Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
Results 2,761 to 2,764 of 2764

Thread: Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

On the Ice
    Ah.. I miss Maxim Shabalin and Oksana. Too bad their career was hampered with his injuries. Yes he let Oksana shine, but he himself had a great presence on ice.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluver View Post
    Ah.. I miss Maxim Shabalin and Oksana. Too bad their career was hampered with his injuries. Yes he let Oksana shine, but he himself had a great presence on ice.
    I agree. They both had great presence on ice. I never liked them so much as a couple though. I don't know why...
    It was the same with Navka. She was great, but not my cup of tea.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    THIS. This is what makes a great partner. Otherwise its just Averbuch and Lobacheva (sp) which IMHO grates. However I sense Marina will not put up with any show boating from Nikita, besides which it would be pointless in this scenario. He and Elena were just two tigers in a cage. He was trying not to be overshadowed by her. This became a sore point between the two not to mention their other personal problems complicating things. I am glad they went their separate ways. I hope they are both happy.

He and Victoria will have to commit to becoming a new entity which will simply take time.
    Couldn't have said it better

I think both couples have great potential right now perhaps in different ways. Like many others have said though, it is folly in my opinion to try and speculate which couple will come out on top right now since we don't have much true substance (aka videos, competitions, etc.) to go off of.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kauh888 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better

I think both couples have great potential right now perhaps in different ways. Like many others have said though, it is folly in my opinion to try and speculate which couple will come out on top right now since we don't have much true substance (aka videos, competitions, etc.) to go off of.
    Yeah, this is why the TAT was so upset! It takes seasons to truly build a foundation and now both pairs will have to start from scratch. So I/K's contemporaries will be building on their foundation while I/Z and S/K will have to take a few steps back before they can go forward. But if S/K have it in mind to simply blow by everybody and win gold in 2018 power to them. I would have thought a more modest approach would be best.

Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185