Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 137 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsfan

On the Ice
This is what I meant that S/K is the better treated team. I might have not expressed my thought well. I don't know which team is stronger. I hope I/Z will do great. But for now, S/K is better treated (looked).

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Here is what takes up a good chunk of a PR account executives time: contacting media outlets and praying they will pay attention to your client. Unless you are working on behalf of a bonafide A lister, your pitches often go in the trash. SK did their media blitz because they had been gone for a month, had been silent, and were planning a performance. and Marina wanted to promote them as best as possible. IZ on the other hand had been in Moscow pretty much the whole time, were not planning any public performances, and after the dust settled, there was nothing interesting to report. If IZ wanted more press, all they would have to do is pick up the phone and call Simonenko. . It's not an accident that when Ruslan announced the pairing, he gave the phone call to Simonenko as they have a very friendly relationship. I'm sure he'd give Ruslan the platform if he ever wanted to talk about the split with Sinitsina.

On the whole Iz is an underdog and the bizarre rumors about them, it is definitely prevalent among Ilinykh fans, not just FSO teenies Post any photo and it turns into a pity party about how unloved Elena is. Like when Sotnikova wrote nice things to Sinitsina and Katsalapov, they somehow managed to come up with this notion that Vaitsekhovskaya would start writing bad things about Elena because Sotnikova, whom Vaitsekhovskaya likes, happened to like Sinitsina.

I'm not saying there aren't Ilinykh haters (there's definitely some), but I think her fans are beginning to rival some members of the Virtue and Moir fan club in terms of the ability to turn any bit of news into a vast conspiracy. It's funny reading the old Sinitsina/Zhiganshin fan group, which was mostly populated by Vika and Ruslan's relatives, friends, anyone affiliated with Kustarova, and die hard fans. Around worlds time, the IK fans invaded the group and were complaining that no one there would discuss the rumors and the admin pretty much had to tell the IK fans that the group doesn't do pity parties.

Alba

Record Breaker
This is what I meant that S/K is the better treated team. I might have not expressed my thought well. I don't know which team is stronger. I hope I/Z will do great. But for now, S/K is better treated (looked).

I honestly don't see that, at the moment at least.

elif

Medalist
Here is what takes up a good chunk of a PR account executives time: contacting media outlets and praying they will pay attention to your client. Unless you are working on behalf of a bonafide A lister, your pitches often go in the trash. SK did their media blitz because they had been gone for a month, had been silent, and were planning a performance. and Marina wanted to promote them as best as possible. IZ on the other hand had been in Moscow pretty much the whole time, were not planning any public performances, and after the dust settled, there was nothing interesting to report. If IZ wanted more press, all they would have to do is pick up the phone and call Simonenko. . It's not an accident that when Ruslan announced the pairing, he gave the phone call to Simonenko as they have a very friendly relationship. I'm sure he'd give Ruslan the platform if he ever wanted to talk about the split with Sinitsina.

On the whole Iz is an underdog and the bizarre rumors about them, it is definitely prevalent among Ilinykh fans, not just FSO teenies Post any photo and it turns into a pity party about how unloved Elena is. Like when Sotnikova wrote nice things to Sinitsina and Katsalapov, they somehow managed to come up with this notion that Vaitsekhovskaya would start writing bad things about Elena because Sotnikova, whom Vaitsekhovskaya likes, happened to like Sinitsina.

I'm not saying there aren't Ilinykh haters (there's definitely some), but I think her fans are beginning to rival some members of the Virtue and Moir fan club in terms of the ability to turn any bit of news into a vast conspiracy. It's funny reading the old Sinitsina/Zhiganshin fan group, which was mostly populated by Vika and Ruslan's relatives, friends, anyone affiliated with Kustarova, and die hard fans. Around worlds time, the IK fans invaded the group and were complaining that no one there would discuss the rumors and the admin pretty much had to tell the IK fans that the group doesn't do pity parties.

I'm not following any of the group you are following :)laugh:), just Goldenskate, Fsuniverse and Ilinykh's instagram but I can see russian federation not behind I/Z like S/K. For example do we know who is paying training of Ilinykh/Zhiganshin? No, but we know federation is paying for Sinitsina/Katsalapov, because they said so. Don't you think this is strange? Lets forget all those talks about no money until to results but at least they could have said they are paying for Ilinykh/Zhiganshin too. Why not? :confused: Federation arranged a interview (!?!) for Sinitsina/Katsalapov with their own peoples so a brave journalist will not ask why Katsalapov break up from Ilinykh :laugh: I'm still laughing this, first interview of Katsalapov and a journalist (!?) didn't ask those questions. :laugh: That is a lot of different than just calling Simonenko guy. :laugh: Same for TV propaganda. I'm not talking about fans or friends or their reactions, I'm talking about federation and I don't have one example to write to say russian federation behind Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, but they clearly behind Sinitsina/Katsalapov.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Simonenko is one of the more respected skating journalists in Russia, along with Vaitsekhovskaya. He has good relations with a lot of the skaters because they know he won't twist their words unlike the lady from sovsport. An interview with him is as good as any PR you are going to get.

And that same woman did an interview with Kustarova a few weeks later.

And anyway, let's face it, IZ have shown very little so far so there is nothing to write. SK came back to Russia and were giving their first interviews. That is something to write. And immediately they did an exhibition. Again, something to write about. If IZ were to do an exhibition or some other public performance, then they would get more press.

elif

Medalist
And anyway, let's face it, IZ have shown very little so far so there is nothing to write. SK came back to Russia and were giving their first interviews. That is something to write. And immediately they did an exhibition. Again, something to write about. If IZ were to do an exhibition or some other public performance, then they would get more press.

I'm not talking about more/less press, I'm talking about how press handled by federation. Very very easy questions to Katsalapov like he didn't split from Ilinykh at all; so much hype despite to unpromising gala performance (even TV person who clearly have a mission to hype S/K said their performance was not good) Those things made me think they are behind of Sinitsina/Katsalapov. (I don't think its easy to find a journalist who will not ask ''why'':laugh:) Maybe they are supporting Ilinykh/Zhiganshin too but I don't see any evidence of this. Just my observations of course.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I think that the whole subject about which one will be the better one from these 2 couples is just a part of the Russian advertising conspiration.
Please, talk more about Weaver/Poje or Capellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates versus Shibutanis, Paul/Islam versus Gilles/Poirer.These are the teams that already showed their undoubted talents.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think that the whole subject about which one will be the better one from these 2 couples is just a part of the Russian advertising conspiration.
Please, talk more about Weaver/Poje or Capellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates versus Shibutanis, Paul/Islam versus Gilles/Poirer.These are the teams that already showed their undoubted talents.

Gotta agree with this. They haven't proven themselves yet. For whatever its worth I like I/Z's slow and steady approach with not too much press. It will give them more power to make a powerful statement. Let them and their fed be quiet all they want.

sisinka

Final Flight

elif said:
Federation arranged a interview (!?!) for Sinitsina/Katsalapov with their own peoples so a brave journalist will not ask why Katsalapov break up from Ilinykh I'm still laughing this, first interview of Katsalapov and a journalist (!?) didn't ask those questions. That is a lot of different than just calling Simonenko guy. Same for TV propaganda. I'm not talking about fans or friends or their reactions, I'm talking about federation and I don't have one example to write to say russian federation behind Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, but they clearly behind Sinitsina/Katsalapov.

Sinitsina & Katsalapov gave multiple articles like Zueva did, the sport journalists published much more articles about them than about Lena & Ruslan. But look at one journalist…
Olga Ermolina is a press attache of Russian Federation. So I guess that everything what she writes about is an order of Russian Fed.

In the middle of May there was an article where Nikita denies info from wrong Internet aacount.

http://old.fsrussia.ru/news/1242_adelina-sotnikova-i-nikita-kacalapov--ispolnyat-vals-v-kremle/ …30th of May…Sotnikova and Katsalapov to dance in Kreml
(but Plushenko, Stolbova, Klimov and Ilinykh were there also)

http://old.fsrussia.ru/news/1240_vi...borachivatsya-nazad-ni-v-koem-sluchae-nelzya/ 29th of May…an article with Vika and Nikita

http://old.fsrussia.ru/news/1239_ma...QQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGH0BnarulOCfHisSo4Z3HpEodj3A …end of May…interview with Zueva about S&K

http://old.fsrussia.ru/news/1243_maksim-trankov-my-vsego-na-neskolko-chasov-prileteli-v-moskvu/ …end of May…interview with Trankov where he once again mentions Nikita, that he liked him with Vika, that it is totally different couple than with Lena, that he (Trankov loves to see everything new), that they learnt a lot in a one and half month.

http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/89-kust...i-rebyata-zaryadili-vsekh-svoej-energiej.html
….13th of June…interview with Kustarova

If you look at number of Ermolina’s articles about Vika & Nikita and Lena & Ruslan….Vika & Nikita leads…Ermolina makes one article with Kustarova in the middle of June – that’s all…while with Vika & Nikita she makes one interview, another interview with their coach Zueva, Ermolina also published Nikita‘s denial of wrong account, she also announced an Olympic ball with many Olympic champions – but she noticed only Sotnikova and Katsalapov dancing together, and she also published Trankov interview who once again put some really nice words for Vika and Nikita pointing that it is really not the same like with Lena…if this is not called a propaganada of Vika & Nikita, than what is it? And because Ermolina is a press attache of Russian Federation – it once again leads to think that Russian Federation supports more Vika & Nikita & Zueva. Why? Both couples should start from the same line. Right now there is no superiot or inferior team, two couples split and changed partners. Every new born couple has a 50 percent of credit for past results with previous partners.

You also miss one thing, Abraxis12345. Lena, Ruslan and their coaches‘ articles from the beginning of April contained a confirmation of a new partnership only and an info how shocking the situation is for them (I really doubt that Ruslan called Simonenko, I would rather say that Simonenko after reading Vaitsekhovskaya’s blog called him first, but it is not important) and Vaitsekhovskaya’s interview with Lena was full of talks about past….
On the contrary the first article with Zueva, Vika and Nikita – not only sportsmen but also journalists started to use superlatives about the beauty, future perfection and fabulous talent of the kids.
So one couple reports what is going in their new partnership plus finally Kustarova gives some positive info about the couple but she also talks about difficult moments in past and future – overall a very realistic way of looking, but all sporting press around Vika & Nikita & Zueva uses superlatives to describe a new team. That is quite different attitude which once again leads to think that Russian Federation support Vika & Nikita & Zueva more. Why?

sisinka

Final Flight

That is not true, Lena & Ruslan had things to offer to public...
Lena & Ruslan presented their skating to head coach Mikhail Stifunin only 2 weeks after they started skating together and Stifunin had a nice words for them. I expected that he is a professional – so he wanted to see not only nice smiles, crossovers and open holds, but on the contrary twizzles, some steps, synchro in skating side by side, how much speed the couple can get, compulsory steps from Paso Doble and maybe even from Finnstep because both Lena and Ruslan were skating this with previous partners – simply normal practise (sure with mention that the couple just started working together), not only some basic careful skating like in Vika and Nikita’s case which is of course understable but says nothing about the level of the couple.

Also Ilia Averbuhk who was quite sceptic about the couple in the beginning, had a nice words about Lena and Ruslan when he saw them live and worked with them.

And now they were working with Navarro which is something completely new and refreshing for Russian skating because nobody before did it, and Navarro has a great reputation like choreographer for Spanish dances.

And how about video from training camp where the couple was practising lifts even that difficult Swan lift?

Did you see some real announcement about all of it? NO. There was one small article with Stifunin, one small notice from Averbukh’s article. And without Kustarova mentioning Navarro in her interview and without Navarro himself putting pictures with kids on his site people wouldn’t even know about this choreographer. And did you see any mention in Russian press about video from training camp? Of course no. Why?

bramweld

Record Breaker
Why? Zueva's bill is quite substantial and the fed is footing all of it. They need a return on that investment, so they have to poison the pool (ehem influence the judges that is) post haste. This is bizneez :laugh: Also Kueva and S/K have been courting the press. I/Z and their team less so. I really hope that despite their modest team I/Z do great things. There is just this aura of complete ease, togetherness and self-confidence in their photos, that I sense we might be surprised as was Kustarova and Alexeeva by this team.

I also get the other place you're headed Sisinka, but at the end of the day Lena and Ruslan are no fools. I am sure they can sense the backing from the fed for S/K. However there is only so much you can pull a team in the face of something clearly superior. This may be why I/Z are playing it so low key. At the end of the day each pair will have their work cut out for them on the ice.

sisinka

Final Flight

I travel around five different Russian Forums about figure skating and people talk and criticise everybody and everything there, but there are also interesting comments – like at every skating forum. But I didn’t see any tendency you are describing there.

So you probably talk about Vkontakte groups of fans. I heard that there are many people who write how much hot and sexy skaters are, how much they love them….that is nice but far from figure skating talks…so I really don’t know whether it is wise to take anything from such vk groups here where people try to discuss figure skating sport both off and on the ice on the first place. I also know that groups of fans for I&K, S&K or I&Z are closed, so you have to be a member to get there. So you are a member of all those group when you know what exactly they are writing there and that it is written exactly by Ilinykh fans?

More people here and many people at those five Russian Figure Skating Forums think that Vika & Nikita are much more supported than Lena & Ruslan by Russian Fed and by media. And it is not definitelly based on the opinion of girls from Vk groups.

Alba

Record Breaker
(even TV person who clearly have a mission to hype S/K said their performance was not good) .

Really? I had no idea about this.

Please, talk more about Weaver/Poje or Capellini/Lanotte, Chock/Bates versus Shibutanis, Paul/Islam versus Gilles/Poirer.These are the teams that already showed their .

Well, it is a topic about Elena and Nikita after all.
As for the talent, Elena and Nikita are more talented and gifted than all those skaters. In my book of course.
How would they do from now on, with different partners? We'll have to wait and see.

Alba

Record Breaker

elif

Medalist
Good to read Averbukh liked Najarro's choreography. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see Najarro and Averbukh's works.:party::party2:

sisinka

Final Flight
No news... :eek:

https://vk.com/club68627811
There is a video from The Olympic Ball at the end of May (you must register to open it in new window or you can roll down and open the link in that front page at post from 31th of May). Figure skating award starts around 32 minute.

No official news from I&Z or S&K yet, only rumours, there was a speculation that I&Z can skate at Moulin Rouge, but it was not officially confirmed.

But I was surprised yesterday. I was watching some videos from The Ice Show and I looked at Shibutani’s number as well. It was good number and very very nice and interesting choreography and smooth interpretation by those two. What suprised me was the choreography. I would like to know in what time the number was created, because many moves were similar to choreography of Victoria and Nikita at Golden Age show at the end of May and stylisation of both couples were identical. Of course this is not Russian style so I expect that Marina Zueva promising typical Russian romantic couple will produce something different in S&K’s skating not copying Shib’s style of skating. S&K definitely need their own style. But Shibs are looking good in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8aBPy9udvM …Maia & Alex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz3DYtWUFAM …Vika & Nikita

sisinka

Final Flight
I'm personally getting very excited for Russian test skates! :yay:

It depends whether the Test Skate will be open like it was between 2010 - 2013, or if the Russian Federation will continue (not very wisely) in closed ones. There are usually more test skates during summer, and there is almost always somebody from insiders who will write opinions about skaters, but it is always much better to see it on your own eyes. Also members from Russian Federation attend practises during summer from time to time and watch skaters (as to dancers I think they are already all in Moscow - Zhulin's group didn't come abroad this summer, Kustarova & Alexeeva & Riabinina's group is back as well, Svinik & Zhuk's training camp finished also as I know). Only S&K with Zueva are far to it, I suppose that Zueva wants to keep any info secret even in front of Russian Federation to give kids as much time as possible to prepare for Test Skate (if they will really come to Test Skate).

Status
Not open for further replies.