Worlds will rise who will dominate for 2014-18 | Golden Skate

Worlds will rise who will dominate for 2014-18

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie Gold's consistent practice reports could signal not only the revival of US ladies skating
but a new hegemony and domination of a skater for the 2014-2018 quad

Gracie is having a blast in Tokyo: https://twitter.com/GraceEGold

Worlds title will be Gracie or Mao Asada's to lose

Big Deal

Final Flight
History tells that the Gold medalist of the Post-Olympic World almost never dominate the next quadrennial.
(2006: Denkova-Staviyski, Kimi Meissner, Lambiel, Pang-Tong,
2010: Virtue-Moir, Pang-Tong, Mao Asada, Takahashi).

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't totally disagree but there are some who will not be at Worlds this year and then there is always the unknown. Worlds in 2016 maybe for who is going to dominate. There are too many people retiring or who SHOULD retire, plaguing injuries, age, etc. I'm not ready to say anyone from this year is going to dominate.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Probably so. Gold will almost always beat Sotnikova outside of Russia, she always has, and I dont see any major events in Russia anytime soon. Lipnitskaya is probably done once she grows anymore. Radianova wont be here and she is a potential big factor the next 4 years though.

Yuzu, I/K, and S/K seem the logical choices to dominate the next quad, and all could win here, although it will be tougher for S/K having to face S/S here but not impossible.

I would also add Pogorilaya as potential, she has good body type like Gracie Gold

s_parks

Record Breaker
In pairs, I can see S/K and S/H co-dominating(?), especially if Sui stops growing(she's 18 now, I doubt she'll grow a whole lot, height wise). M-T/M too, though I'm not sure about "dominating", exactly, but one of the top three-ish pairs.

BRASILwmr

Rinkside
I say with a certain tranquility that hardly Gold wins the world this year. But in 2015, Gold is already a big favorite. This will give her time to suit your style and technique. Maybe some russian teen (Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya) babys (Radionova, and other eVAS and oVAS o.0) can give problems for her. I do not think Hanyu is strong in this 2014 wc but we know that it can be overcome, and without Chan, will find it difficult opponents. For next year, the winner will not fall (here's complicated), I don't see nothing artistic in men competition. Couples in the dispute can be interesting, but not doubt that the Russians (S & K and others) will continue dominating the next quad. I will not predict anything in Ice dance, you guys already know what will be.

usethis2

Medalist
Anna Pogorilaya is unbelievably mature for her age. Assuming she learns to skate bigger and maintain her techniques, she looks very promising. She's currently skating to very heavy music that makes her look even older than she already does for her age - I don't know whether that's her strategy or not, but it seems a bit too much for her to handle. That is an easy thing to fix, though.

SkateToronto

On the Ice
The homer in me has my fingers crossed for Gabrielle Daleman - she's my favourite Canadian ladies skater - even more so than Osmond, although I know Osmond's gotten better results so far.

I have high hopes for Gracie Gold - she's technically proficient, her artistry is improving, and she seems to be pretty much passed the 'puberty bump', so I don't imagine her body will change all that much. If she can stay healthy and committed, I think the next 4 years look bright.

ks777

Record Breaker
Marin Honda is going to come out of nowhere and take the Olympic Gold in Pyongchang.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Marin Honda is going to come out of nowhere and take the Olympic Gold in Pyongchang.
You must be tripping. Adelina Sotnikova is going to land 2 quad toes on her way to a second consecutive OGM. She will skate with exquisite refinement and incredible speed to sublime, beautiful programs that earn standing ovations from a packed South Korean house, and at the end of her stunning 7-triple and 2-quad free skate, Yuna Kim will be openly sobbing in the announcer's booth as she loudly proclaims "This is your Olympic champion!"

It is foretold.