2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies’ Short Program starts at 15:35 JST tomorrow (3/26)... So it's 1:35 AM EST 3/26. Ugh. Late nighter it is!

I might be crazy but my world clock says its 9am there right now. Wouldn't that mean it will start on 6.5 hours or 2:30 am.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I might be crazy but my world clock says its 9am there right now. Wouldn't that mean it will start on 6.5 hours or 2:30 am.

You're totally right - I'm an hour off! It would start at 2:35 AM, not 1:35. Thanks for catching my mistake!

humbaba

Final Flight
If I'm reading the PDF schedule correctly, the ladies' SP starts at 15:45 local time on Thursday 27. I think that translates to 6:45 am Thursday 27 EST.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's an 13hr time difference. So 3:45pm(15:45 JPT) is 2:45am EST

Sabrina

Record Breaker
For EST it is -13 h difference. As the first group starts at 4 pm in Sataima, Japan, that would be 3 a.m on the Eastern coast.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And now I want Gracie to fail just because I can't stand this praising any more. Please, stop! I like Gracie's style and I don't want to start hating her just because someone is pitching her in her every post. Is Gracie's team paying you or what?

And saying that Yulia is going downwards? Really? She's 3 years younger than Gracie and has plenty room to grow. The same is true for Gracie.

But, please, stop this Gracie worshipping thing you are doing.

did I say I want Julia to fail ? :rolleye: I still like Julia btw
Im talking about their longevity and their season when I said going downwards

Gracie is on an upward trend for the season
and Julia was a bit exhausted at the Olympics, she even said on the interview

anyways good luck to all girls

Layfan

Record Breaker
My money is still on Julia. Maybe she was exhausted after the Olympics but she's 15. She can probably recover quicker than the rest. and if she nails I see the judges being all over that, fairly or not. She is still one of the most consistent skaters out there. Gracie, not so much. It's easy to forget because her results have been so good this season but I feel like I have yet to see her put together two perfect programs, even at nationals. So yeah, Gracie could win, but against her competition, it would certainly help if she were capable of two mistake-free programs.

I'm rooting for Mao and I can't wait to see her but it's impossible to deny the inconsistency of her 3a. And Caro, she is my favorite in the competition, along with Mao, but who knows with her.

mao_da_artist

Rinkside
I think Yulia will find herself on the podium as long as she skates clean. Gracie has a good chance of winning the bronze, the scoring at Sochi was very foreshadowing. The judges have dumped Ashley and are now looking at Gracie to be the next American "It Girl." If Frank was able to keep her in 4th after a fall, I think she'll be getting very high scores at worlds.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I think the podium will be some combination of Mao, Carolina, Julia, and Gracie. Realistically, the favorites for gold will be Carolina and Julia, with Mao either skating amazingly and taking gold or falling off the podium completely (perhaps bronze). Julia will be hungry for redemption, and Carolina has impressed me with her consistency and focus in the latter half of the season. I expect Gracie to put out relatively clean performances, but where she lands will depend on the other three.

On another note, since when is Anna Ovcharova skating for Switzerland?? I still remember her JGP and JW days...

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Anna and Yulia deliver and Russia secures three spots and with Caro and maybe Mao retired could we see a Russian sweep next year? Yulia,Adelina, and Elena? This came to me while driving home from the rink while listening to Elena's SP song(NERO by Two Steps From Hell). I wouldn't be surprised one bit. There were four of them at GPF already this year.

I'm also interested to see how Anna and Polina match up. It's only one event but it could be very telling. :popcorn:

usethis2

Medalist
And now I want Gracie to fail just because I can't stand this praising any more. Please, stop! I like Gracie's style and I don't want to start hating her just because someone is pitching her in her every post. Is Gracie's team paying you or what?

And saying that Yulia is going downwards? Really? She's 3 years younger than Gracie and has plenty room to grow. The same is true for Gracie.

But, please, stop this Gracie worshipping thing you are doing.
I think she is a comic relief. Harmless as long as she doesn't start bashing other skaters.

I bought the facade for awhile but it's clear that he/she isn't a Gracie fan. No true fan would attempt to bring such constant negative attention onto their fave. It's an anti in disguise, and I'm pretty sure their fave is Julia. If you read their non-Gracie posts, they maintain an air of realism and cynicism about other skaters, yet magically when it comes to Gracie that changes to nonsensical "optimism" (if you can even call it that). FAKE. :hb:

Don't forget the coincidence (or should I say correlation) between their scores at Sochi. ;)

usethis2

Medalist
That's actually my main point in favor of Gracie/against Yulia. Gracie is in great athletic shape, in an adult woman's body. You can see she's hard as a rock. So I think she has more potential longevity. Like I would bet more on her being able to peak at the next Olympics tham most of the other female skaters on the scene right now.

Anna Pogoxxxx (can't remember to spell her last name, sorry) has a body of 25 yr old and she's 15. Check her out. I hope she doesn't grow too big. Like Elene..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
did I say I want Julia to fail ? :rolleye: I still like Julia btw

Well, it's not like you've never expressed wanting skaters to fail or expressed your glee when skaters don't perform well. :sarcasm: Your snide comments during the men's competition were so typical that I'd call you out for it if it weren't so ridiculously predictable of your general callousness towards certain skaters.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, before the competition starts, may I take this opportunity to wish good luck to the skaters I normally support for the top positions - Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Carolina Kostner, Valentina Marchei and Julia Lipnitskaia.

But, I would also like to single out 2 of the skaters that are starting earlier in the competition for special mention.

Good luck to my fellow Northern Irelander Jenna Mccorkell, who is competing in her final World Championships before she retires. You have represented "Our Wee Country" so well over the years, and we are so proud of everything you have achieved.

And also, good luck to my favourite "Swiss"-Russian, Anna Ovcharova, who is competing in her first Senior World Championships. I am so glad you have got out of the lion's den of Russian Ladies skating, and now have the opportunity to compete on the big stage for your adopted country.

Good luck everybody!

Eurosport Nederland (All times CET)

Thursday 27th March 2014
ESP1 07:30 – 12:30 Ladies Short LIVE
ESP1 12:30 – 14:30 Free Pairs

Eurosport Deutschland (All times CET)

Thursday 27th March 2014

Eurosport France (All times CET)

Thursday 27th March 2014

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Thursday 27th March 2014
BES1 06:30 – 11:30 Ladies Short LIVE
BES1 11:30 – 13:30 Free Pairs
BES1 16:15 – 17:15 Ladies Short
BES1 17:15 – 18:45 Free Pairs

Like yesterday, there have been adjustments to the start times. As the first warm-up will not be starting until 06:55 GMT (07:55 CET), Eurosport will be joing the skating 15 minutes later than advertised, at 06:45 GMT (07:45 CET).

So, there is just 25 minutes until Eurosport show LIVE coverage of the Ladies SP IN IT'S ENTIRITY!!!

Eurosport 1 International livestream
British Eurosport 1 livestream

Thankfully, there is no Java re-direct today. And if the wee "X" boxes don't appear to close the adverts, re-fresh the page. The wee "X" boxes will usually appear then.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hello everyone.
Ready for the best part of the WC to start.
Julia and Anna are ready to kick some asses.