much bigger after lunch time.