Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It is more complicated than to say yes or no to this.

I/K can split and there is nothing the Rus Fed can do about that. But the Rus Fed exercises almost complete control over who is/can be partnered. So the Rus Fed can ABSOLUTELY be saying to I/K and S/Z right now, you guys split if you want to, but if you split, believe you me we will NOT parter you together, K and S, and we haven't decided if we will place you with anyone at all.

So essentially, the fed can end their skating careers for them if they split, should they choose to do so.

The only way out of this for them would be to leave Russia and find a non Russian coach on their own dime. To say this is probably completely infeasible for them is an understatement.

We already have an opinion of V.Piseev (G.M. of Rus Fed). It's 'unacceptable' for him. So I take it's a 'No'.
If what you said is true (I'm sure it's very close to the truth at least) than I/K/M are in a very difficult situation. I hope they (I/K) will stay together and go to different coach. It's the only 'safe' solution, it'll please almost everyone.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I wonder why the rumors about I/K were not mentioned during the telecast. ABC always talked about backstage gossip. The Eurosport guys said that I/K would be on podium for many years to come during the exhibition.

This. I haven't heard about it at all. Only read in the internet.

Alba

Record Breaker
I wonder why the rumors about I/K were not mentioned during the telecast. ABC always talked about backstage gossip. The Eurosport guys said that I/K would be on podium for many years to come during the exhibition.

It's true, Eurosport guys did said that but I was not surprised. They don't usually talk too much about backstage gossip when they're not sure, but ABC? Now that's strange.

bluestar

Spectator
It's true, Eurosport guys did said that but I was not surprised. They don't usually talk too much about backstage gossip when they're not sure, but ABC? Now that's strange.

The german TV presenter on Eurosport said during the gala exhibition this would be the last performance of I/K. For him it was a fact that they will split up. He did not say something of rumour, maybe... Before the SD he said something of Nikita's new partner. I was shocked and still I am. It's so sad. I don't understand, why I/K don't contradict the "rumour" and still keep quiet. Can't get that out of my head.

I've read about a show-tour they planned with 35 shows in Russia in April, information from March 16. If that is true I can't understand why things can change within 10 days.

whatif

Medalist
Can you tell us please what is said in this article?

When the journalist asked Zoueva about the rumours, Zoueva replied: "Why rumours? Morozov has confirmed this to me himself!". When same was asked Alekseeva replied" That it is is true and she is gutted to see her best team being broken up". Russian Federation has no clue this has been happening.

At the end, Zoueva spend a lot of time talking how great I/K are and it is criminal to break up such an amazing team.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Quiqie at FSUniverse translated the article, I think:

Vaitsekhovskaya confirms the rumor: http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/42838/

Says that Morozov organized a tryout for Sinitsina/Katsalapov before the Worlds, convinced Victoria to skip the post-Worlds gala series in Russia, and move to the U.S. Zoueva is quoted saying that Morozov was telling it was a done deal. Kustarova/Alekseeva (coaches of Sinitsina/Zhiganshin) also knew and were upset about losing another team.

Vaitsekhovskaya also mentions that rumors started when the relationships in the team became rocky: Elena was acting as a diva, because she felt her special position in the group, didn't train enough. Nikita was mad, the coach didn't have any leverage to change her attitude. She also says that this season situation had changed, and the skaters finally understood the concept of team work and started training properly. Says that she doesn't understand why Morozov would break them (hinting about personal motives). Zoueva praises I/K, saying that they are the most likely leaders of the next quad, as a team (sounds like she would like them to herself).

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, if they end up with Zoueva... the Shibs need to leave.

I've always been skeptical of their ability to rise to the top (limitations in programs, not skills), but it's clear that the coach isn't putting all her eggs in their basket.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Quiqie at FSUniverse translated the article, I think:

Yes. You're right. It's the same article.

The problem for Zueva is that she doesn't want their splitting. I wonder what she'll do to save the pair.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You leave Yulia out of this!!

OMG!!! After reading your comment, I just re-read my comment and realised that it could be interpreted like I mean that Julia was a more suitable age for MOROZOV!!! :eek:

Ewwww. Yuck. Why did you put that thought in my head?! :bang:

I meant Julia was a more suitable age for Elena, of course!!!

The age difference with Julia is only 4 years, whereas with Morozov it's 18 years. And 4 years is totally appropriate. In fact, the normal age difference in a Dance team is something like that.

CaroLiza_fan

Status
Not open for further replies.