Any male skater who does I-spins or creative camel spins, or layback spins? | Golden Skate

Any male skater who does I-spins or creative camel spins, or layback spins?

VirMo

On the Ice
Any male skater who does I-spins or creative camel spins, or layback spins?

Just wondering.

I don't count Takahashi's layback..

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Shawn Sawyer does really nice Biellmanns and full-split Y-spins. His spiral is also gorgeous, better than most ladies. Mark Hanretty has a nice layback and catch foot camel. Johnny Weir used to do back laybacks and some pretty catch foots as well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rohene Ward, Jason's choreographer, does all the spins Jason does. He skates in Europe in Holiday on Ice.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer does really nice Biellmanns and full-split Y-spins. His spiral is also gorgeous, better than most ladies. Mark Hanretty has a nice layback and catch foot camel. Johnny Weir used to do back laybacks and some pretty catch foots as well.

Shawn's was lovely especially with the arm elegantly tucked behind... That Y-spin requires insane flexibility moreso than many ladies' Y/I-spins.

Dots

Final Flight
Galindo's Y spin and Martini spins have never been replicated.

Now those were real Y spin variations! :clap:

Schismadoodle

Spectator
Sorry for going off topic but did anybody notice how martinez's long program was similar to hanyu's romeo and juliet?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Sorry for going off topic but did anybody notice how martinez's long program was similar to hanyu's romeo and juliet?

It's Michael's short actually which is set to the same music (but different arrangement) as Yuzuru's LP.

In Sochi, Johnny Weir remarked on Michael's "insane flexibility for a man" and that only Michael and Yuzuru among the men are doing the Biellman spin.
I have also read a post that described Michael as a "poor man's Hanyu." That may literally be true. Yuzuru is backed by a rich and powerful federation, while Michael and his family have to scrounge for funds to support his training though support I think is now trickling in after his solid showing in Sochi.