Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Look at Russian lifts in general, they are not the cream of the crop. This is one of the reasons voiced by Katsalapov for their exodus from Zhulin, the lack of experts in this area. The Americans and Canadians seem to have access to the more superior technicians in this regard. However the junior pair of Y/M in Kustarova's group were good. So there is hope for Ruslan, if he's able to improve strengthwise.

Mozgov amongst the tallest Russian Ice Dancer along with Soloviev
Ruslan is not !

uhh

Medalist
http://russia.tv/video/show/brand_id/5403/episode_id/980541/video_id/989854

Nothing new in this video, the commentator repeated only what Gorshkov said on Friday, that Viki and Nikita asked for allowing them to be a couple, they got time for tryout. Some sentences from Lena by phone, that she doesn't want to comment it. That is all.

My Russian is not very good so I might have misunderstood - did she really say "It's not official yet ?" I worry if she is thinking like this or somehow hoping that he will come back to her.

This discussion about who looks well with whom does bring up a question: Ice dance is more technical today than in the past, and there is great emphasis on equal skills for the partners. Shouldn't the first question in setting up a pair be which two skaters have equal potential, and ability to execute required elements, and only secondarily which 2 would look well together?

The long interview with Zoueva reminds me that in the day, many thought Meryl Davis was too short legged and was not pretty enough to succeed in ice dance. Marina, in the interview, pats herself on the back for seeing Meryl's potential and for changing the hair color and look of D&W. Moral: looks can be altered, but talent and willingness to work and attention to detail are harder to come by.

Doris - You are so right!! I know exactly which article you're speaking of; and I have to agree with Marina. She did well at transforming and using both D/W and V/M's strengths to their utmost. And the part about Meryl not being pretty enough is just so crazy. She's gorgeous - in a totally non-traditional way. Besides the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and some people have a beauty that is more than surface deep that just radiates.

I hate how in this thread Elena and Victoria's looks just keep getting picked apart. They're both extremely pretty girls in different ways. And the fact that Elena is getting called "fat" is funny imo - I can think of a few female ice dancers that have done well that definitely are her size or a little bigger. AND - If she's gained weight, it may be because she's getting a little older or it may be because she was under extreme stress and upset training in the situation she was in. Stress releases a hormone and can cause a perfectly normally thin girl to pack on the pounds.

I hope that Elena gets paired with someone that brings her and himself to their fullest potential. IMO, she just has pretty and technically good skills on the ice, so I'd love to see her be able to reach the success she could. (Granted, I think she needs to leave any diva-like tendencies at the door - but maybe with a new partner and/or coach this wouldn't be an issue. Crazier things have happened.)

bramweld

Record Breaker
True sky_fly20, however look at what H/B the junior champions were able to do, despite not have the best lifts or the ideal size differential. They are beautiful to watch and could be a force to be reckoned with. This is why the fed is treating S/K with kid gloves. They are trying to be as objective as possible and allow them themselves to come to the most sensible decision. Ice-dance outside of Russia is VERY strong now. So the fed is treading VERY carefully. This is why TAT is so mad, because Victoria and Nikita are making this a personal thing, it cannot be! I/K represented a significant investment to the fed. Essentially these two have spat in the face of their very federation, but they don't even have the brains to recognise this.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
True sky_fly20, however look at what H/B the junior champions were able to do, despite not have the best lifts or the ideal size differential. They are beautiful to watch and could be a force to be reckoned with. This is why the fed is treating S/K with kid gloves. They are trying to be as objective as possible and allow them themselves to come to the most sensible decision. Ice-dance outside of Russia is VERY strong now. So the fed is treading VERY carefully. This is why TAT is so mad, because Victoria and Nikita are making this a personal thing, it cannot be! I/K represented a significant investment to the fed. Essentially these two have spat in the face of their very federation, but they don't even have the brains to recognise this.

S/K are given a breathing room by given a few weeks to try out to see if they think their partnership is suited for them as reason for I/K break up is personal
its not just about lifts btw, H/B are lucky there one less lift next quad, just the right Cop for them even with Jean Luc being a midget in Ice Dance standards

Alba

Record Breaker
This discussion about who looks well with whom does bring up a question: Ice dance is more technical today than in the past, and there is great emphasis on equal skills for the partners. Shouldn't the first question in setting up a pair be which two skaters have equal potential, and ability to execute required elements, and only secondarily which 2 would look well together?

The long interview with Zoueva reminds me that in the day, many thought Meryl Davis was too short legged and was not pretty enough to succeed in ice dance. Marina, in the interview, pats herself on the back for seeing Meryl's potential and for changing the hair color and look of D&W. Moral: looks can be altered, but talent and willingness to work and attention to detail are harder to come by.

I agree with you, although more than looks I&K had that chemistry which I think will be hardly matched by both new couples.
Anyway, what do you think about I&Z?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agree with you, although more than looks I&K had that chemistry which I think will be hardly matched by both new couples.
Anyway, what do you think about I&Z?

I&Z will be like big sister skating with his little brother in the background, not good
see the Shib Shibs

elif

Medalist
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/701459

lol, oh well an article was written of how Katsalapov picked a new partner
it focuses on the attractiveness of Blonde Sinitsina vs Brunette Ilinykh
writes how Katsalapov is the envy he gets to choose

Sinitsina has dethroned Ilinykh as the most beautiful ?
the comments below are polarized

one comment said "A man becomes an adult when he begins to prefer brunette" :unsure:

They just wants to sell some papers.;) Elena's or Victoria's beauty not important. I did see how Ilinykh is selling horrible Ghost free dance or yankee polka folk dance or that latin short dance. :eek: Ilinykh will shine, even in badly choreographed programs.

I don’t like Bobrova’s posture which she has sometimes…like I don’t like Nikita’s head forward…why you and others criticise Bobrova and not Nikita – that is a mystery for me. What else don’t you like on Birds? Many people (probably you including) wrote that the program is ugly, ugly, ugly. Why? Bobrova’s posture? What else? Bad choice of music? But original music was different, with criticism of music – turn to Russian Federation and Tarasova who love so much to change Zhulin’s ideas. What else – dog‘s and bird‘s sound? But it is a bird story, what is so strange to hear bird‘s sound in it, when it is ABOUT BIRDS? And you never saw a bird’s reaction to dog’s bark, you never saw birds flying away when ANY LOUD SOUND is on? In what planet do you live then?
And what else do you want to criticise on that program? And forget about words like ugly, bad, strange etc. …explain it what EXACTLY you don’t like. Then we can talk about it.

WOW. This is a big improvement for you sisinka. Small criticism for Bobrova. :eek: Now you can write pages and pages about Elena Iliynkh's poor posture and I'm not going to say anything about it :laugh:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
WOW. This is a big improvement for you sisinka. Small criticism for Bobrova. :eek: Now you can write pages and pages about Elena Iliynkh's poor posture and I'm not going to say anything about it :laugh:

well for Sisinka, Bobrova has poor posture somtimes compared to Ilinykh's hunchback skating, :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
Ice-dance outside of Russia is VERY strong now. So the fed is treading VERY carefully. This is why TAT is so mad,

Indeed TAT is so right to be MAD. I'm really sorry to say this but the Russians have lost their chance to dominate this quad, so good news for the Canada and USA.
I agree with Sinitsyn when he says "It will be hard for both pairs to get to the top - they will have to start from the lowest groups in the international competitions, where every small mistake is costly."

Mattieu

Medalist
I agree with Sinitsyn when he says "It will be hard for both pairs to get to the top - they will have to start from the lowest groups in the international competitions, where every small mistake is costly."

Choc and Bates seem to have risen very quickly from nothing ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
I&Z will be like big sister skating with his little brother in the background, not good
see the Shib Shibs

The Shibs are brother and sister. It's totally different story because they need right programs. I&Z don't have that problem.
I do agree with you about Ruslan look, but then again Charlie White had the same look and he became WC and OGM. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Choc and Bates seem to have risen very quickly from nothing ;)

I'm not saying these new couples wouldn't work. What I'm saying is that it will take time and they lost their chance to dominate.
C&B are working together since 2011 and they have a good tech coach now like Igor. I can see them being established on the top with the Canadians. This is not the case with the new russians.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm not saying these new couples wouldn't work. What I'm saying is that it will take time and they lost their chance to dominate.
C&B are working together since 2011 and I can see them being established on the top with the Canadians. This is not the case with the new russians.

Bobrova / Soloviev will provide the buffer until 2016 or 2017 where we will see a bigger picture of the new couples

elif

Medalist
Both of them were Junior World Champions with other partners. Which would hardly qualify as "nothing."

Same as Ilinykh/Sinitsina/Katsalapov/Zhiganshin. Of course before the break up both teams were tied with Capellini/Lanotte at 2009/2010/2011 Worlds. Now Anna and Luca is world chanpions while Chock and Bates stick behind Weaver/Poje, Capelini/Lanotte and russians.

cebi26

On the Ice
Not only Elena was dumped by Nikita, doesn't now her future in skating but also now is beeing called fat? :no:

OrdinaryDreamer

Rinkside
I respected Nikita before this drama blew up, but now I'm honestly disgusted. No matter whom ends up paired with whom, Nikita has kind of screwed over everyone entangled in this mess by not confessing all this openly in the first place. He's putting all their futures as athletes for the next few years at risk, and that isn't fair to anyone involved.

Also, for everyone commenting about Elena's weight, it's been said before that Nikita has had trouble with lifts, and I've read somewhere that he has had some sort of back injury, which surely doesn't help with lifting anyone, no matter what their weight. It's not necessarily Elena's fault, so don't blame her for factors beyond her personal control.

Status
Not open for further replies.