2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Short Program

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well here's hoping she ends up at Skate America because that means I might get to see her in person.

Well sure, because I mean Yulia already has a car and and Mao has a plane, so Oprah-like presents had to go up a notch. ;)

I'd make the drive for that. And I could square up my SkyWay Toll debt:slink:[

BounceAround

On the Ice
Well sure, because I mean Yulia already has a car and and Mao has a plane, so Oprah-like presents had to go up a notch. ;)

My Oprah analogy wasn't very good. I thought all the ladies deserved PB scores, so there weren't any "presents" involved.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've checked with the bots and they're fine with Yuna being a jumping elephant. :p

"Yuliatrons" don't appreciate or use insults. When I watch her skate it makes me love the sport more and in turn all the other skaters. Is that really so weird??

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My Oprah analogy wasn't very good. I thought all the ladies deserved PB scores, so there weren't any "presents" involved.

Oh I know..I didn't think they were gifted, I just wanted an excuse to refer to Yulia and Mao's transportation options. :laugh:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Julia is 5'2'' and Anna is 5'3", so is Akiko. Julia is only 5" shorter than Caro.

She is like 6 inches shorter than most the girls. If she could get as high as those girls they'd have to give her +4's. She goes big enough to fully rotate and have amazing flow but to each their own. I can respect your taste. You have to admit its hard to compare Yulia to the rest because she is a whole different approach. To me its refreshing to you it's subpar. Oh well. YMMV

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia is 5'2'' and Anna is 5'3", so is Akiko. Julia is only 5" shorter than Caro.

Lol. Thx.

I like Yulia's jumps better than both Anna and Akiko but that certainly doesn't mean they are better. That's up to the judges. I know where I stand! You're welcome anytime.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
It seems I'm gonna have to watch skating thru the cleavage of a huge pair of hooters called Ana. And she's waiting for me to answer the phone, too! I'm trying to watch here, ring later!!!

Ohlordhavemercy, now I get the "mammary-obsessed" post! LOLOLOLOL.....

:rofl:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
We got a little loopey last night!!

Group 5 put some of us over the top.

tried watching the Moscow feed for ice dance tonight and ran into a few more of Ana's friends -- mail order brides, also extremely well-endowed. Gave up b/c one of the commentators wouldn't shut up. He was downright rude; wonder if he realized how much he was yakking.

Off topic for ladies' thread but finally got a chance to see James/Cipiers LP tonight. Something about those two just charms the daylights out of me. Looking forward to seeing them progress. But yikes, that fall! Hope she's OK -- it hurt just to watch it.

Heading to YT to catch up on Polina et al. Good night, all!

I started out loopy but am now just plain flutzy... :slink:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
LOL at the Yuna fans trying desperately to smear Asada's performance. What I find amusing is her deranged fans don't know is that Yuna's record included an extra spiral sequence worth 4 or 5 points. Remove that and her Vancouver score would fall below 75+ points like her Sochi SP. Fact is Yuna would have never come close to her WR this quad and never break her own WR. Even the PCS Queen Kostner with very generous GOE's was still more than a point back to Yuna's score. Unless an even greater PCS queen arrives with even more generous GOE's Asada's record is safe.

chalk5

Match Penalty
QUESTION EVERYONE!

I have a question on Akiko. When I first saw her, I thought she was part of ice dance etc., but not to make fun of her age or anything, but she is 28! I don't understand why she keeps skating when she knows that her country already has so many better skaters like Mao herself. I mean doesn't all the training and competition cost a bundle for these atheletes and I don't thinks she is a celebrity famous like Mao where she gets endorsements either. That really confused me.

CarneAsada

Medalist
QUESTION EVERYONE!

I have a question on Akiko. When I first saw her, I thought she was part of ice dance etc., but not to make fun of her age or anything, but she is 28! I don't understand why she keeps skating when she knows that her country already has so many better skaters like Mao herself. I mean doesn't all the training and competition cost a bundle for these atheletes and I don't thinks she is a celebrity famous like Mao where she gets endorsements either. That really confused me.
"So many better skaters" .... ? Like who? Suzuki happened to win Japanese Nationals this year. If you can do that when you're 28, why not keep going?

Meoima

Match Penalty
QUESTION EVERYONE!

Suzuki is a very good skater, elegant and sometimes she is more stable than Mao. Caro is 27 already but she still compete and got a bonze at Olympic. So what's the problem?

I don't think there are many skaters who are better than Akiko, actually, chalk5. She didn't do that well at the Olympics, but in the past few years she has had some beautiful competitions. One test of a skater's quality is whether she has fans from other countries as well as her own. Akiko is popular all over the skating world. Her gifts are unique, and many of us find her lovely to watch.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't think there are many skaters who are better than Akiko, actually, chalk5. She didn't do that well at the Olympics, but in the past few years she has had some beautiful competitions. One test of a skater's quality is whether she has fans from other countries as well as her own. Akiko is popular all over the skating world. Her gifts are unique, and many of us find her lovely to watch.

Count me a fan. At her best she just radiates joy.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
LOL at the Yuna fans trying desperately to smear Asada's performance. What I find amusing is her deranged fans don't know is that Yuna's record included an extra spiral sequence worth 4 or 5 points. Remove that and her Vancouver score would fall below 75+ points like her Sochi SP. Fact is Yuna would have never come close to her WR this quad and never break her own WR. Even the PCS Queen Kostner with very generous GOE's was still more than a point back to Yuna's score. Unless an even greater PCS queen arrives with even more generous GOE's Asada's record is safe.

Kind of an empty argument, Since the spiral sequence was eliminated for EVERYONE, But PCS have risen since then too,
And have you not seen male skaters smashing the former world records with one less footwork sequence ?
Yuna had high 8's when she got her WR, I assume had she skated great here she'd have gotten PCS closer to Kostner,
her 3z-3t would have been an advantage, But she usually gets a level 3 Layback, She'd probably have been right up there tight with the current top 2 somewhere (had she skated in the final 2 groups with them).

And i don't agree Asada's record is that safe, Sadly,
Would've been if she got a bit more for PCS like you could see she hoped for in the K&C :scowl:

Ophelia

Record Breaker

How is your smearing Kim's Vancouver WR any different from the Yuna fans smearing Mao's WR?

Pot, meet kettle.