2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Shen\Zhao are Olympic Champions
Volosozhar\Trankov are Olympic Champions
Savchenko\Szolkovy are 5 time World champions

All are the greats from this era and will be remembered

I should think S\S and S\Z a little more so, Since they competed longer, But V\T might be coming back?

My personal favourites are S\S, Because of their innovations, Originality and dare, And i love their programs the most.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Aljona and Robin on becoming five-time world champions! It won't make up for not fulfilling their Olympic dream, but they can retire on a high note and know that they have helped to push the sport athletically and artistically (along of course with other top pairs like S/Z, P/T, K/S, V/T) in the last two quads.

I hope that S/K aren't too disappointed in the long run with their medal today, and that they will continue to improve. I see them as one of the major pairs dominating the next quad until they will take a very likely run at OGM 2018, and I hope they understand their potential and live up to it. They competed well and can become even better!

And kudos to both Canadian pairs as well, D/R on a second consecutive bronze, and MTM on placing third in the FS and taking a small bronze for themselves. Both teams have pushed each other and done well and I hope they continue to encourage their other teammates for Canada.

whatif

Medalist
Shen\Zhao are Olympic Champions
Volosozhar\Trankov are Olympic Champions
Savchenko\Szolkovy are 5 time World champions

All are the greats from this era and will be remembered

I should think S\S and S\Z a little more so, Since they competed longer, But V\T might be coming back?

My personal favourites are S\S, Because of their innovations, Originality and dare, And i love their programs the most.

I think all three of them had something different. S/S were creative but technically always error ridden and often sloppy, not the text book quality.
S/Z had the most involving and emotive skating. But to me lacked the complexity.
V/T are all about power and quality of the elements. But needs some more interesting material. I hope that they achieved all of it, they can relax and give us some memorable programmes as they can.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Congrats. You've managed to alienate one of the absolutely nicest people on these boards in less than a month. Not a record I would like to have, but I guess you go with what you got.

Wow, does that qualify for a Guinness record? Actually I'd like a Guinness.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Good Morning! I just woke up and thought "should I check the result? Or not?" But I'm so glad I did and I'm so happy for S/S. :love: They are a legend! Well done. I'm so happy they can end their very impressive career on a high note.

And some people should just take their negativity elsewhere. Honestly, this makes goldenskate which I really enjoyed for as long as I've been here such a bitter and sad place... I hope it is just the afterwaves of the Olympics and people will be back to normal in the next season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week!

Now let's get back to the business at hand: the protocols!!! ;)

Wow, is that a good idea? Up until the Italians, it really felt like a Cursed Ice competition. I'm just thrilled that S/S go out in style. They deserve nothing less.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good Morning! I just woke up and thought "should I check the result? Or not?" But I'm so glad I did and I'm so happy for S/S. :love: They are a legend! Well done. I'm so happy they can end their very impressive career on a high note.

And some people should just take their negativity elsewhere. Honestly, this makes goldenskate which I really enjoyed for as long as I've been here such a bitter and sad place... I hope it is just the afterwaves of the Olympics and people will be back to normal in the next season.

:agree:

Hope you are celebrating big in Germany, MaiKatze! :)

anyanka

Record Breaker
Wow, is that a good idea? Up until the Italians, it really felt like a Cursed Ice competition. I'm just thrilled that S/S go out in style. They deserve nothing less.

Well I wouldn't go through them myself, I suck at math. But I'm sure someone else on the boards will!
Agreed with you on S/S, wonderful team and I'll miss them.
I hope Aljona is either satisfied skating with a new partner, or looks back on her career with pride and joy, just like those of us who've enjoyed them for the last decade.
They are supreme athletes and beautiful artists.