2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Pairs Free Skating

Becki

Medalist
I have a feeling the Chinese will land on the podium (lol). They are very cute and talented.

samson

Medalist
Let's hope this group BRINGS IT.

On a very shallow note I'm a little bummed Ksenia's not in a ponytail tonight. I loved that look on her and I thought it worked for this program, but I'll just be happy if they skate it clean tonight. I can't deny they kind of stole my heart in Sochi.

whatif

Medalist
they are saying it's been nightmare for Russian team because of the weird schedule for Pairs and acclimatisation. Also they have been forced to sleep in the arena as the hotels are very far and hard to commute to. So, anything can happen.

auser

Record Breaker
She did an interview about Marlie and Voir where she compared Voir to a "fine wine" and Marlie to "macaroni and cheese." When she was called on it--as she bloody well should be--she tried to pass it off with "oh but mac & cheese is basic and comfort food." No, no, no insult here. And I thought, let's compare your kids to "mac & chesse" and other kids to "fine wine" and see how YOU feel. So she will always be PJ 'Mac & Cheese' Kwong to me.

Thank you for the compliment. You can't take all this TOO seriously. Just look at some of the tacky costumes--this is High Art AND Higher Kitsch (which is probably why I love it!).
Aaaha and I agree with you. Thanks for filling me in.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Savchenko & Szolkowy are skating to The Nutcracker
Easy 3flip throw to open
3toe / 3toe sequence
backward outside death spiral with hand hold change
change foot combination spin - excellent unison
choreo sequence with pair spirals and a mini lift
excellent triple twist
both skaters single the axel sbs
group 5 reverse lasso lift
inventive group 4 lift
pair combination spin - inventive spin positions
group 5 axel lasso lift with adago variation
3 salchow throw to finish
Gorgeous balletic performance gets a standing ovation from the appreciative audience

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow that was magical! LOVED IT. Great job Robin and Aliona! Too bad about the single axel...but that was a great program...only wished they did this in Sochi...

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Well, Robin threw out about 3 points on the double axle, But they have that to spare, And then some

A performance of pure class, A deserving win, A Fabulous end to a royal career, Landing in the
second spot for most World wins ever, S\S congratulations on your 5th :) :) :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well, Robin threw out about 3 points on the double axle, But they have that to spare, And then some

A performance of pure class, A deserving win, A Fabulous end to a royal career, Landing in the
second spot for most World wins ever, S\S congratulations on your 5th :) :) :)

Not yet, there's still three couples to go!

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Shame about the 2Axel. Guess I'll have to go back to the GPF for their best skate of this program.

But well done! Hope they win, but there are still 3 teams left.

Thanks for the memories S/S.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I LOVED that from S & S. Magical, balletic, and filled with emotion. Robin singled his axel but otherwise a wonderful end to their amazing career. I will miss them so much!!!