2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Seems like the sound guy just started replaying it by accident, And stopped

I'd be really irritated if I were C/S. They didn't get a deduction, but the weird music thing definitely affected the impact of their program and could have subconsciously caused the judges to lower their PCS. Grrrr.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Right now neither American team is top 10. So if both team finish out of the top 10, it means there will be only 1 spot next year?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Right now neither American team is top 10. So if both team finish out of the top 10, it means there will be only 1 spot next year?

As it stands 11+14=25 < 28 which is what is required for two spots. C/S would have to drop BELOW 14th, along with Z/B. to go do to one spot.

The Top 10 thing for two spots only applies if there is only one pair for a county.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
IMO Castelli/Shanpir are quite aesthetically mismatched. They look downright odd together -- she's a reasonable skater but he just lumbers around. :slink:

Great for D/R - beautiful skate. I like her new costuming and softer look & see improvements from Olympics.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I forgot to check when the event was happening and only saw Meagan and Eric before the ISU channel beeped and I lost the feed. The costume change was great, and I loved their program. There's something so inspiring about it. I like the change for their death spiral. The other entry was more impressive, but they kept more speed after the change of hand here.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I'm assuming if S\S won't hand this title to S\K, Then S\K would have a pretty tough time grabbing it in Shanghai next year as well.

apple123

On the Ice
You want them not to win any medal before you see the free competition but you blame the judges already.
I would like Sui and Han to medal but I will not go far as describing a podium bad BEFORE watching the actual competition!

Have you heard words such as "wish" and "prediction"?

Alba

Record Breaker
Like Sochi didn't prove that, lol

You're right. There is corruption everywhere.
I mean look at D/R n second place, overscored. For sure it was the canadian tech controller, who is also the director of Scate Canada Board, who put them there. :popcorn:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds having one spot is very unlikely.
As it stands 11+14=25 < 28 which is what is required for two spots. C/S would have to drop BELOW 14th, along with Z/B. to go do to one spot.

The Top 10 thing for two spots only applies if there is only one pair for a county.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Hoping that S/S going first in the final group means they do the throw 3S.

PLEASE just do the Grand Prix Final long program and all will be good. The throw 3Axel has already been landed and ratified. If they had the "first" thing to go for, I'd understand maybe, but they don't.

whatif

Medalist
I'm assuming if S\S won't hand this title to S\K, Then S\K would have a pretty tough time grabbing it in Shanghai next year as well.

It will always be tough time for S/K. There will be no clear leader after this season ends with all retirements and there will be need for some rivalry. Sui/Han and S/K got used to competing at junior circuit so nothing new there.