Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

cebi26

On the Ice
I really hope that their situation can be resolved, they have amazing chemistry although they really need to improve their consistency.
And yesterday they were soo good, really a shame what happened in the SD :cry:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
?????????? I don't get it, I think B/S free dance is great and creative. Why do people hate them?

I don't hate them. I like them a lot. And contrary to what some think, they have improved greatly over the last quad.

I did not like their FD because it was Faust 2.0 (the 2011-2012 FD which I disliked greatly) but that does not mean they are not without some positive qualities.

As I said, after seeing them live, I have a soft spot for them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nobody does drama like the russians... and how did Pechalat knew?

Pechalat trained in Russia for a long time. I bet she speaks Russian. Certainly Fabian does, in any case. And I would not be surprised whether some words spoken in Russian, probably by Elena, reached her ears.

BTW, I like B&S. I enjoyed their performances at Skam 2012 a lot more than W&P's performances at the same competition.

B&S can take an unlikely story, one more complex than the usual "you are a woman, I am a man" story that most ice dancers tell, and make you understand it without having someone hand you a senior thesis length article explaining it.

Tell the truth-did you have any trouble understanding what their Madness or Hunted Birds programs were about?
How about the girl who dressed as a sailor to find her lover (folk OD)?
Faust, no, that was a failure.

And Delilah by Tom Jones not too good.

Still, they have something there.

Send them to Shpilband; they need teknik more than anything else, and Zoueva doesn't provide it. Maybe Fabian, now that he is working with Igor, could do their choreo? :)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Sorry but B&S are the most overrated and overscored team in ice dancing since the horror judging era of 2000-2002. A team like the Shibutanis, even as bland as they are, would even be beating them regularly based on way higher technical scores if the judging were fair, even with B&S's deserved higher PCS. That they often challenge and even beat teams like Pechalat & Bourzat and Weaver & Poje who are literally much better than them in every objective measure both technically and artistically is incomprehensible. Style is subjective and it is fine if some like some of their programs more, but they have so many sloppy areas to their execution, extensions, leg lines, unision, skating skills, posture, that it is impossible to say they are near the top level of skating either in TES or PCS.

That said I do think they were very good in 2012-2013 and actually deserved their bronze at worlds, albeit in part due to teams like Weaver & Poje and Pechalat & Bourzat having been badly injured and not up to their usual level of skating. Outside of that one season though the scores and results they have gotten have been crazy

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
PTF, some time go see them skate live. They are one of those teams who do not show to advantage on TV vs. a live performance.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I'd also imagine if Elena did burst out into tears, it was probably noticeable, especially if she found out at morning practice before the SP. People were everywhere, several teams speak Russian. Probably a lot of BTS gossip as well contributed to Nathalie mentioning it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'd also imagine if Elena did burst out into tears, it was probably noticeable, especially if she found out at morning practice before the SP. People were everywhere, several teams speak Russian. Probably a lot of BTS gossip as well contributed to Nathalie mentioning it.

So it's still not official? I hope they will reconsider the idea and dump Morozimbie for good.:bang:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
PTF, some time go see them skate live. They are one of those teams who do not show to advantage on TV vs. a live performance.

Fair enough. You are an expert in dance, so I trust your judgement.

The next time they are in a competition in Canada or the U.S I will make a point to see it, and see if I am less baffled at the scores they have received over the years after. Someone like Carole Lane has seem them live many times though, and she definitely isnt impressed.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I was a fan of B&S. Their Man With a Harmonica is their best program thus far. Their 80s unintentional parody of the Four Seasons inspired universal mockery. I still root for them but they were so misguided in their program design this season. I hope they go to Zoueva now that VM and DW are retiring. Zhulin doesn't seem to know what to do with them.

Actually, very few people hate B&S. Most people are indifferent to them and I suppose that's worse than hatred. At least with hatred, you stirred something in people. With indifference, people don't care if you exist or not.

This ^ I really liked The Man with a Harmonica as well, except for the musical cut to TechnoTosca (Russians do seem to love their eurotrash disco updates of classical music, probably because the beat gets pushed in the audience's faces). The Birds program was a classic example of mistaking histrionics for drama, which is why it is already enshrined in the Camp Hall of Fame. Their posture is often tragic, but I'll say one thing for them--I have never ever been bored by or indifferent to their programs.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Sorry but B&S are the most overrated and overscored team in ice dancing since the horror judging era of 2000-2002. A team like the Shibutanis, even as bland as they are, would even be beating them regularly based on way higher technical scores if the judging were fair, even with B&S's deserved higher PCS. That they often challenge and even beat teams like Pechalat & Bourzat and Weaver & Poje who are literally much better than them in every objective measure both technically and artistically is incomprehensible. Style is subjective and it is fine if some like some of their programs more, but they have so many sloppy areas to their execution, extensions, leg lines, unision, skating skills, posture, that it is impossible to say they are near the top level of skating either in TES or PCS.

That said I do think they were very good in 2012-2013 and actually deserved their bronze at worlds, albeit in part due to teams like Weaver & Poje and Pechalat & Bourzat having been badly injured and not up to their usual level of skating. Outside of that one season though the scores and results they have gotten have been crazy

where is the lie

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The next time they are in a competition in Canada or the U.S I will make a point to see it, and see if I am less baffled at the scores they have received over the years after. Someone like Carole Lane has seem them live many times though, and she definitely isnt impressed.

:slink: Carol Lane sometimes seems rather unimpressed by all teams who are not trained by Carol Lane :slink: I remember her dissing V&M's Golden Waltz SD, for one, :laugh: And I seem to remember her saying some pretty scathing things about W&P, back in the days before she became a TV commentator.

She is a very knowledgeable lady, and she has choreographed some interesting stuff, but she's the kind of chef who prefers her own home-cooking.

Irina89

On the Ice
Any news on Elena & Nikita? Apparently there are some people commenting on their Instagram's saying they are so sorry they've split. And I was hopping it was just a rumour :(

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
:slink: Carol Lane sometimes seems rather unimpressed by all teams who are not trained by Carol Lane :slink: I remember her dissing V&M's Golden Waltz SD, for one, :laugh: And I seem to remember her saying some pretty scathing things about W&P, back in the days before she became a TV commentator.

She is a very knowledgeable lady, and she has choreographed some interesting stuff, but she's the kind of chef who prefers her own home-cooking.

She also seems less than enthused over Weaver & Poje and less than excited about their silver finish at worlds. Probably their long standing rivalry with her beloved Paul Poirier is hard to overlook.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
She also seems less than enthused over Weaver & Poje and less than excited about their silver finish at worlds. Probably their long standing rivalry with her beloved Paul Poirier is hard to overlook.

why was she even commentating when she should be standing with g/p at the boards.......

anyanka

Record Breaker
I take it as a confirmation that there is at least some truth to this.

It's pretty much the "we're keeping a tight lid on this until we figure our own issues out, then we'll release a statement" approach. These two are clearly listening to their publicist, or the skating federation.

As hyperinflation said, yup if it didn't have *some* truth to it, then they would have just said "no it's not true stop listening to shadyass rumors" (I'm totally using "shadyass" in everyday conversation from now on, by the way. Thanks!).

Status
Not open for further replies.