Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    Ladies’ Short Program starts at 15:35 JST tomorrow (3/26)... So it's 1:35 AM EST 3/26. Ugh. Late nighter it is!
    I might be crazy but my world clock says its 9am there right now. Wouldn't that mean it will start on 6.5 hours or 2:30 am.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I might be crazy but my world clock says its 9am there right now. Wouldn't that mean it will start on 6.5 hours or 2:30 am.
    You're totally right - I'm an hour off! It would start at 2:35 AM, not 1:35. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    You're totally right - I'm an hour off! It would start at 2:35 AM, not 1:35. Thanks for catching my mistake!
    So it's an even later night!!

If I'm reading the PDF schedule correctly, the ladies' SP starts at 15:45 local time on Thursday 27. I think that translates to 6:45 am Thursday 27 EST.

I think it's an 13hr time difference. So 3:45pm(15:45 JPT) is 2:45am EST

Custom Title
    For EST it is -13 h difference. As the first group starts at 4 pm in Sataima, Japan, that would be 3 a.m on the Eastern coast.

Custom Title
    I have a feeling that Gracie could win this competition. Just my feeling

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippuripihvi View Post
    And now I want Gracie to fail just because I can't stand this praising any more. Please, stop! I like Gracie's style and I don't want to start hating her just because someone is pitching her in her every post. Is Gracie's team paying you or what?

And saying that Yulia is going downwards? Really? She's 3 years younger than Gracie and has plenty room to grow. The same is true for Gracie.

But, please, stop this Gracie worshipping thing you are doing.
    did I say I want Julia to fail ? I still like Julia btw
    Im talking about their longevity and their season when I said going downwards

Gracie is on an upward trend for the season
    and Julia was a bit exhausted at the Olympics, she even said on the interview

anyways good luck to all girls

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    My money is still on Julia. Maybe she was exhausted after the Olympics but she's 15. She can probably recover quicker than the rest. and if she nails I see the judges being all over that, fairly or not. She is still one of the most consistent skaters out there. Gracie, not so much. It's easy to forget because her results have been so good this season but I feel like I have yet to see her put together two perfect programs, even at nationals. So yeah, Gracie could win, but against her competition, it would certainly help if she were capable of two mistake-free programs.

I'm rooting for Mao and I can't wait to see her but it's impossible to deny the inconsistency of her 3a. And Caro, she is my favorite in the competition, along with Mao, but who knows with her.

Rinkside
    I think Yulia will find herself on the podium as long as she skates clean. Gracie has a good chance of winning the bronze, the scoring at Sochi was very foreshadowing. The judges have dumped Ashley and are now looking at Gracie to be the next American "It Girl." If Frank was able to keep her in 4th after a fall, I think she'll be getting very high scores at worlds.

I think the podium will be some combination of Mao, Carolina, Julia, and Gracie. Realistically, the favorites for gold will be Carolina and Julia, with Mao either skating amazingly and taking gold or falling off the podium completely (perhaps bronze). Julia will be hungry for redemption, and Carolina has impressed me with her consistency and focus in the latter half of the season. I expect Gracie to put out relatively clean performances, but where she lands will depend on the other three.

On another note, since when is Anna Ovcharova skating for Switzerland?? I still remember her JGP and JW days...

If Anna and Yulia deliver and Russia secures three spots and with Caro and maybe Mao retired could we see a Russian sweep next year? Yulia,Adelina, and Elena? This came to me while driving home from the rink while listening to Elena's SP song(NERO by Two Steps From Hell). I wouldn't be surprised one bit. There were four of them at GPF already this year.

I'm also interested to see how Anna and Polina match up. It's only one event but it could be very telling.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippuripihvi View Post
    And now I want Gracie to fail just because I can't stand this praising any more. Please, stop! I like Gracie's style and I don't want to start hating her just because someone is pitching her in her every post. Is Gracie's team paying you or what?

And saying that Yulia is going downwards? Really? She's 3 years younger than Gracie and has plenty room to grow. The same is true for Gracie.

But, please, stop this Gracie worshipping thing you are doing.
    I think she is a comic relief. Harmless as long as she doesn't start bashing other skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    I bought the facade for awhile but it's clear that he/she isn't a Gracie fan. No true fan would attempt to bring such constant negative attention onto their fave. It's an anti in disguise, and I'm pretty sure their fave is Julia. If you read their non-Gracie posts, they maintain an air of realism and cynicism about other skaters, yet magically when it comes to Gracie that changes to nonsensical "optimism" (if you can even call it that). FAKE.
    Don't forget the coincidence (or should I say correlation) between their scores at Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8in View Post
    That's actually my main point in favor of Gracie/against Yulia. Gracie is in great athletic shape, in an adult woman's body. You can see she's hard as a rock. So I think she has more potential longevity. Like I would bet more on her being able to peak at the next Olympics tham most of the other female skaters on the scene right now.
    Anna Pogoxxxx (can't remember to spell her last name, sorry) has a body of 25 yr old and she's 15. Check her out. I hope she doesn't grow too big. Like Elene..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    compare that to some non Japanese skaters like say Osmond who bombs outside of home ice
    Right! You almost make it sound like Kaetlyn has no international wins and Gracie has many of them.... oh, wait. *cough* NEBELHORN *cough*

Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast