2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Exactly, they lost before even entering the comp. But the shape they were in was not a good sign, so probably a smart decision even though it did not paid off in the long run. I suspect that they would have probably lost to S/K as well.

As V/T should have...

whatif

Medalist
However you are wrong that S/K beat them twice.

Yes, you are right. They beat them ONCE.I stay corrected.

However still not a good sign and outlook to lose to basically a junior team in their first-second year.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think that element it's important for Pairs though. Unison and timing? Not very easy to do a good seq..

Good point, but the sequence is FAR more difficult to execute -- I mean, it's two triples in a row with not many steps separating them. And of course, the unison and timing of a 3T in sequence, as in the jumps and the steps between them in series, also has to be there.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
However you are wrong that S/K beat them twice.

Although it is a silly concept, but technically isnt a WD mid event for anyone a last place finish? So if that is so S&S would have lost to everyone at Europeans, and thus lost to S&K twice. Although in a practical sense still silly, atleast V&T you can say they were 7 points back already when they WD.

Alba

Record Breaker
(And thanks V/T for not showing up. :laugh: They'd've won with a fall even most likely)

S&S have won many titles with a fall as well. It happens in figure skating when you have a good lead in the SP.
Don't eat your heart out.

UnChosen

On the Ice
I am somehow doubtful about S/H prospects. They are getting worth technically. P/Z and Y/J are already on the same level in PCS and TES.

Does anyone know if any of the Canadians are retiring?

S/H are losing major points because their SBS jumps are not secure. To be honest none of the Chinese pairs since Shen/Zhao have secure SBS. Y/J is showing the same problems in their SBS jumps with the Yu growing taller, they haven't been able to land their SBS jumps completely clean for most of this season.

The Chinese urgently needs to get their pair ladies into some kind of weight training jump program or something like that. It seems that after Shen/Zhao none of the ladies in Chinese pairs can get any lift in their single jumps.

This could be S/S's last world. :cry: With P/T gone they're the last interesting veteran left. :cry: Hope they find some way to stay.

auser

Record Breaker
They are truly the Michelle Kwan of pairs. Other than maybe Kim, nobody since the inception of CoP has been so dominant... in any discipline.
Funny, Michelle Kwan popped into my mind during this S/S discussion. Thanks for expressing it CSG:yes:

Iscariot

On the Ice
Does it matter who beat who and when? Seriously you get stock from things in the past. Point here is S/S are World Champions again =)

whatif

Medalist
Does it matter who beat who and when? Seriously you get stock from things in the past. Point here is S/S are World Champions again =)

Exactly, the fans are so defensive by saying that somehow winning 10 worlds is better than winning olymic gold when they should be just celebrating without belittling others.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
S&S have won many titles with a fall as well. It happens in figure skating when you have a good lead in the SP.
Don't eat your heart out.

Hmmmm, eating my heart out sounds very untasty and unsanitary.

I was just stating that V/T could've had an easy 2nd worlds if they just showed up this year. This was easily their best chance at a definite WC regardless of how the rest of the competition did. The judges have them a full tier above everyone else so they could've messed up a bunch and probably still won.

Them not showing up meant that S/S could win so thanks V/T!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
S/H are losing major points because their SBS jumps are not secure. To be honest none of the Chinese pairs since Shen/Zhao have secure SBS. Y/J is showing the same problems in their SBS jumps with the Yu growing taller, they haven't been able to land their SBS jumps completely clean for most of this season.

The Chinese urgently needs to get their pair ladies into some kind of weight training jump program or something like that. It seems that after Shen/Zhao none of the ladies in Chinese pairs can get any lift in their single jumps.

This could be S/S's last world. :cry: With P/T gone they're the last interesting veteran left. :cry: Hope they find some way to stay.

I thought Y/J were their best future hope. After the last 2 world juniors I am not as sure on them either.

whatif

Medalist
Hmmmm, eating my heart out sounds very untasty and unsanitary.

I was just stating that V/T could've had an easy 2nd worlds if they just showed up this year. This was easily their best chance at a definite WC regardless of how the rest of the competition did. The judges have them a full tier above everyone else so they could've messed up a bunch and probably still won.

Them not showing up meant that S/S could win so thanks V/T!

But they also did not because maybe they were afraid they could lose. That's why my previous comment about the Olympic medalists who show up for Worlds needs some extra recognition. It's not easy, ask Stolbova.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Exactly, the fans are so defensive by saying that somehow winning 10 worlds is better than winning olymic gold when they should be just celebrating without belittling others.

Nobody is belittling others. People are saying that in spite of not having the OGM, they will still have a place and legacy in pairs skating.