Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
seriously, does Tarasova hate Alexeeva and Kustarova or what? Every students of them get the same ill treatment, first Boborva/Soloviev, then Monko/Khaliavi, now my babies Vika and Rusland too? and yes, you're right, Vika is much better than Lena, she can hold herself, and can help her partner on lifts too, not just lie in his arms and do nothing. Rusland is better than Nikita, at least in twizzles

I strongly disagree. Both Nikita and Elena are more technically prepared, and in my opinion more talented. Especially Nikita. BUT... I think S/K could be more successful pair than I/K. Too bad they're not splitting too :)

sisinka

Medalist
seriously, does Tarasova hate Alexeeva and Kustarova or what? Every students of them get the same ill treatment, first Boborva/Soloviev, then Monko/Khaliavi, now my babies Vika and Rusland too? and yes, you're right, Vika is much better than Lena, she can hold herself, and can help her partner on lifts too, not just lie in his arms and do nothing. Rusland is better than Nikita, at least in twizzles

I know that she loves I&K (photos after FD at the Olympics are very story telling) and Stepanova & Bukin, especially Bukin. Maybe it is more about not liking couples who are rivals to her loved babies...so with her critic and bad comment to B&S and S&Z and M&K she tries to make I&K and S&B's way to medals more easy. Tarasova voted so much for Bukin to compete at Senior Worlds this season, but finally Victoria and Ruslan were chosen thanks to Nationals and European Champs results.
She also doesn't like Menshov and Voronov...and they are rivals to her loved Kovtun.

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
BUT... I think S/K could be more successful pair than I/K.
really? I think things better be the way they are, both couples should remain, well, maybe IK should leave Morozombie now, they could go to... Zueva, for example. :laugh:

Snow63

Record Breaker
really? I think things better be the way they are, both couples should remain, well, maybe IK should leave Morozombie now, they could go to... Zueva, for example. :laugh:
No. Morozov suits them just right.:bang: Although they could go to Zhulin :laugh:

sisinka

Medalist
I strongly disagree. Both Nikita and Elena are more technically prepared, and in my opinion more talented. Especially Nikita. BUT... I think S/K could be more successful pair than I/K. Too bad they're not splitting too :)

Both couples have great edges, Nikita and Ruslan are more vulnerable as to mistakes. Better lines have Victoria and Ruslan, they also extend free leg everytime, work with body greatly, while Lena and Nikita have slightly better knee work, but their body position is not the best looking while both Lena and Nikita puts their head forward and Lena doesn't extend her free leg. Speed is on the same level. Twizzles have great ice coverage in both couples, but Victoria with Ruslan cover more ice with second set of twizzles also, Lena and Nikita takes the most of ice cover in first set of twizzles and other two are done on quite small place.

Victoria and Ruslan have more difficult choreography - so their programs are more skating skills demanding. Lena and Nikita spend so many time in "pair holds" and no holds - it is more easy and less skating skills demanding than when your partner is close...and it also gives more space for concentration on elements.

The most talented from all those four is Zhiganshin - he is great technician like all the rest (with to much emotions to control), but as to dancing he is the best dancer from all four skaters mentioning here. He can express many kind of music...in he also goes on 150% into presentation and dance with such passion...there is no other dancer at this World Champ who has such dancing qualities like Ruslan has. So as to talent all four are talented, but the most talented is Ruslan - he is both great dancer and skater. I agree that Nikita is more talented than Lena, he is faster and he has better lines and more "clean" technique, maybe with different partner he will finally learn to keep the rhythm and he will try to be more variable in dancing style and only that "I fell in love with you" skating.

Take a note that Ruslan is the only one who can dance with his whole body, not just legs only...hand only...head only...but everything together. Nikita and Lena, but until this time Victoria also are not too plastic, they are not moving with whole body, they are making separate moves with hand...leg...arm...not everything together like Ruslan does. And watching Ballroom dancers you will certainly agree that dancers are dancing with whole body, it is necessary. Just watch Lena in comparison with Pechalat, especially in last season FD but also this season SD and FD, Pechalat uses whole body to express the music.

tulosai

Record Breaker
lmao @ nikita being more talented than elena

that dude is one of the worst partners out there

She is certainly more naturally talented than him but they both have serious mental issues when it comes to laying it down. I wonder if both or either have worked with a sports psychologist? (To be clear I do not mean this in a demeaning way at all- I am totally serious and sincere that I think this is something both would benefit from).

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
She is certainly more naturally talented than him but they both have serious mental issues when it comes to laying it down. I wonder if both or either have worked with a sports psychologist? (To be clear I do not mean this in a demeaning way at all- I am totally serious and sincere that I think this is something both would benefit from).

if what people have said in this thread is true, their relationship may be past salvaging honestly. some pairings are just toxic period

Snow63

Record Breaker
Both couples have great edges, Nikita and Ruslan are more vulnerable as to mistakes. Better lines have Victoria and Ruslan, they also extend free leg everytime, work with body greatly, while Lena and Nikita have slightly better knee work, but their body position is not the best looking while both Lena and Nikita puts their head forward and Lena doesn't extend her free leg. Speed is on the same level. Twizzles have great ice coverage in both couples, but Victoria with Ruslan cover more ice with second set of twizzles also, Lena and Nikita takes the most of ice cover in first set of twizzles and other two are done on quite small place.

Victoria and Ruslan have more difficult choreography - so their programs are more skating skills demanding. Lena and Nikita spend so many time in "pair holds" and no holds - it is more easy and less skating skills demanding than when your partner is close...and it also gives more space for concentration on elements.

The most talented from all those four is Zhiganshin - he is great technician like all the rest (with to much emotions to control), but as to dancing he is the best dancer from all four skaters mentioning here. He can express many kind of music...in he also goes on 150% into presentation and dance with such passion...there is no other dancer at this World Champ who has such dancing qualities like Ruslan has. So as to talent all four are talented, but the most talented is Ruslan - he is both great dancer and skater. I agree that Nikita is more talented than Lena, he is faster and he has better lines and more "clean" technique, maybe with different partner he will finally learn to keep the rhythm and he will try to be more variable in dancing style and only that "I fell in love with you" skating.

Take a note that Ruslan is the only one who can dance with his whole body, not just legs only...hand only...head only...but everything together. Nikita and Lena, but until this time Victoria also are not too plastic, they are not moving with whole body, they are making separate moves with hand...leg...arm...not everything together like Ruslan does. And watching Ballroom dancers you will certainly agree that dancers are dancing with whole body, it is necessary. Just watch Lena in comparison with Pechalat, especially in last season FD but also this season SD and FD, Pechalat uses whole body to express the music.

Wow. You're probably right about everything. But. call me crazy but today I/K were much better technically and artistically than S/Z (except missing twizzles ofc). At least for my not-so-trained eye. And their speed was definitely better. Ruslan always struck me as a vain dancer. I'm probably wrong but that's the expression I have from his moves.

elif

Medalist
If I were Sinitsina, I wouldn't want to break my partnership. They are 4th at the their European debut, also very possible top 10 finish at the world championships debut.

tulosai

Record Breaker
if what people have said in this thread is true, their relationship may be past salvaging honestly. some pairings are just toxic period

Yeah but even if they are splitting, honestly, I think both need to go to a sports psychologist. I think it's unlikely that their only issue is that they can't get along with one another. In fact, their inability to get along with each other likely stems at least in part from these other issues.

Alba

Record Breaker
Sorry again. I guess I got a little carried away :) And I forgot that I liked you yesterday) Poor me, old man. Not too old though, but still :laugh:

No problem. :thumbsup::)

You have contacts in Eurosport Ita?

It's not like they are my friends (there are two) but one of them has this group on FB and I'm there. He's a very nice guy, really knowledgeable about figure skating and not biased at all.
He's very active on that group and answers to all the questions, even in private. Poor soul, he once wrote me a looooong detailed explanation about the footwork when I asked him. :laugh:
Never gets tired or bothered, no matter how many questions you ask him.

whatif

Medalist
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/698530
Interview which points that Nelli Zhiganshina, Ruslan’s sister, is the only one who agrees to tell something more about the situation. She tells how that information about a split got to Ruslan – he was told by some skater, not by Victoria. She says that Ruslan is very brave, he fights for good result at this World Championship, she says that it is a very hard situation for Ruslan of course.
She is asked about the fact that an information about splitting couples is not official – she answers that everybody believes it, but in the same time they doubt about it, but there is no fire without a smoke. But it can also be a plan from somebody to put bad lights on those two couples – to make their marks lower (which obviously didn’t happen).

So, Nelli didn’t help much…they all believe and they all doubt in the same moment.

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/698523
Nikita’s answer is much more simple, he says that it is not important what talks go around them, that there is no time to think about such talks …and when he is directly asked about a split, he says: “No comment!“

I think what the interview with Nelli indicates that there is something going on behind the scenes and it's not a simple split situation. The translation is not entirely correct. She uses word "completely shocked", "rumours", "heard from somebody" and most importantly that Ruslan had absolute no idea until the rumours broke this week. There is no way he could not have known IF such decision was made or even seriously entertained. Also the way he and Vika behaved in the KandC with their coaches did not indicate even a hint on a possible problem. We shall wait until the end of the season.

The fact that Nikita said "no comments" is interesting.
There are rumours that the news was broken by Zhulin's team. If so, karma is a *****.

In any case what a drama! Black Swan pales in comparison.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think I'm missing something entirely but ... can someone give a brief history of the nature of Lena & Nika's relationship? Do they just not get along? I know they partnered years ago, split (she moved to train with Zueva solo), then returned and are now at this juncture. But behind the scenes, since North American gossip rags don't mention them at all, what's the deal?

Snow63

Record Breaker
I think what the interview with Nelli indicates that there is something going on behind the scenes and it's not a simple split situation. The translation is not entirely correct. She uses word "completely shocked", "rumours", "heard from somebody" and most importantly that Ruslan had absolute no idea until the rumours broke this week. There is no way he could not have known IF such decision was made or even seriously entertained. Also the way he and Vika behaved in the KandC with their coaches did not indicate even a hint on a possible problem. We shall wait until the end of the season.

The fact that Nikita said "no comments" is interesting.
There are rumours that the news was broken by Zhulin's team. If so, karma is a *****.

In any case what a drama! Black Swan pales in comparison.
I still can't find the source of that. I listened to all their interviews during last week. do you know where did he said that?

Edit: Oh I just found it. And of course there's no video. So could probably be some journalists imagination :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think I'm missing something entirely but ... can someone give a brief history of the nature of Lena & Nika's relationship? Do they just not get along? I know they partnered years ago, split (she moved to train with Zueva solo), then returned and are now at this juncture. But behind the scenes, since North American gossip rags don't mention them at all, what's the deal?

The very short 6-point version (mods feel free to edit/delete if it is too gossip raggy. i try to be clear what is just rumored and what is known to be true).

1) they partnered as children but were very immature and split up. when they got back together they said they didn't understand what working together and partnership was at that time.
2) they got back together on the ice and also dated. it is believed (though not to my knowledge confirmed) that it was serious and that she broke his heart.
3) directly or perhaps shortly thereafter, she began dating mozorov, their current coach.
4) it is rumored that she is an extremely temperamental diva and that he has struggled to deal with her mood swings, emotions, and with the fact that she broke his heart and is now dating their coach.
5) it is rumored that he is very insecure.
6) for the above reasons it is rumored that there is a GREAT deal of tension among them and mozorov. it doesn't help that they rarely 'hit' in competition.

There have also been dramatic coaching switches and many rumors about their work ethic or lack thereof.

Manitou

Medalist
Maybe it's just gossips, but i heard that Elena is planning to get married. So, maybe that's why she wants to quit skating. Actually i can understand her. Team OGM and Olympic bronze is a great achivement. She sacrificed a lot for it, perhaps she just want to have a normal life now.

She is like what? Nineteen? Are you kidding me? Getting married and retiring at 19???
Normal life? At nineteen? And what is a "normal life"? Lots of kids, kitchen, church and abusive drunk husband? She can do it after thirty, but not at nineteen!
This is the worst news ever! I understand there must be some reason for splitting, but retiring because of that???

Snow63

Record Breaker
The very short 6-point version (mods feel free to edit/delete if it is too gossip raggy. i try to be clear what is just rumored and what is known to be true).

1) they partnered as children but were very immature and split up. when they got back together they said they didn't understand what working together and partnership was at that time.
2) they got back together on the ice and also dated. it is believed (though not to my knowledge confirmed) that it was serious and that she broke his heart.
3) directly or perhaps shortly thereafter, she began dating mozorov, their current coach.
4) it is rumored that she is an extremely temperamental diva and that he has struggled to deal with her mood swings, emotions, and with the fact that she broke his heart and is now dating their coach.
6) for the above reasons it is rumored that there is a GREAT deal of tension among them and mozorov. it doesn't help that they rarely 'hit' in competition.

OMG. What have I just read? :bang:

sisinka

Medalist

There have also been dramatic coaching switches and many rumors about their work ethic or lack thereof.

This is more about personal things than about skating…

While on ice they are doing so many gestures which should look like perfect love relationship, off ice they look not to listen to each other. Interviews by both of them are quite often full of different descriptions of the same story. One say that they immediately found a music for this season’s dances, other one says that it took so long time to find suitable music.

When they teamed up for the second time (when Lena came back from America), Lena describes that she and Nikita made a decision that they wanted to skate together again, then she described some test skate with five another girls and Nikita had to choose one of them. But when Nikita was asked about the same question, he told that Zhulin offered him to try once again with Lena and that he didn’t want to (asking Zhulin if he was really serious about another try out). But Zhulin persisted saying that Nikita was looking for a new partner (he split with a partner some time ago in 2008).

To Lena’s mood - she herself described that she screamed during practise in moment when she wanted to change something, and she screamed and cry so long until Nikita and Morozov didn’t agree with her opinion.

There were rumours that Nikita tried with Khokhlova (not sure about season – 2010/11 or more possibly 2011/12). There were rumours that Nikita doesn’t want to skate with Lena, probably because she dated Morozov.
There were rumours that Lena started to date Morozov in moment when he still dated Miki, and also Lena was dating Nikita those times.

Every season there were some people saying that the couple doesn’t work enough – in 2010/11 it was mainly Zhulin before World Champs, and their choreographer Vlasova, next season in 2011/12 it was Tarasova. But this season surprisingly Tarasova changed (in the beginning she had another criticism for lazy work and she also criticised Morozov for not good attitude to the couple, but in the middle of season she changed and started to say that the couple started to love working).

To changing of coaches – while after World Champs 2011 Nikita was talking greatly about Zhulin – how he understands them, that he is a great coach and they are so satisfied with him, only about a half months later the couple switches to Morozov and Nikita says that Zhulin didn’t pay attention to them etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.