Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antilles

Medalist
Who did Morozov marry after Shae-Lynn? She was number 2, wasn't she? I don't get how female skaters keep falling for him, whether or not Elena is one of them. There has been quite a string.

Too bad for this couple. Makes Worlds more interesting.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Stolbova has something to say about that.

He wasn't married to Stolbova; they're dating right now. He was married to another skater, Ekaterina Lobanova, who is the mother of their son.

kasik8222

Rinkside
Gordeeva, Kazakova and so on... Grushina and Goncharov are from Ukraine not from Russia but as far as I remember she was about 19. Divorced too. Getting married at "teen" it's not a good idea;).

whatif

Medalist
He wasn't married to Stolbova; they're dating right now. He was married to another skater, Ekaterina Lobanova, who is the mother of their son.

That was not the point. The original poster implied that since he is divorced, he is available. He is not.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was not the point. The original poster implied that since he is divorced, he is available. He is not.

I didn't get the implication from the OP. What I understood from the OP is there are examples of men single skaters who married during their careers.

Apologies if that was the incorrect interpretation.

Last edited:

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
elena deserves a better partner and i hope she finds one

They were a rocky unpredictable pair and really didn't work out most of the time.

mte, they got their crap together for the olympics but they bit the ice like the other half of the time i saw them skate

whatif

Medalist
I think they are both star quality and somehow compete against each other for attention. It works better when only one of the partners attention grabbing. Hence the tension here.

bsfan

On the Ice
elena deserves a better partner and i hope she finds one

mte, they got their crap together for the olympics but they bit the ice like the other half of the time i saw them skate

How about Bukin? I always thought he needs a better partner.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
man this quad is going to be a free for all bloodbath in ice dance lol

i wonder if d/w or v/m might stick around for a year or two to capture another easy world title or two before they retire

I think they are both star quality and somehow compete against each other for attention. It works better when only one of the partners attention grabbing. Hence the tension here.

....really? despite his white bread semi good looks, nikita's got to be one of the least charismatic skaters out there. he has no idea how to lead her at all

I was so excited for them! I've been sad about D/W and V/M's likely retirements...but after the Olympics I felt like maybe I/K were getting it together and I was developing an interest in them because when they skate well they can be enchanting...

I wish them both the best... But, I would like to know what Elena will be doing in Nikita goes with Victoria... And I have no idea what to think of Nikita and Victoria as a team...

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Ohh, hoping it's just gossips, but who knows...
Love them together, they have that chemistry that a lot of teams are missing!
Victoria is not as expressive as Elena, so that is my concern... Well, about Elena, who will she be with then? Bukin would be an option, but that means the whole Russian team will have changed partners by next season...

Pleaase, let it be not true! I am just shocked right now...

elif

Medalist
This is stupid idea and russian federation going to pay with no olympic gold in 2018.

So you guys say after Tessa Virtue's imaginary baby, now we are waiting for Elena Ilinykh's imaginary baby. :laugh:

koheikun90

On the Ice
Wow wth! Didn't see that coming. I thought they had a thing off ice too. Fooled me. I hope
Elena does continue to skate. I always that Ilia Tkachenko would be perfect for her.

rosacotton

Final Flight
WOW. Was not expecting that at all.

Poor Ruslan! I wonder if he had any say in this. Will he continue competing? If so, who will be his partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.