Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
A lot of the couples are currently doing jumping entry. Don't imagine a huge jump. It is more like a hop.

Ah well, that I know. I was hoping in something bigger. I mean I know they don't do jumps but just hoping in something like a high hop, if I can say that, but maybe that would be more like a single jump.

bramweld

Record Breaker
And don't forget "four blue eyes" please. ;) You never know, there is a risk that other couples might have 3 eyes. :sarcasm:

This is all talk and it's normal when you want to coach a couple, or you are their coach.
You start to create their image and reputation.

You do remember what Zueva said about I&K a month ago right? ;)

"Lena and Nikita left ​​the strongest impression. I would even say they were born to skate together. They have everything in common - speed, stroking, the emotions that arise from each common movement. Put any of them with another partner - it will be not the same. Note that I am not talking about Lena’s talent or Nikita’s talent. This is primarily the talent to be a couple. And it is a great luck that the skaters have coincided in time, and the team formed."

And she was not even their coach, or working with them, when she said that. She most probably wanted them though.

I like hands above the head and I would love to see jumping entry. :popcorn:

If this I/K comment is truly from her, this sounds more believable than anything said about S/K. Pity. I hope someone is looking out for I/Z. Because I honestly think given time Z is every bit as good as K. As for Lena, if she is allowed to progress she's gonna be one of the all time greats. I took a look at their 2013 TEB performances again today. Though she had slight bobbles, got's to say this girl is very good. She needs a real talent to make her shine. I hope K/A are up for the job for they also have a great pair.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm going to russian nationals next season. I think it will be epic competition :popcorn:

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
You do remember what Zueva said about I&K a month ago right? ;)

"Lena and Nikita left ​​the strongest impression. I would even say they were born to skate together. They have everything in common - speed, stroking, the emotions that arise from each common movement. Put any of them with another partner - it will be not the same. Note that I am not talking about Lena’s talent or Nikita’s talent. This is primarily the talent to be a couple. And it is a great luck that the skaters have coincided in time, and the team formed."

I wrote Zueva's quote in a comment on Nikita's instagram and he deleted it. Thank God he didn't block me like Lena did. :biggrin:

feraina

Record Breaker
I wrote Zueva's quote in a comment on Nikita's instagram and he deleted it. Thank God he didn't block me like Lena did. :biggrin:

Aww. You might have touched some raw nerves there. Poor Elena is probably still trying to get over the disappointment and heartbreak, while Nikita probably just thought it was annoying that someone wanted to bring up this inconvenient quote.

Alba

Record Breaker
Aww. You might have touched some raw nerves there. Poor Elena is probably still trying to get over the disappointment and heartbreak, while Nikita probably just thought it was annoying that someone wanted to bring up this inconvenient quote.

I don't think ElenaNikitaFan posted the Zueva quote to Elena's instragam. If I remember well it had something to do with Morozov. It happened while ago.

Anyway, I don't think Elena sees herself as "poor", or is still trying to get over the heartbreak, while the "macho" Nikita is just being "cool". :sarcasm:
She is training with her new partner and is on vacation now. Good for her. :agree:

feraina

Record Breaker
Anyway, I don't think Elena sees herself as "poor", or is still trying to get over the heartbreak, while the "macho" Nikita is just being "cool". :sarcasm:
She is training with her new partner and is on vacation now. Good for her. :agree:

Ahh, I hope for Elena's sake that you're right. Although if she's still hurt inside, I think she'd be too proud it to show it in public.

Alba

Record Breaker
Ahh, I hope for Elena's sake that you're right. Although if she's still hurt inside, I think she'd be too proud it to show it in public.

Oh well, I don't know if she is acting. I can judge based on what I can see, hear or read about her.

hanca

Record Breaker
Ah well, that I know. I was hoping in something bigger. I mean I know they don't do jumps but just hoping in something like a high hop, if I can say that, but maybe that would be more like a single jump.

That wouldn't work. To make fast twizzles, you need speed. Take notice for example some couples are doing crossovers before the twizzles to get the speed. If you were doing a high hop, you would loose the speed on landing and the twizzle following that would be too slow, maybe even not lasting the needed amount of revolutions. (that's why some skaters if they plan doing jumps in combinations prefer the first jump to be lower and cover more distance, rather than higher and shorter).

Alba

Record Breaker
That wouldn't work. To make fast twizzles, you need speed. Take notice for example some couples are doing crossovers before the twizzles to get the speed. If you were doing a high hop, you would loose the speed on landing and the twizzle following that would be too slow, maybe even not lasting the needed amount of revolutions. (that's why some skaters if they plan doing jumps in combinations prefer the first jump to be lower and cover more distance, rather than higher and shorter).

Yep. That makes sense.

sisinka

Medalist
Bobrova & Soloviev are regularly being asked about I&K’s split, it is quite funny how much are journalists interested in what they think about a split thing again and again. Not suprisingly both Katya and Dima were surprised (both with questions and split info), they think it is Lena and Nikita’s private thing and they are both concentrated on their practises mainly.

Looking at last Katya’s interview http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/712878 (where she was again asked about I&K’s split), she disclosed a program for next season – it will be Anna Karenina’s story with original soundtrack from movie which had a premier in 2012. So, we already know what is B&S‘s music and I am curious to know what music another couples chose.

With B&S choosing Anna Karenina, here we have another big epic Russian Drama on the ice. Overall music choices of B&S follow past Russian top dancers in typical Russian skating style which was known for great technique, mainly deep edges and a very expressive and dramatic style of dancing…Krylova & Ovsiannikov with Carmen and Masquerade, Navka & Kostomarov with Tosca and Carmen, Domnina & Shabalin with Polovetsian Dances, Masquerade, Spartacus. Always big drama on big scene which was hard to forget. B&S already used Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi, Tosca by Puccini, Carmina Burana, Walpurgis Night by Gounod, historically well known stories like Romeo and Juliet, past two years they came with unusual ideas in their dances keeping in touch with classical music. And now Karenina. So a classical Russian style with sometimes unusual and original ideas. If Zueva speaks about S&K having classical and Russian style, does it mean that she will push them in direction of Bobrova & Soloviev’s style?

Status
Not open for further replies.