Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 132 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsfan

On the Ice
I am curious. In TAT interview, she said she had not seen I/Z yet and only praised "I" as great dancer. Is TAT not much interested in I/Z? thinking that they are not special or are the ones casted out? If she wants, she can visit their training easily, right? S/K skated a show program recently. What's the SD that TT talked about?

tulosai

Record Breaker
No, the link I posted shown exactly the same lift - the one where she stands with her blades on his chest or stomach or God knows where exactly the blades are, he is holding her and she is standing up facing completely away from him (and someone is skating there to catch her if it went wrong).

The lift where is stands on his leg facing to the side is another lift but not the one I meant. You are looking at the wrong link.

Is there a particular reason why you ignored the ETA last line of my post? It was ETA literally seconds after I posted, so it's not like you didn't see it all these hours later. In the link posted (I guess by you, I didn't go back now to check), they are rehearsing 2 lifts if you watch the whole clip of the training session. One is identical, yes. The other isn't. There was only one link I saw posted, so I was looking at the right link- the only one.

I don't mean for this to sound difficult, but I legitimately don't know why you posted this when I edited hours ago to say yes, one of the lifts is identical.

sisinka

Final Flight
I am curious. In TAT interview, she said she had not seen I/Z yet and only praised "I" as great dancer. Is TAT not much interested in I/Z? thinking that they are not special or are the ones casted out? If she wants, she can visit their training easily, right? S/K skated a show program recently. What's the SD that TT talked about?

Translation of part of Tarasova’s article from 17th of June is here…
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...rova-Deputat&p=4281164&viewfull=1#post4281164

She is big player like always. She makes nice notices about Nikita and Vika, but mainly she praises Zueva. She says that Nikita and Vika worked a lot and the result is seen, but she avoides some straight praises to them. She describes Nikita like “an amazing skater with great promise and desire to become a good partner“…Tarasova says that for her the best partner is the one who leads his partner (but sooner she refused to take Nikita like the best dancer or like great dancer – she talkes about Nikita’s skating not dancing - she appreciates his qualities like a skater – technician, but not one word about being good dancer and good presenter of his lady). So Tarasova visibly don’t agree with Zueva’s opinion about Nikita being the best dancer on the world. Despite the fact that Tarasova likes Zueva so much like she told, she pronounce a wish to see a real Russian soul in B&S’s skating (while Zueva describes S&K like skaters with Russian soul). There is Tarasova’s note about Flamenco SD for Vika & Nikita, she saw the dance at practise before The Gala at the end of May, but once again Tarasova told that the DANCE is very good, she didn’t tell that the couple skates that dance very good. Of course those are just nuances, but if anybody is expert on such little differences and speaking between the words than it is Tarasova.

To I&Z, somebody at Russian Board noticed that Tarasova already saw their Paso Doble (probably Paso Doble steps) and liked it. Maybe it was not true. Or maybe the reporter asked about the dances, and Tarasova answered in meaning that she didn’t see their dances – new programs yet (the couple created FD with Averbukh just before the vacations as I remember, and SD was made at training camp in Liepae just few days ago).
Tarasova helped I&K more seasons, so she knows Lena very well. Tatiana’s notice about Lena: “If her character allows her to be patient with new hard workload“ only supports the idea that Lena didn’t show her best at practises in past years.

Tarasova’s dislike to Sinitsina & Zhiganshin lasts for long, I would say that it was already there in their junior years. Mainly in 2011/12 when Sinitsina & Zhiganshin beat Stepanova & Bukin at every competition where the couples met. Tarasova always supported Ivan Bukin so much, she even spoke about Ivan at Olympics while she criticised Vika & Ruslan, she wanted to send Bukin at post Olympics Worlds because like she somewhere noted there will be missing some couples, so it will be better/easier to make a name than at Olympics or Europeans.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
The poster who said TAT saw I&Z's paso doble is usually full of sh!t. She has been saying the reason why Zhulin's group isn't going to training camps is because he got married even though he's been married to Mikhailova for a while.

elif

Medalist
Ooo there is old Swan lift too.:cool: Elena really looks more in control than before.:cool: But I'm curious where they will use this lift? They can choose combination lift but that option leaves only one short lift to perform in free dance. Of course good combo lift can get a lot of GOE, more than two short lifts. :thumbsup: If this is a free dance lift, than other new lift is definitely for short dance because both times Elena doing difficult entry which against the rules. (only count for one time)

Alba

Record Breaker
Tatiana’s notice about Lena: “If her character allows her to be patient with new hard workload“ only supports the idea that Lena didn’t show her best at practises in past years.

Which is quite different from "Elena is lazy". Not being patient and being lazy are two different things completely.
So Nikita was not a good leader. Elena was not patient and they split. Good riddance.
Can we move on now and stop with all this talk about what I&K did or didn't do in the practice 2 years ago?

Alba

Record Breaker
I am curious. In TAT interview, she said she had not seen I/Z yet and only praised "I" as great dancer. Is TAT not much interested in I/Z? thinking that they are not special or are the ones casted out? If she wants, she can visit their training easily, right?

I think the interview is made when they were on vacation, as she said. Now they are training in Latvia so I don't think she can see them yet.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Which is quite different from "Elena is lazy". Not being patient and being lazy are two different things completely.
So Nikita was not a good leader. Elena was not patient and they split. Good riddance.
Can we move on now and stop with all this talk about what I&K did or didn't do in the practice 2 years ago?

Oh yes, its about time. I do hope that they can find a way to be on civil if not friendly terms in the future. She was on the verge of tears at the ball:cry:

Let each of them learn the necessary lessons and just move on:)

elif

Medalist
B/S will also be doing Carmen. I get a feeling that we may have more. Haha..:popcorn:http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/105-ekaterina-bobrova-dmitrij-solovev-iz-vsego-nado-izvlekat-plyusy.html Interesting.

You need a little ''fiery temperament'' to show Carmen. :think: Also short dance is very short with all those paso doble pattern, steps, lift and twizzles, I don't think there is much time to show character of the dance. Could be risky choice for some teams, of course I'm fully behind Elena Ilinykh and Anna Capellini. :party::points:

Meoima

Match Penalty
OMG are we going to have our fill of Carmen this season! Much as I love Carmen, this will be overkill :(
Nah, I love Carmen but if they could use other aria, not that Hanabera and Toreado, I would be very happy. What about the flower scene? Or the scene in which Carmen was told she will die? :p

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
OMG are we going to have our fill of Carmen this season! Much as I love Carmen, this will be overkill :(

Good lord. Really? For a sport that prides itself on creativity and originality, skating can get so homogenized by skaters/teams still having the same music choices.

I hope all the Carmen teams are in one flight and the judges/fans finally protest.

A world of music, and freaking Carmen again. After V/M modernized it, everything else will look so archaic in comparison.

I wonder how many teams/skaters roll their eyes when their coach says "so this is our Carmen season".

elif

Medalist
Why we should protest Carmen? We always watch entire ice dancers doing tango or waltz or latin as short dance. Most painful year for me is the 2011, where 20 teams skated Golden Waltz which taking half of the dance alone :eek: 5 teams doing Carmen is heaven for me considering other short dance alternatives. :no:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
It's better Carmen than Espana Cani, which almost all the dance couples used in 1996 when the paso was the OD

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Battle of the Carmens 2.0 :biggrin:
Who will be Debi Thomas? Who will be Katarina Witt? Will Sinitsina/Katsalapov - or someone else - sneak in a la Elizabeth Manley?
Tune in next season at Russian Nationals to find out answers to these questions and more!

Who will be Debi Thomas? Who will be Katarina Witt? Will Sinitsina/Katsalapov - or someone else - sneak in a la Elizabeth Manley?
Tune in next season at Russian Nationals to find out answers to these questions and more!

lmfao! :laugh: Killing me per usual!!! There are so many ID teams that have yet to announce their music choices that I am literally waiting for more people to have the same music (not necessarily "Carmen")....

Meoima

Match Penalty
Lena and Ruslan can do the Hanabera.
And B/S can do Carmen's death scene. Here: http://youtu.be/iN_X5CWQI98
Still Carmen but different scene. Or the duet between Don Jose and Micaela. :biggrin: could be better choice for B/S: http://youtu.be/0Yx9xZkXNW0
Or this one, they have many choices, it doesn't have to be just the Hanabera: http://youtu.be/Q5h_7ywjPPQ

Alba

Record Breaker
Status
Not open for further replies.