2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You'll never have to worry about Sui/Han being less than uh fully expressive. I'm a bit surprised that went over Cheng/Zhang, but de gustibus non est dispatadum.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I hope S\S can go clean and pass 80 in their last competition,

Did they keep "The pink panther" ?

Art&Sport

Medalist
I disagree with Sui/Han in front of Peng/Zhang. S/H do a lot of tricks well, but they are not complete skaters. They do not have the beautiful expressiveness and refinement of Peng/Zhang.

ITA oleada and DaveT. L/S scoring screams politics; even they felt lucky with that placement. S/H scoring screams ISU judge's love big tricks over complete skating.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I can't get over the improvement of Cheng. What a difference 1 year makes.
Loved their SP.

S/H rocked their SP, fabulous.

To bad about T/K. They have been steadily improving but just are not
there yet.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I disagree with Sui/Han in front of Peng/Zhang. S/H do a lot of tricks well, but they are not complete skaters. They do not have the beautiful expressiveness and refinement of Peng/Zhang.

I agree for the most part,

Except that Sui\Han feel more like same level, And P\Z feel a bit further apart, A daddy and his little girl like someone said, But their lines are cleaner.

It appears the judges more often then not go for more attack as opposed to more refinement :\

oleada

Record Breaker

ITA. I think Peng moves really well to the music, and her moves add to it. While Sui is a dynamic, engaging skater, I don't think that she listens to the music or moves as well to it as Peng.

badknees

Medalist
Checked out Wiki. Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao teamed up in 1997. Which is the year of Cheng Peng's birth.

Art&Sport

Medalist
ITA. I think Peng moves really well to the music, and her moves add to it. While Sui is a dynamic, engaging skater, I don't think that she listens to the music or moves as well to it as Peng.

Yes, ITA. Peng expresses the music well and has a more natural grace and maturity beyond her years than does Sui. Plus, Zhang is a more mature and experienced partner than Han, which helps Peng. Nice to see Zhang happy and with a more well-matched partner.

rocketry

Rinkside
I don't know if it's my being weirded out by P/Z's age difference, but I prefer watching Sui/Han because they match each other better. They just look more unified as a pair to me both age and stylistically. I think Peng is amazing though and hope to see how they progress.

apple123

On the Ice

ITA oleada and DaveT. L/S scoring screams politics; even they felt lucky with that placement. S/H scoring screams ISU judge's love big tricks over complete skating.

Hahaha, says a fan of Hanyu! In some way, S/H is the pair of Hanyu.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
That death spiral looked better than at the Olympics where they got a level 1 but still looked off to me. I liked everything else though. Good job M-T/M!