Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: 2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    I don't think they look like twins but they have a lot in common. Both ladies were born in Ukraine and both ladies skated with Stanislav Morozov.

Aliona skated with Morozov representing Ukraine. They won the World Jr. Chapmionship in 2000. 2000 and 2001 they were
    Ukraine National Champs and represented Ukraine at the 2002 Olympics. I am not sure exactly when Aliona
    got together with Robin.

Tatiana skated with Morozov from 2004-2010 representing Ukraine then she got togehter
    with Max and now represents Russia. Morozov is still involved as a coach to Tatiana and Max.
    Aljona got together with Robin in 2003 after Ingo Steuer arranged a meeting via Email between the two. Since then they have been skating as a pair. In longevity, Aljona & Robin have broken a record as well. In pairs it is quite rare to skate that long together. The Protopopovs were another example for longevity and success.

Tatiana V. looks more like Ksenia Makarova or Caitlin Yankowskas. Aliona doesn't really look like anyone else, she has unique eyes. If she dyed her hair brown instead she would look nothing like Volosozhar.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    and yes, true that many former skaters become overweight, as most people do in their 40s and 50s, but Artur D has taken it to a new level.

and Ingo S has stayed slim and so handsome!
    Dumb question here, but are you guys talking about Artur Dmietriev?? One of my favs----where are you seeing him?

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Congrats. You've managed to alienate one of the absolutely nicest people on these boards in less than a month. Not a record I would like to have, but I guess you go with what you got.
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Congratulations to Aljona and Robin on becoming five-time world champions! It won't make up for not fulfilling their Olympic dream, but they can retire on a high note and know that they have helped to push the sport athletically and artistically (along of course with other top pairs like S/Z, P/T, K/S, V/T) in the last two quads.

And kudos to both Canadian pairs as well, D/R on a second consecutive bronze, and MTM on placing third in the FS and taking a small bronze for themselves. Both teams have pushed each other and done well and I hope they continue to encourage their other teammates for Canada.
    I was hoping that Kirsten & Dylan would medal on the podium too. I am trying to stay "unspoiled," as we are DVRing Universal Sports coverage, but since our American pairs weren't shown on the broadcast of the free skate, how did they do, and where did they place?

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    I was hoping that Kirsten & Dylan would medal on the podium too. I am trying to stay "unspoiled," as we are DVRing Universal Sports coverage, but since our American pairs weren't shown on the broadcast of the free skate, how did they do, and where did they place?
    Hi...didn't see any replies to your question, so...

Castelli/Shnapir -- 11th
    Zhang/Bartholomay -- 14th

Pairs is actually my favorite discipline, so I keep wishing for a US pair (or 2...or 3) who can really challenge for the podium. Wanting to see a US pair w/ medals around their necks feels like being a RedSox fan pre 2004! Still, have been really enjoying the Canadians, as well as James/Cipiers (sp).

^ Thank you. skatedreamer! Maybe NBC will show their their recap on 4/13, but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to check out icenetwork.com for them (I much prefer watching all of the competition on a bigger TV screen).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YagsFan View Post
    Dumb question here, but are you guys talking about Artur Dmietriev?? One of my favs----where are you seeing him?
    Alas, yes. I gather he is taking part in Worlds, but since I haven't seen any of the footage, I just went to Google Images and found some photos there. He was and still is a fave of mine, one of the great pair skaters ever, but his looks have coarsened considerably.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Actually someone did an article about it! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rom-the-office
    That is AWESOME.

Artur Dmitriev is currently coaching the pair Antipova/Maisuradze which got 8th place here. So he was seen in the kiss 'n cry with them.

On the Ice
    thanks for your answers, re: Artur Dmitriev, DianaSelene and Olympia. I'm watching Worlds via Universal Sports, so am not seeing all the participants, like Antipova/Maisuradze (are they Russians?). I did look up those pics on Google, Olympia, "coarsened" looks is probably generous, lol! Oh well, I don't care----he was still to die for as a pair skater

Custom Title
    Yes, I've seen A. Dimitriev in kiss and cry with the skaters he was coaching. Yes he is a big guy, and he gained more weight, but he wasn't on the thin side not even when he was competing, especially at the end of his career. I always wondered how was he able to jump that 3T...

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22