2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia could still get better in the long run, she is younger you know. Gracie is lively and lovely on ice, but somehow I feel Julia has more talents. Just my opinion.

Julia still hasn't gone through puberty---time will tell how well Julia will be able to rotate and land her jumps when she has boobs and hips.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
.........And when are the nice men in white coming for you? You've now started putting Julia down too, soon the only skater you like at all will be Gracie Gold. I can imagine when you aren't online you scrawl these insane ramblings on the walls of your room in crayon, a very The Shining kind of thing.

All Hollywood good lucks, and no headcase makes Gracie get 250+ :laugh:

Gracie has the same 3LZ-3T a Yuna, also an body type wise, an attractive lady like Yuna and a better spinner than Yuna
if Yuna can score close in 250+ what makes Gracie cannot ?

and I said Gracie's beauty is just a bonus
no need to get intimidated

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's so much easier to win four out of the next four WC titles with scores in the 250's. Glad you cleared that up because I was beginning to think you were being irrational. Has Gracie even been on the podium looking down on Yulia or is Yulia always looking down at her. Ill search for a podium pic were Gracie "the body" Gold finished better than Yulia.

Gracie is good and all and I actually like her but I swear you are trying to make me hate her or something!

dress

On the Ice
Seriously, Gracie should get a restraining order against Sky_fly20. Sky_fly20 is delusional and clearly obsessed

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
And now I want Gracie to fail just because I can't stand this praising any more. Please, stop! I like Gracie's style and I don't want to start hating her just because someone is pitching her in her every post. Is Gracie's team paying you or what?

And saying that Yulia is going downwards? Really? She's 3 years younger than Gracie and has plenty room to grow. The same is true for Gracie.

But, please, stop this Gracie worshipping thing you are doing.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Gracie has an advantage though, body type wise, she is taller, thinner and leaner than Julia
plus Gracie already has one of the biggest jumps amongst the new girls along with speed and power that Julia lacks atm

It also doesn't hurt Gracie is one of the most attractive
I will say too that Gracie Gold is not a prepubescent ballerina like a lot of the Russian girls. It is hard to say how far she'll go, but she clearly has the goods to be a world champion.

sk8in

Match Penalty
And saying that Yulia is going downwards? Really? She's 3 years younger than Gracie and has plenty room to grow. The same is true for Gracie.
That's actually my main point in favor of Gracie/against Yulia. Gracie is in great athletic shape, in an adult woman's body. You can see she's hard as a rock. So I think she has more potential longevity. Like I would bet more on her being able to peak at the next Olympics tham most of the other female skaters on the scene right now.

Franklin99

Medalist
...I can't...with you, I...I can't even...I just can't.

I thought her delusions were funny at first, but now....I really think Sky needs help. No sane person can be that delusional. 250?!! Yuna's score in Vancouver was inflated to me and she topped out at 228. But Gracie's going to score 250? So I'm assuming she will hit 85-90 in SP, and 160 in LP by adding a 3A's and some quad jumps.

elee63

Final Flight
Gracie has the same 3LZ-3T a Yuna, also an body type wise, an attractive lady like Yuna and a better spinner than Yuna
if Yuna can score close in 250+ what makes Gracie cannot ?

and I said Gracie's beauty is just a bonus
no need to get intimidated

Instead of comparing her to Yulia and Yuna and getting everyone riled up (and annoyed with you)
why not just say what you have to say about Gracie, without going too crazy?

(and why all the sudden comparisons to yuna btw?)
Gold and Kim do not have the same body type. They also have different jumping techniques, although they both result in very big jumps.
Gracie is missing one thing, she has yet to express true musicality.
And while she has really improved DRAMATICALLY with the changing of her programs,
she has a way to go.

It's not wrong for a fan to admit that... You come off as someone who REELS at the mention that Gracie isn't the gold standard. She's on an upward climb. You can't go up if you have nothing to improve on.

elee63

Final Flight
And now I want Gracie to fail just because I can't stand this praising any more. Please, stop! I like Gracie's style and I don't want to start hating her just because someone is pitching her in her every post. Is Gracie's team paying you or what?

But, please, stop this Gracie worshipping thing you are doing.

Oh let's not get too carried away and let that idiot commenter affect our own opinions.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
That's actually my main point in favor of Gracie/against Yulia. Gracie is in great athletic shape, in an adult woman's body. You can see she's hard as a rock. So I think she has more potential longevity. Like I would bet more on her being able to peak at the next Olympics tham most of the other female skaters on the scene right now.

Gracie is really lady-like, and has all the curves! And that's great for her! But saying that Yulia is already going downwards? For now we have no idea which direction Yulia will go once the puberty strikes, so making predictions is stupid. Time will show how she will manage her growth. Besides, having the 'right' body is not that is needed. And Yulia is well known for her determination and seriousness.

But as it is for now - she's progressing largely with her emotionality and presentation. And I'm not saying that Gracie is not! Both of them are good!

The time will be the best judge!

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
I bought the facade for awhile but it's clear that he/she isn't a Gracie fan. No true fan would attempt to bring such constant negative attention onto their fave. It's an anti in disguise, and I'm pretty sure their fave is Julia. If you read their non-Gracie posts, they maintain an air of realism and cynicism about other skaters, yet magically when it comes to Gracie that changes to nonsensical "optimism" (if you can even call it that). FAKE. :hb:

whatif

Medalist
I heard that USFS proposed an additional PCS criteria: "Barbi doll looks". Hope it happens this quad, for Gracie's sake.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't we just enjoy them for who they are now in this moment. I don't understand the point of discussing their body parts and type. To me its kinda weird and makes me very uncomfortable at times. Let nature do her thing and leave it at that. Ill say again...I know plenty of girls in their 20's with similar stature to Yulia. What's the big deal? If Yulia matures over the next two years when she hits Gracie's current age she'll be hitting her peak with a full season ahead of her to master an Olympic caliber routine, if she even wants to continue that far. Once again Yulia's age is timed out perfect to support growth issues for the next two to three years. Just in time for 2018. I'm sure Gracie will be much more interested in 'Hollywood' and all her modeling contracts by then anyway. I'm quite glad when Yulia went to a high society Hollywood type event that she said it was her first and her last. That's character!

sk8in

Match Penalty
I heard that USFS proposed an additional PCS criteria: "Barbi doll looks". Hope it happens this quad, for Gracie's sake.
haha I actually think Gracie looks a LOT like Betty Draper. She should def consider a Mad Men themed gala performance.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will say too that Gracie Gold is not a prepubescent ballerina like a lot of the Russian girls. It is hard to say how far she'll go, but she clearly has the goods to be a world champion.

Of course she does! It's likely that we could easily have four different ladies WC winners over the next quad. Their all kind of on an even field. That's why it's going to be so fun.