Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 138 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The moulin rouge rumor was debunked by the wife of one of their off ice coaches

I didn't get that vibe anyway from Kustarova's first interview.

This season is gonna be pretty interesting. Shibs most recent work looks very engaging. They have simply come to accept that this style suits them best. Do we remember them in 2009, their JW FD to Cinema Paradiso was divine.

Barb

Record Breaker
https://vk.com/club68627811
There is a video from The Olympic Ball at the end of May (you must register to open it in new window or you can roll down and open the link in that front page at post from 31th of May). Figure skating award starts around 32 minute.

No official news from I&Z or S&K yet, only rumours, there was a speculation that I&Z can skate at Moulin Rouge, but it was not officially confirmed.

But I was surprised yesterday. I was watching some videos from The Ice Show and I looked at Shibutani’s number as well. It was good number and very very nice and interesting choreography and smooth interpretation by those two. What suprised me was the choreography. I would like to know in what time the number was created, because many moves were similar to choreography of Victoria and Nikita at Golden Age show at the end of May and stylisation of both couples were identical. Of course this is not Russian style so I expect that Marina Zueva promising typical Russian romantic couple will produce something different in S&K’s skating not copying Shib’s style of skating. S&K definitely need their own style. But Shibs are looking good in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8aBPy9udvM …Maia & Alex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3DYtWUFAM …Vika & Nikita

I think that there is a world of difference between Shibs and Vikt and Nikita but V/N are starting their team so I guess they only need time.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I think Sinitsina+Katsalopov are already ahead in many regards, actually. They are able to create better lines and have a very romantic capability. I suspect they will probably be quite a versatile couple too and that Sinitsina is living for this opportunity she has been given. The Shibutanis are surely going to be better technically at this point, but I doubt that will last for long. Wouldn't be surprised to see S+K quickly rise and win 2016 Worlds.

sisinka

Final Flight
I think that there is a world of difference between Shibs and Vikt and Nikita but V/N are starting their team so I guess they only need time.

I was talking about choreography and stylisation of those two programs, not about skaters themselves (blonde hair, long legs - of course this is not about Shibs). Those two programs were skated publicly during two months and many choreographic movements very used in both programs, plus stylisation to romantic style, plus piano used in music, which was surprising for me, because I expected that Zueva will create completely new style immediately. But of course it is only the beginning, so in future the couple will come with choreography on their own, I hope so.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I think Sinitsina+Katsalopov are already ahead in many regards, actually.

Ahead of whom? The recent posts were about the Shibutanis, but since the thread itself is about S/K and I/Z, I'm not sure who you're referring to.

elif

Medalist
https://vk.com/club68627811

But I was surprised yesterday. I was watching some videos from The Ice Show and I looked at Shibutani’s number as well. It was good number and very very nice and interesting choreography and smooth interpretation by those two. What suprised me was the choreography. I would like to know in what time the number was created, because many moves were similar to choreography of Victoria and Nikita at Golden Age show at the end of May and stylisation of both couples were identical. Of course this is not Russian style so I expect that Marina Zueva promising typical Russian romantic couple will produce something different in S&K’s skating not copying Shib’s style of skating. S&K definitely need their own style. But Shibs are looking good in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8aBPy9udvM …Maia & Alex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3DYtWUFAM …Vika & Nikita

No suprise for me :laugh: That is Zoueva style. She loves that type of music probably because It is easier to choreograph. If you move slowly with facial expression of awe, people automatically will think you are feeling the music :laugh: Hopefully Zoueva will create different free dances for both teams. I don't think using Virtue/Moir's style will be advantage for S/S and S/K.

Shibutani's lift position on 4.00 looks like Ilinykh's position in SD lift. I like rotational version, but probably its never be enough for level4.

I think Sinitsina+Katsalopov are already ahead in many regards, actually. They are able to create better lines and have a very romantic capability.

Lines and romantic capability didn't win gold for Virtue/Moir. :p

Alba

Record Breaker
Ahead of whom? The recent posts were about the Shibutanis, but since the thread itself is about S/K and I/Z, I'm not sure who you're referring to.

I think BoP was speaking about Shibs, but probably thinks S&K will be ahead of everyone else.

Alba

Record Breaker
Not that I want to bad-mouthed any skater, but I don't have hope for S/K.

At the moment I don't know. I have to see them skate a proper program, not a show program, in competition.
One thing I do know though. To me she is cold.

bramweld

Record Breaker
At the moment I don't know. I have to see them skate a proper program, not a show program, in competition.

I don't think they're that bad. They are striving for a soft romantic quality similar to V/M, at least in their ex. However currently their skating skills are not evenly matched and Vick it appears is just reserved. The perfect foil really for Nikita. Neither before striked me as passionate dancers more soft and subtle, playful so their styles sort of mesh especially their arm movements. For Nikita twizzles are really problematic though, case in point every single performance last season. He needs work here. All the best to them really. No hard feelings as they say, a man has to do what a man has to do. I just hope I/Z are dynamic, interesting, with mad skating skills. ##Bucketlist

Barb

Record Breaker

THIS, but may be they only need more time, I guess is difficult to start with another partner. Although I have more hope with Elena/Russlan and Shibs. But obviously politics will influence a lot.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
THIS, but may be they only need more time, I guess is difficult to start with another partner. Although I have more hope with Elena/Russlan and Shibs. But obviously politics will influence a lot.

She was cold with the partner she had for 10 years. I think her expression is just fairly limited. She has improved but she will always need a partner to sell her.

uhh

Medalist
She was cold with the partner she had for 10 years. I think her expression is just fairly limited. She has improved but she will always need a partner to sell her.

But the problem with pairing her with Nikita who is so very expressive by himself, is that she is completely overshadowed. Unless she can learn to bring more emotion to her performance, it will always be a one sided pairing, especially when you consider how much stronger his skating skills are as well. It was less of a problem with Ruslan who has always placed a great emphasis on showing his partner off to the best effect.

bramweld

Record Breaker
But the problem with pairing her with Nikita who is so very expressive by himself, is that she is completely overshadowed. Unless she can learn to bring more emotion to her performance, it will always be a one sided pairing, especially when you consider how much stronger his skating skills are as well. It was less of a problem with Ruslan who has always placed a great emphasis on showing his partner off to the best effect.

THIS. This is what makes a great partner. Otherwise its just Averbuch and Lobacheva (sp) which IMHO grates. However I sense Marina will not put up with any show boating from Nikita, besides which it would be pointless in this scenario. He and Elena were just two tigers in a cage. He was trying not to be overshadowed by her. This became a sore point between the two not to mention their other personal problems complicating things. I am glad they went their separate ways. I hope they are both happy.

He and Victoria will have to commit to becoming a new entity which will simply take time.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't think they're that bad.

Oh but I didn't said that. What I have seen so far it's not enough to judge whether they are good or not.
What I mean is this:

:thumbsup:

No hard feelings as they say, a man has to do what a man has to do. I just hope I/Z are dynamic, interesting, with mad skating skills. ##Bucketlist

I fully agree. :)

I fully agree with you as well, but maybe that's what he wanted. To be the star, the only one.

elif

Medalist

I agree. Look at Madison Hubbell for example. It is more ability than time.

sisinka

Final Flight

It is always very important for both partners to understand that a couple means two people and that work, cooperation and support inside of the couple is elementar…not showing himself/herself only. The couple gets marks for showing of both partners, not for only one of them. So both partners are important.

But I know that not every male dancer wants to show and present his lady. Because it is difficult.
The boy has to concentrate on his technique, elements and presentation…plus he should lead his lady, present her and help her with every difficulty. It takes more effort and it is more danger for male partner, because he has less space for concentration on himself = his elements. Also there is a problem with ego…some people have a big problem to support somebody because they are afraid of overshadowing by that person.

In my opinion great male dancer must fulfill more criterions, but the presentation of his lady is one of those.

Talking about presentation of the lady – Maxim Shabalin and Povilas Vanagas always come across my mind on first. Their ladies were great in presentation (especially Oksana), but those ladies were simply shining thanks to their male partners who did so much for presenting them on the ice.

I would like to see Ruslan presenting and supporting Lena in a similar way he did with Victoria. And I would like to see Nikita forgetting about his own ego and start to present Victoria like Ruslan did before.

Every lady needs to feel comfortable and save with her dance partner, then she can fully open inside and shine.

sisinka

Final Flight
No news... :eek:

The "small boy" (using nickname made by SkyFly20) finished the University.

2hfi05t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.