Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Hybrid View

Rinkside

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Just read on sports.ru that WC2014 is going to be the last competition for Elena and Nikita as a team. The article also claims that he will pair up with Victoria Sinitsina. Could this be true? I really don't know what to think...

Quote Originally Posted by ilmiom View Post
    Just read on sports.ru that WC2014 is going to be the last competition for Elena and Nikita as a team. The article also claims that he will pair up with Victoria Sinitsina. Could this be true? I really don't know what to think...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would they do it WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

It's not even that I am a huge fan of them (though I am a fan) but it just makes no SENSE. They are just now starting to be SUCCESSFUL, that is not the time to break up.

Banned
    Wow, that is a bombshell. The other teams around the world will be jumping up and down with joy is that is true.

can you please link to the article? I am on sports.ru now and don't see anything about this.

ETA: Never mind all, found it. It's here if you speak russian or if you want to deal with a very bad google translation http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...158954652.html

Rinkside
    This news has already leaked to a couple of major Russian sports sites :( And to be honest it doesn't seem like a rumour

Medalist
    I didn't see that coming. I am shocked, as someone already posted they have just started being successfull. I thought they would be the ones to watch for the next quad!

Banned
    I wonder whose choice it was. If it was Nikita's then he is crazy. Does he actually believe he will do better with Victoria S. than with Elena. Maybe he just cant stand putting up with Elena and Morozov anymore though. That is a tough combination of people to deal with 24/7.

Rinkside
    According to the article, an unknown source claims that "WC will be I/K's last competition together. After the championships Nikita will pair up with Victoria Sinitsina. They will train under Nikolai Morozov. The Russian Figure Skating Federation is going to confirm it after the WC". That's pretty much all it says :(
    http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...158954652.html

Custom Title
    Very sad to see this partnership end. Didn't they split up once before and then get back together again? I'm glad they at least got on the podium in Sochi.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    My verdict if Elena and Nikita are splitting:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My verdict if Victoria and Ruslan are splitting:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I know people have been saying for a long time that something needs to change for Elena and Nikita, and I tend to agree. But I would rather they tried a different coach than different partners.

OK, so I admit that don't like Morozov as a person. So, I am probably biased against him. But, I will try to look at this from a neutral standpoint.

As I have said before when this discussion has cropped up, it is much easier to adjust to a new coach than it is to adjust to a new partner. With a new coach, it would probably take a couple of weeks to get used to them. But with a new partner, it could take months or years to get comfortable.

If you try a different coach and it doesn't work out, you can always put your tail between your legs and go back to your old coach. Or keep trying different coaches until you find one that is right.

But, if you change partner and it doesn't work out, it is much harder to go back, as your old partner will have found somebody else as well.

But splitting up Victoria and Ruslan as well. This is what is REALLY angering me. They are one of the most talented, promising young partnerships out there at the moment. And on top of that, they actually look good together. This partnership has everything we want in a Dance couple. How often does that happen?!

And, if this is true, who is Ruslan going to dance with?! His sister?! (Sorry, I jest)

Is it going to be a direct swap, with Ruslan teaming up with Elena? Or are we going to see a domino effect across the Ice Dance circuit?

Personally, I don't fancy either prospect.

PLEASE KEEP THESE 2 PARTNERSHIPS TOGETHER!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY would they do it WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

It's not even that I am a huge fan of them (though I am a fan) but it just makes no SENSE. They are just now starting to be SUCCESSFUL, that is not the time to break up.
    I feel the same way. They are so young and could be gold medal contenders in 2018. But Elena is so good looking and a media darling and perhaps her photo shoots etc. bothered him. I don't know. But there is no reason for them to break up unless they are tired of each other or have personality conflicts. The Russian Federation must be disappointed by this. Hopefully they will each get good partners and become good ice dance teams separated from each other.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I just can't keep track of who is skating with who!

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    I just can't keep track of who is skating with who!

It's more complicated than The Bold and Beautiful where I couldn't keep track of who was sleeping with who.

Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    What the hell goes through your head? She's only allowed to have skating friends? She trained/trains in Novogorsk, which is where the national rhythmic gymnastics team trains, all of whom are approximately her age - she's not allowed to speak to them? What is your problem?! Why do you care who she's friends with?
    Karolina Sevastyanova (a good friend of hers and a member of the 2012 Olympic gold medal winning group) is almost exactly her age, they've likely known each other for a while if they've both trained in Novogorsk, they both live in Moscow, they're both high-ranking national team members (although Sevastyanova has retired) - is there a law against two teenagers being friends?
    Yep. Apparently people are not allowed to have friends outside their working environment. Unless of course you are called Gracie Gold.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    At this point it might just be easier to make a list of couples who are staying together. I don't think the list would be that long!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    I wondered if the following scenario was a possibility: Russian Fed approved I/Z but not S/K, due to how it went down and the mess of a media storm it's created. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast