Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 87 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Oh, I agree! I'm all for remaining friends, lol. I just want to make sure that they remain on pleasant terms is all - aka, they're not already at each other's throats, lol. I don't need an off-ice romance, haha

And I edited my above comment to reflect that bc I definitely did not mean that I'm hoping for an off-ice romance, haha. I'm strictly concerned about their potential to do well together on the ice; and to subsequently hopefully have a healthy relationship - aka, generally get along with one another. :)

It's really none of my business what they decide anyway, I was just tempted to say that because of all the drama that happened last time! ;) I was thinking it might be safer that this new Russian team stay friends and not become a romantic couple.

But as we're finding out at the end of this season with all the partner changes in Russia & Canada, you never know what the future will hold.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will say she outshines him just like she outshines Nikita. You're alright? :biggrin:

Nikita doesnt look like a school boy like Ruslan
also that kissing picture of Elena with some rhythmic gymnast is seeking attention

she needs to spend more on the ice

uhh

Medalist

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay on a more positive note Lena's fan group on vk.com is asking for ideas for both short and free dances for I/Z. Any ideas? I like for their FD Out of Tears - Rolling Stones. G&G did a sweet exhibition to it some time back. What do you think?

I can see them dancing to various genres, just not rock/pop/modern music in general. Judges don't seem to appreciate it even if done really well, except for MJ who is way overdone by now (as is anything Piaf, IMO). But I don't want to see the couple dancing to drama again. I don't care about S/K because I'm still annoyed with them, but I hope I/Z stay away from operas and dramatic, serene classics this season. I can totally see them skating to something Oriental, similar to D/W's Sheherezade, or to a waltz, like some hoped for in the previous posts. With a great choreography and impeccable movement timing, I'd be excited to see even the Blue Danube which is aso played quite frequently.

Off-topic, why do some folks still react to the same old bait repeated over and over again?

bramweld

Record Breaker
I can see them dancing to various genres, just not rock/pop/modern music in general. Judges don't seem to appreciate it even if done really well, except for MJ who is way overdone by now (as is anything Piaf, IMO). But I don't want to see the couple dancing to drama again. I don't care about S/K because I'm still annoyed with them, but I hope I/Z stay away from operas and dramatic, serene classics this season. I can totally see them skating to something Oriental, similar to D/W's Sheherezade, or to a waltz, like some hoped for in the previous posts. With a great choreography and impeccable movement timing, I'd be excited to see even the Blue Danube which is aso played quite frequently.

Off-topic, why do some folks still react to the same old bait repeated over and over again?

Some are just too annoying ugh!

As for I/Z they have such a sweet young beauty, I could see them doing Nina Rota's Romeo and Juliet. Everyone would totally buy Rus being besotted by her. But hard to tell when you haven't seen them skate together.

elif

Medalist
who cares ? Elena should spend more time on the ice training with fellow skaters
and this Yana isnt even her age, she is a 16 year old : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yana_Kudryavtseva

Get over it skyfly:laugh: Don't you remember Nikita's pitiful attempt to please fans with shirtless pic?:laugh: Last time I cheched instead af training, he was replying fans wishes in instagram and seek attention from them. :laugh:

Happy birthday to Elena.:party: You can cleary see ElenaIlinykhEffect on Ruslan, he already looks different to me :laugh:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Beautiful Victoria Sinitsina's birthday today:
seems she and Nikita are still in the US

http://instagram.com/p/nX34Gjtc9W/
a birthday greet with a board written in english, its a US skating club in Michigan ?

That looks like Arctic Edge, where they're trying out with Zueva, I believe. It matches up with the footage of the rink that was in Tessa and Scott's reality show, as well as the board in the back that says 'Arctic Figure Skating Club.'

It doesn't look like the Novi rink or DSC, which would be the only other rinks that would be viable for them.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
What will it take for you to shut up?

My bet is on noone replying to any of their posts. In that case, if they're posting for attention, they'll eventually grow bored and go away. :)

BTW I'm so glad to read how well I/Z seem to be getting on. I'm looking forward to that showing on ice.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Since we are on the topic of "some rhythmic gymnast" by the name of Yana Kudryavtseva who is 3-time world champ and 3-time European champ (and I happen to be a huge rhythmic gymnastics fan) I will take the opportunity to post a link to her best performance to Chopin's nocturne (the same that Asada skated to) because it is the best rhythmic gymnastics routine I have ever laid my eyes on and I have seen a lot. So skyfly -- enjoy. :biggrin:;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabNeY84WpI

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Since we are on the topic of "some rhythmic gymnast" by the name of Yana Kudryavtseva who is 3-time world champ and 3-time European champ (and I happen to be a huge rhythmic gymnastics fan) I will take the opportunity to post a link to her best performance to Chopin's nocturne (the same that Asada skated to) because it is the best rhythmic gymnastics routine I have ever laid my eyes on and I have seen a lot. So skyfly -- enjoy. :biggrin:;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabNeY84WpI

While I think that Kudryavtseva is enormously talented, certainly deserves all her success, and unquestionably earned the World title last year, I firmly believe that no routine is better than the best that Evgenia Kanaeva produced

DianaSelene

Medalist
Well, I know where you are coming from. For me, Kanaeva still is the best overall rhythmic gymnast ever. Better than Kabaeva or all the previous gymnasts. Her body of work was tremendous and she is the only one to be a 2-time individual rhythmic gymnastics champ. But for me it depends what programs of Kanaeva's would you compare to Kudryavtseva's. I think her best performances are from the Beijing Olympics and no one has yet to reach that skill level and beauty. But I think her Beijing performances were better than the ones from London where she seemed to struggle a lot with the pressure of becoming a 2-time Olympic champion. However, she fully deserved to get that gold as well.

I love Kudryavtseva's ball routine-- in my opinion no one has ever been so skilled in that apparatus as she (even Kanaeva). The ball seems to float and the apparatus handling looks effortless. That being said she is very young -- only 16 and needs to become more mature in order to prove that she could once be as great as Kanaeva.

They are both exquisite. :love::love::love:

desertskates

Medalist
attention seeker Ilinykh with some Russian rhythmic gymnast :unsure:
she needs to practice not pose pictures to seek attention with a so called BFF whose not even a skater !

http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/e89a043cced811e3b86d0002c9991484_8.jpg

picture of mismatched dancer Ilinykh and school Boy Zhiganshin in a Party !
http://cs608622.vk.me/v608622563/838d/b7S0EXBU3wQ.jpg

I can't believe I'm gonna bite. The shame. But... maybe Gracie should fix that double axel instead of mugging for pics with Taylor Swift.
That said, I think I/Z look nicely matched. We'll see when they take the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.