Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
This was long coming.

I wonder how this is going to affect their placement at this Worlds.

Yeah that is interesting to wonder. Will they even be respected as Russian #1 at this event or will the horrid Bobrova & Sloppov go back to being #1 immediately now.

Ituriel

On the Ice
I hope that is not true. I had the heart broken after Vancouver because of the Khokhlova/Novitski split. Now two splits at the same time! T.T Elena & Nikita can dominate until Pyeonchang and be Olympics champions. WHY?? WHY??

Poice

Final Flight
What? I really like them. They are such great couple on ice. Two beautiful and talented people. What a lost for ice dancing :(

anyanka

Record Breaker
It says something that I'm much more invested in the breakup of this team than I am with the breakup ("conscious uncoupling") of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin.

I've seen this team progress and at Sochi thought "this is going to be THE dominant team for the next quad, they will rule like Grishuk & Platov to 2018". And then ... too much to hope for. :(

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Imagine how wide open the world title will be for teams the next few years. No D&W, no V&M, no P&B, and now no I&K. It will truly be a free for all with 3, 4, or 5 teams thinking they can win, and others who probably cant win thinking they can medal. While I would be dissapointed with the I&K split, I admit I love that aspect that will come of it (the wide open competition in the coming years).

gmyers

Record Breaker
They were a rocky unpredictable pair and really didn't work out most of the time.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Imagine how wide open the world title will be for teams the next few years. No D&W, no V&M, no P&B, and now no I&K. It will truly be a free for all with 3, 4, or 5 teams thinking they can win, and others who probably cant win thinking they can medal. While I would be dissapointed with the I&K split, I admit I love that aspect that will come of it (the wide open competition in the coming years).

... and somewhere, Bobrova, Soloviev and Zhulin all just unclenched their jaws ...

If I could wave a magic wand and create the top 3 for the next quad, I would choose W/P, C/L and the Spaniards. But that's just me.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I wonder whose choice it was. If it was Nikita's then he is crazy. Does he actually believe he will do better with Victoria S. than with Elena. Maybe he just cant stand putting up with Elena and Morozov anymore though. That is a tough combination of people to deal with 24/7.

Maxim Trankov 2.0

Mukhortova = Ilinykh

Sinitsina is great dancer

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
My guess would be that she dumped Morozov, he decided not to coach her any more, so Nikita will skate with with Sinitsina and coached by Morozov and Elena will skate with Zhigasnin and coached by whoever else. Let's the fight begin! (It would be nice if Elena and her new partner were coached by Igor).

not going to happen
Ruslan is too short for Elena

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
That's horrible, horrible news. What the hell are they thinking? Why?

And who needs soap operas, when you have figure skating?

Meoima

Match Penalty
If that "floats your boat" then that's fine with me ;)

I don't mind much about who is better than who because in ice dance it's 2 people game, it's not only her who makes the team. But seriously, if she chose to become Mrs.Morozombine no.4, then I will be very disappointed. A big sigh.:bang:

kasik8222

Rinkside
Elena wants to get married? At the age of...18? How old is she? No offense but Could russian fans explain to me why do you start your family at such a young age? Slutskaya got married when she was 20, didn't she? Not mention Plush... I don't get it. Another "cultural thing"? Don't be mad at me, I am just curious. And what is wrong with Morozov? Does he have to sleep with every girl he trains?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Elena wants to get married? At the age of...18? How old is she? No offense but Could russian fans explain to me why do start your family at such a young age? Slutskaya got married when she was 20, didn't she? Not mention Plush... I don't get it. Another "cultural thing"? Don't be mad at me, I am just courious. And what is wrong with Morozov? Does he have to sleep with every girl he trains?

You have such men singles skaters as oda and Weiss too.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Elena wants to get married? At the age of...18? How old is she? No offense but Could russian fans explain to me why do you start your family at such a young age? Slutskaya got married when she was 20, didn't she? Not mention Plush... I don't get it. Another "cultural thing"? Don't be mad at me, I am just courious. And what is wrong with Morozov? Does he have to sleep with every girl he trains?

She will soon be 20. I think it is worth remembering that to my knowledge this marriage thing is just speculation. If anyone has a link to anything resembling a credible source saying this, correct me.

In Russia, they do get married somewhat earlier than in the USA/Canada (making an assumption that that is where you are from) but not ridiculously so- in Russia the average age of a woman at first marriage is 23 or 24. vs around 27 in USA and 29 in Canada. Of courser this may vary by region and religious background in all countries- in southern USA the average age of marriage is lower, for example.

In all these places though some people do get married very young. And sometimes it works. And sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it works for a good long time but not forever. In any case it's a personal choice and really in an ultimate sense none of anyone's business but the person choosing to get married.

It is unclear to me in any case, if she is getting married to Mozo, why she couldn't continue on as she is, skating with him as her coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.