2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
MT/M should be about 20000 points ahead of B/L after that--and it wasn't as good as it was at the Olympics. But thank heavens--a clean performance where I wasn't worried someone would end up in the hospital.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
MT and M were FABULOUS! So happy for them. Their lifts are really great. and they have nice sparkle and chemistry.

and now we have Daddy and Daughter on the ice . . .

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
B and L just can't do the jumps; they are done. K and S can beat them - more chemistry; harder tricks. As for ARtur he has always had a tendency to be heavy. He smokes an likes his vodka too.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You're welcome:) Thank you for the info about PJ Kwong. I've read some of her interviews previously, but did not realize what a nice voice she has. I'm a bit out of the loop about the "Mac & Cheese" reference and having enjoyed your witty posts, I'm wondering what I'm missing:laugh:.

She did an interview about Marlie and Voir where she compared Voir to a "fine wine" and Marlie to "macaroni and cheese." When she was called on it--as she bloody well should be--she tried to pass it off with "oh but mac & cheese is basic and comfort food." No, no, no insult here. And I thought, let's compare your kids to "mac & chesse" and other kids to "fine wine" and see how YOU feel. So she will always be PJ 'Mac & Cheese' Kwong to me.

Thank you for the compliment. You can't take all this TOO seriously. Just look at some of the tacky costumes--this is High Art AND Higher Kitsch (which is probably why I love it!).

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
B and L just can't do the jumps; they are done. K and S can beat them - more chemistry; harder tricks. As for ARtur he has always had a tendency to be heavy. He smokes an likes his vodka too.

Thanks for confirming that about Artur. He looks like he's lived hard and beaten up his body as a result. Sad. He was so handsome, although you're right that he did always fight his weight.

samson

Medalist
I wonder if we'll see MT and M go up in PCS over the next season? With the fall from Peng and Zhang I've got to imagine they're going to pull ahead of them.

I'm also realizing just how empty this arena is for the pairs free. It really felt like not much momentum was built during MT and M's skate in the arena and that must be why. Just reminds me that Japan really is all about the mens and ladies.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Peng and Zhang are skating to the Yellow River Concerto
quad twist to open
Peng falls on the sbs 3toe combo
shaky double axels sbs
good unison on the sbs spin
pair combination spin which reverses - nice spin variations
good throw triple loop
good save on the throw triple saldhow
Group three lift - a little wobbly
Forward inside death spiral - very low
Group 5 backward lasso lift
Group 5 axel lasso lift with an adagio and a roll dismount
elegant skating from Peng and Zhang in spite of the error

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not Peng and Zhang's best performance, but I must say I've really come to enjoy them this season!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Yes the arena isn't full, the Pairs got stuck in the early hours,

Am i weird for liking this pair more than the Zhangs ?

I feel like there's a lot of good work around them and nice choices with their style

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
P/Z were "nice," but that didn't have the magic their SP had. And as much as I like A/M, he could pass for her daddy at the moment.

Effykc

Spectator
Artur may be heavier, it has always been a struggle. But frankly skaters like most other people gain weight with the years. Look at the former skaters turned coaches: Orser, Pretenko, Sjulin etc. That life and giving up a grueling training regime.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes the arena isn't full, the Pairs got stuck in the early hours,

Am i weird for liking this pair more than the Zhangs ?

I feel like there's a lot of good work around them and nice choices with their style

Nope. I like them a lot too! I think it helps that Peng has some personality.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker

Well, he looks like he has swallowed both Mishkutenok and Kazakova.