Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I don't know if it's because of his costume or Matteo looks stiff to me.
    That costume is like a satin tourniquet, so it is not surprising that he looks a bit stiff. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    People have to go to work you know.
    Take it easy. I didn't offend anybody "you know". It was just an observation, and I already wrote in my next comment: "Yeah it's early. Now I think there are more people actually."

Custom Title
    What is it Russians and gunshots to open a routine?

Nice hight and attack though

Also: I think Guarise is stiff no matter what he wears, But he could wear whatever he wants, As long as it's tight

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    That costume is like a satin tourniquet, so it is not surprising that he looks a bit stiff. LOL!

Yeah.

Although I forgot that he just had a knee operation, right after Sochi.

Rinkside
    Okay, I really like the Antipova/Maisuradze pair, I thought they were a bit stiff at first, but the choreography was beautiful in the second half of the program.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    What is it Russians and gunshots to open a routine?
    It sounded like a thunder sound effect to me, was it supposed to be a gunshot?

Custom Title
    Wow, That score is pretty major

It sounded like a thunder sound effect to me, was it supposed to be a gunshot?
    it's possible, But then it kills my joke

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    I'll take a mini nap now, I'm enjoying this and I want to make it through the night.

Custom Title
    Antipova/Maisuradze have a ton of potential. Their twist is FANTASTIC. She easily has room for another rotation and it's landed beautifully. Deserved lead IMO.

Wende/Wende had a lovely skate. Since they came right after the first group, their power & speed was so noticeable. They were on another level to what had come before them! I've always had a soft spot for them.

Zhang/Bartholomay had a nice skate and I like their connection with each other. I'm impressed with their consistency. That said, their skating looks really small compared to not only the top teams, but also mid-ranking teams like the Wendes.

Custom Title
    I've never been to a live ice skating event. Do they always play music? Whats the matter with quiet? Do folks have to constantly be entertained? Just my grip.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Antipova/Maisuradze have a ton of potential. Their twist is FANTASTIC. She easily has room for another rotation and it's landed beautifully. Deserved lead IMO.
    They usually do a quad in the FS!!

Rinkside
    Whoa, that audience exploded in time to see the Japanese pair skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post

Wende/Wende had a lovely skate. Since they came right after the first group, their power & speed was so noticeable. They were on another level to what had come before them! I've always had a soft spot for them.

Zhang/Bartholomay had a nice skate and I like their connection with each other. I'm impressed with their consistency. That said, their skating looks really small compared to not only the top teams, but also mid-ranking teams like the Wendes.
    Yup, I pretty much agree with all of this, though I think Z/B have the potential to skate bigger. The Russians really impressed me. That was some twist.

I really liked A/M, nice skate. Was that Artur Dimetri in K&C? If so he has changed.

GO T/K!!

Custom Title
    I would've had the JPN pair below both the EST and the BLR pair by just a bit

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast