2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

tulosai

Record Breaker
Kind of off topic, but does Aliona have a new partner lined up yet? Kurt Browning said on CBC's preview coverage that Robin is retiring but Aliona plans to continue skating with a new partner.

this is REALLY for REAL???

Mind=blown.

rosacotton

Final Flight
S/S and D/R were the standouts for me. Pleasant surprise the Canadians being in second. Fingers crossed for the long program -- their Alice program hasn't seemed to be as well received as their short.

tulosai

Record Breaker
S/S and D/R were the standouts for me. Pleasant surprise the Canadians being in second. Fingers crossed for the long program -- their Alice program hasn't seemed to be as well received as their short.

Yes but then, unless I'm mistaken (which of course I never am muhahahahaha) (joking obviously) they have never skated it cleanly.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Yes but then, unless I'm mistaken (which of course I never am muhahahahaha) (joking obviously) they have never skated it cleanly.

Yeah, I don't think they've done a clean long yet. Which is why I'm bracing myself for the possibility of them not holding on to the silver.

kresslia

Medalist
I'd be happy with a bronze for D/R. I honestly never even thought of them being able to capture the silver.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thrilled for Aliona & Robin. Hope they keep it up for the free skate. Pulling for D/R & MT/M (shocked that MT/M weren't higher, but glad they are in the top six). Hope that our US teams have great free skates.

MT/M made no mistakes. Their short program is wonderful, yet they were killed by PCS

She landed on his shoulder on the triple twist and it didn't get a lot of height. That is one element that is their Achilles heel and they really need to try to fix it if they are to challenge for the medals.

Still, regardless of that, they did deserve higher PCS relative to some of the other teams.