GP assignments? | Golden Skate

GP assignments?

Kasey

Medalist
How early do we find out who has been selected for what Grand prix events next season? (yeah, already starting to think about it, just putting the skating withdrawls into denial).

Kasey

brenlynn

On the Ice
i think last year it was announced mid/late-may if memory serves me correctly.

brenlynn

On the Ice
i think the past couple years, for skate america it's been the top 2 in each discipline (US Skaters) and 4th from Nationals. I think 2nd ranked US Skaters go to Skate Canada as well, with another, but I'm not sure what rank.

I think 4th place Canadians get sent to Skate America. Don't take my word from it, I'm just going by who has been sent to these events the past 2 or so years. It's fun to speculate!

I hope KVDP gets Skate America, I would die happy! Well O/L and Fedor Andreev too! I'm not asking too much ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The top 6 from each event at Worlds can do 3 GP events.
This means that Michelle, Sasha, Belbin and Agosto, Weir and Weiss can all do 3 events in the GP if they choose.

Weiss has said he will scale back. Unclear what that means.

It is unclear what they will do with Tim Goebel as he is still near the top in the ISU world rankings. Do they give him a test skate? Send him to Nebelhorn or Finlandia? What? Also unclear what team envelope they will put him in. He will get no more than 2 events however.

Evan Lysacek with his finish at 4C's and at Jr. Worlds will definitely have 2 assignments.

I think Jordan Brauniger, Taylor, and Meissner and Mathews/Zavozin have said they are staying with the Jr. Grand Prix?

It will be interesting to see if Michelle does COR to get used to the ice there and to the COP judging.

Also, have the team envelopes come out? You can tell a lot from them.

The poor orphans are the Jr. Pairs US champions. As she is 11 and he is 18/19, she will not be eligible for jgp for 2 years, by which time he is too old. It will be 4 years before they can skate seniors together. I wonder what they will do? The article at USFSA didn't make it too clear either.

Koroleva

On the Ice
brenlynn said:
I hope KVDP gets Skate America, I would die happy! Well O/L and Fedor Andreev too! I'm not asking too much ;)

Hey what about some people for me too? ;) You know I have to sit next to you... :p :laugh: