Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
1) A lot of other teams are fast as well. Across the board, it's a given.

2) I don't think the choreography is that interesting. Again, an aesthetic thing.

3) I do agree that their close holds are very good, mostly in their SDs. I did enjoy this season's SD very much.

4) Doesn't matter the presentation to me. They're unorthodox choices, for sure. I just don't think that the way they deliver the concept is striking, no matter how high-concept the theme.

5) Their drama and expressiveness, for me, is just a bit flat. Although I liked how they presented their FD in Sochi, she was very much into it.

6) They have range but for me it's not just not aesthetically pleasing.

Overall, they're a "safe" choice in that they lack a certain x-factor, for me. I'm not alone on this, but I'm sure you and their fans disagree. They're not bad skaters by any means - they're quite accomplished, I think! - but they're just not distinctive. For me, there's no true star quality that makes them truly exciting to watch. I like that they do try to push themselves, but they don't stand out for me the way certain other star couples do.

sisinka - and other fans here - I must say I like and respect how you've stuck up for and defended B/S. For me they're not the most exciting pair by any means, but I like the thought process you've given to this. It shows a real appreciation for them that I may not have. I enjoy our debate on this! :)
Everything is " I I I I " for you, why am I not surprise? :laugh:

shine

Record Breaker
Personally I'm not describing any Carmen. I just hate the choice of the music. Sick and tired with it, so I'm hoping on the choreography to relieve the "pain". :p

Anyway, Krylova's Carmen fantastic? Since when Carmen is a woman escaped from a psychiatric hospital?:slink:

Carmen IS psychotic and deeply disturbed. The usual flirty, showy type of portrayal of Carmen is often superficial (not to mention overdone) compared to Krylova's, whose interpretation added depth and dimensions to the character, and made it more real than merely a character in an opera. I also thought her interpretation was fantastic.

anyanka

Record Breaker
how very funny, "at least for me". can you find over 10 others agree with you? guess not.
ok, so the programmes are nice but they are not, so can you find any other pairs can skate those programmes and be as good as them? Guess not (yet again)

The programs are not great, they're not memorable, but they do well at what they do. I recognize and acknowledge that.
Can I find other programs who can skate their programs as well as they have? I suppose we should coax D/W or V/M to swap FS's with them and let them try it out?

anyanka

Record Breaker
Everything is " I I I I " for you, why am I not surprise? :laugh:

By the way, sisinka defends B/S with thoughtful questions and a point-by-point analysis. Keep it in that key, OK?
And let's get back to the main topic ... the I/K split. We're a bit off-topic here but we can meander back.

Alba

Record Breaker
Carmen IS psychotic and deeply disturbed. .

You mean in the book. Still, not a psychotic but both she and Jose are pictured as murderers, brigands and amoral schemer. Jose is a criminal. While Bizet Carmen is capricious, fearless and fatalist and Jose a soldier and a "victim".

You may very well think that Krylova's interpretation was fantastic because she played as a psychotic though. Degustibus.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
TAT is just a woman of very strange contradictions. Although in my unprofessional opinion TAT got wind of Nik and Vika's plans and she's been outraged ever since.
:

Yes, i think what was a big surprise for us people like TAT already knew (at least something). And that is why maybe she thought that it would have been better to sent at Worlds another young pair, who need a chance a to show themselves at senior level too and who is not going to split. And probably TAT has some warm feelings for Ivan, because she trained his dad.

kauh888

Rinkside
Thank Sisinka and Alba for replying. It just can't convince to me that I/Z are better( or equal to) than S/K at this point, although I hope they are better. Why TAT didn't like S/Z? any details? Does she like their coaches? Z?

How could we judge whether S/K is better than I/Z or I/Z is better than S/K at this point? We've only seen snippets (I/Z) or exhibition programs (S/K) so far, and maybe the occasional comments (but I'm pretty sure no one has come out and said one team is better than the other). We'll have to wait for an actual competition where they go head to head to really see how the teams stack up against each other under pressure and the circumstances.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Hmm, so TAT very well knows how I/Z are doing. She's just being coy. The nerve of this woman!
Why do you think the fact that Alexeeva was Tarasova's assistant in the 80's means that she knows very well how Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are doing at present?

Macassar88

Medalist
Why do you think the fact that Alexeeva was Tarasova's assistant in the 80's means that she knows very well how Ilinykh/Zhiganshin are doing at present?

Well I'm sure that if she wanted to watch them practice, Alexeeva and her daughter would let TAT do it

bramweld

Record Breaker

Well, TAT is just Le TAT, their connection just made it seem less probable, IMO. But who knows probably TAT was just in denial like most. Cest la vie.

bsfan

On the Ice
Well I'm sure that if she wanted to watch them practice, Alexeeva and her daughter would let TAT do it

This is the reason that I wonder whether "they" think S/K is better than I/Z. As viewers we don't know anything till they compete. But THEY should know something. I just feel that S/K is treated better than I/Z by those people.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is the reason that I wonder whether "they" think S/K is better than I/Z. As viewers we don't know anything till they compete. But THEY should know something. I just feel that S/K is treated better than I/Z by those people.
But for sure I know I/Z also have good choreographers, I don't know who pay them, but for sure they won't pay such money for a team without hope.

uhh

Medalist

I don't think S/K have been treated any better, they just have a more self promoting coach. Both teams have the same funding, are included on the reserve national team, & are working with respected coaches & choreographers. What makes you think they are treated any better?

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't think S/K have been treated any better, they just have a more self promoting coach. Both teams have the same funding, are included on the reserve national team, & are working with respected coaches & choreographers.

This. :thumbsup:

bsfan

On the Ice
I don't think S/K have been treated any better, they just have a more self promoting coach. Both teams have the same funding, are included on the reserve national team, & are working with respected coaches & choreographers. What makes you think they are treated any better?

K planned it for a long time. Now he gets all he wants. The approval of S/K is like prerequisite of I/Z. Timing wise it favorites S/K too. TAT talked about S/K and other pairs but not I/Z as a pair. I don't believe she didn't have a change to see I/Z if she is interested in them.

Anyway, as viewers we can't know all the important things behind the door. Just hope I/Z is a good surprise to us.

Alba

Record Breaker
TAT talked about S/K and other pairs but not I/Z as a pair. I don't believe she didn't have a change to see I/Z if she is interested in them.

I thought they were on vacation and than in Latvia camp. Why would TAT go there when she has plenty of time and chances once they're back and with programs done?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about TAT, even if she does not support them.
She is not the only one and if I&Z are good together, and train hard, there is no TAT in the world who can stop them from winning. ;)

If it was for TAT Kovtun would be 2 times World and European Champion. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.